Profile for scatterbox > Reviews

scatterbox

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Very Best of Prince
The Very Best of Prince

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a good album with a lot of the hits on- 1999, 7 May 2016
This review is from: The Very Best of Prince (Audio CD)
I bought this because although I had a few albums of Prince they were not on C.D. The item arrived on time in a jiffy bag. It is a good album with a lot of the hits on- 1999, Little Red Corvette, Kiss , When Doves Cry, Purple Rain, Sign Of The Times, etc. A true musical genius.

The Woods
The Woods

2.0 out of 5 stars I found this book started well but found the ending ..., 10 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Woods (Kindle Edition)
I found this book started well but found the ending was very disappointing . Very predictable, guessed the ending before I got to it.

Black + Decker DV9610N Cyclonic Action Dustbuster - 9.6 Volt
Black + Decker DV9610N Cyclonic Action Dustbuster - 9.6 Volt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great handheld vacuum, 10 Dec. 2015
Unfortunately I ended up buying two by mistake but decided o keep the other and give it as a gift. The item arrived on time . It was well packed( the cat loved the roll of paper used to pad it out and the box). It is not as light as I thought but it's not a problem. It is easy to use and is handy for me as I live in a small house and it is good to get into small areas where you can't necessarily reach with a traditional upright hover. I use it on the stairs which is a nightmare with an upright on a spiral stair case. Obviously the suction is not as powerful as an upright but it is sufficient for the jobs I need it for. It also comes with an attachment for hard to reach places. It is easy to assemble and use. I haven't noticed how long it lasts before it needs charging purely because I've only had it a day but decide to review it straight away as I was pleased with it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo - Premium Quality Shockproof Defender Plastic Hard Back Case Cover + Free Clear Screen Protector + Polishing Cloth
Offered by EXCELLENT ACCESSORIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smart looking cover, 10 Dec. 2015
This was a gift for my other half. It arrived before time, well packaged. He loved it. He said it looked cool It also came with a free screensaver but he already had one so it will do as a spare.

Amy Snow: The Richard & Judy Bestseller
Amy Snow: The Richard & Judy Bestseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Just an O.K. read, 25 Jun. 2015
I bought this because it was on Richard and Judy's book club list .The story began well with some good strong characters .It is basically a story about a baby found abandoned in the snow .She is found by a young girl who insists her parents take her in . The story continues with Amy's journey after being left some letters by her "sister" after her death. There are some good strong interesting characters but I thought with such a promising start it would have a great ending. My own opinion was that it wasn't very eventful and the end just petered out. There was over seventy chapters which although short. I think it made it a long drawn out tale. This was an o.k. read but nothing extraordinary.

The Full Monty [1997] [DVD]
The Full Monty [1997] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great qulity, great sound, 4 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Full Monty [1997] [DVD] (DVD)
This arrived when it should.Great qulity , great sound. Coming from Sheffield this is a special film for me. Loved it.

Supergets® Flip Pocket PU Leather Case Cover For Apple Iphone 5C / 5 C+ Screen Protector , Touch Screen Stylus and Polishing Cloth Dark Blue ( Not compatible with Iphone 5 , 5S , IP4 )
Offered by MOBILEJOY

5.0 out of 5 stars snug little case, 1 Jun. 2015
This case came before the estimated time given, The colour is not as bright as it looks on the internet but that did not bother me. It was well packaged , you get a handy wipe cloth and a stylus. There is also a screen saver but I must have done something wrong because I could not get the sticky tag off it. Very pleased with my case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2015 5:57 PM BST

The Highway (Cassie Dewel)
The Highway (Cassie Dewel)

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a thoroughly good read which doesn't waver from the plot, 3 May 2015
The story is about a highway trucker who abducts women and tortures them. The story begins with two girls taking an adventure into the mountains of Montana who disappear en route. The story builds by bringing in several characters , state troopers, police and the families of the victims. It is a thoroughly good read which doesn't waver from the plot. The build up to the end is tense but the result is satisfying but doesn't end quite as you would expect, Without giving the story away I was a bit confused as to wether it had ended completely or if this may be a trilogy .The characters were totally believable and I imagined the female co to be like the female cop in Fargo. It was very descriptive of the landscape so you almost felt you were actually there I just wished the female cop had got her commendation she deserved but if it is a trilogy maybe that will be in the next book?.

In Between (A Katie Parker Production, Book 1)
In Between (A Katie Parker Production, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Teen humour, 9 Nov. 2014
Teen humour.
I didn't realise when I downloaded this that it was aimed at teens. If you are in that bracket I would imagine you would find it amusing but I personally found the author tried too hard and it became predictable. However, it was a pleasant story with the main character growing on you from day one. An enjoyable little read for teens

Sorry If I Disturb You: Jayden, A Boy With Autism
Sorry If I Disturb You: Jayden, A Boy With Autism

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an account of a boy with autism. ..., 27 Oct. 2014
This is an account of a boy with autism. It is very badly written but the point is that it is a true insight to autism. Before people start belittling the literary aspect of this book, is not written to win The Pulitzer Prize .It is written to educate people on this subject so people may be a bit more understanding when they come into contact with someone who has autism .As the author says autism has a wide spectrum so there are varying degrees of it. This is a very honest, true account.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7