Profile for scatterbox > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
My Very First Dare
My Very First Dare

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., 6 Sep 2014
Titilating short story very badly written. Ok if you want a quick thrill

The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist

1.0 out of 5 stars Never judge a book, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after all the hype in a daily newspaper. Wish I hadn't bothered. It started well and petered out to nothing.I sometimes find new authors try to gain credibility by using big words .After reading the synopsis I expected something in the style of Isabelle Allende unfortunately this wasn't up to her standard. I always persevere with a book because it can get better the further on you read. But I found this dull, no likeable characters and a very weak plot.The most exciting thing about this book is the cover, hence never judge a book........

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant read, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. Some people found it boring but I found it an interesting story with a paranormal twist.Some reviewers expect too much from a free book.Although it was predictable in parts you have to take it for what it is, an easy read.It wasn't written to change lives .

In Your Eyes (Remastered LP Version)
In Your Eyes (Remastered LP Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Step back in time, 19 July 2014
I purchased this after seeing George live in Bournemouth a couple of years ago. Fantastic uplifting songs by a great performer who still sounds the same live as he does on this.

The Search
The Search

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed how the story unfolded but I think more could ..., 19 July 2014
This review is from: The Search (Kindle Edition)
This is not the type of novel I would normally pick and to be honest can't remember why I did. However, this was an engaging read from the start. The characters were totally believable , so much that I wondered if the author was writing from life experience of a relative or someone? I enjoyed how the story unfolded but I think more could have been made of the ending which seemed to come to an abrupt end. That is my only reason for not giving it five stars.

Higher Love
Higher Love

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Higher Love (MP3 Download)
Bought after watching The Voice. Just loved his soulful voice. I hoped he would go a long way as a result of the series but sadly he has faded into the distance which happens a lot with reality programmes. This track was a different take on the origonal. Shame he is no longer in the spotlight.

Never Give Up On A Good Thing
Never Give Up On A Good Thing

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 16 Jan 2014
I bought this after seeing George live in Bourenmouth a couple of years ago. The man still sounds the same as he did in the eighties! Not many artists can say that and this is my all time favourite.

Turn Your Love Around
Turn Your Love Around

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 16 Jan 2014
A great track from one of the greatest jazz/funk/soul singers around. Takes me back to my youth! Definately worth it!

Dysfunctional Debauchery (Fifty-Seven Shades of Shit Book 2)
Dysfunctional Debauchery (Fifty-Seven Shades of Shit Book 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing, 16 Jan 2014
After reading the first book I thought the author tried too hard with this one. It may have been written to a deadline and therefore I felt maybe it was rushed.O bviously there will be more in this series but after reading this one I won,t be buying any more. I thought he was trying too hard to be funny . The humour in the first book seemed to flow easier and more naturally.

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 1)
Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars good, easy read, 2 Jan 2014
I bought this on recommendation by other reviews. It is about a woman who has visions and has grown up an out cast because of this. It is a mistery and romance rolled into one. You can empathise with the central caracther as her story unfolds. It kept me gripped right until the end which was not predictble. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Give it a try!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4