Profile for Madama Butterfly > Reviews

Her Fearful Symmetry
Her Fearful Symmetry
by Audrey Niffenegger

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Thumbs Down, 16 April 2011
This review is from: Her Fearful Symmetry (Paperback)
A huge disappointment. Having thoroughly enjoyed The Time Traveler's Wife, I tried very hard to like this book. Unfortunately the more I read, the more I wished I hadn't wasted my time and money. I disliked the characters, the plot was feeble and what was it with the repeated references to Sainsbury's? I've rarely been so pleased to finish a novel.

Rossini: Il Barbiere Di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville) - Madrid Teatro Real  [DVD] [2005] [NTSC]
Rossini: Il Barbiere Di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville) - Madrid Teatro Real [DVD] [2005] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Bruno Practicò

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 11 Oct 2010
I wasn't much taken with Il Barbiere until I watched the DVD from Covent Garden with Juan Diego Florez and Joyce di Donato. I loved that production but I have to say this one from Madrid is even more enjoyable. I'm quite addicted to it, playing it at every opportunity. Unlike some other reviewers I have absolutely no problem with Pietro Spagnoli's Figaro, in fact I really liked his performance. Florez is stunning, no doubt about it. Good grief, after 20 years I think I've found a new tenor to adore....

Bacalov: Misa Tango; Tangosaín / Piazzolla: Adiós Nonino; Libertango
Bacalov: Misa Tango; Tangosaín / Piazzolla: Adiós Nonino; Libertango

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 2 Jan 2010
When I first heard this work some years ago I'm afraid I dismissed it as rubbish after a few minutes. But later on I decided to give it another chance. I'm so glad I persevered because now it is one of my favourite CDs. The music is thrilling and Domingo is in his most seductive voice. Wonderful.

Earworms Rapid Italian Vol. 1: 200+ Essential Words and Phrases Anchored into Your Long Term Memory with Great Music (Musical Brain Trainer)
by Marlon Lodge
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jan 2007
We're hoping to move to Italy in the next year and I've bought several language courses, including Michel Thomas, Rosetta Stone and DK's 15 Minute Italian. My husband has real difficulty with them, never having studied any languages. Until I got volume 1 of Earworms his only attempt at Italian was 'il conto, per favore'. I was getting worried, thinking all the Italian was going to be down to me - and I've still got plenty to learn. However he has made real progress with Earworms - and I have found it invaluable too for the pronunciation and repetition, which has increased my confidence in speaking considerably. We're eagerly awaiting volume 2.