Profile for Jacqueline Brown > Reviews

Content by Jacqueline Brown

Jacqueline Brown "tara40" (scotland)

Aunt Alex's Army Manual: How to Free Yourself From the Narcissist
Aunt Alex's Army Manual: How to Free Yourself From the Narcissist

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem Of A Book, 3 July 2014
This is an amazing book! Aunt Alex takes you by the hand with compassion and understanding and leads you to a new level of awareness in relation to narcissistic men.

The book is armed with techniques to help women get free of such men and equips them with the tools to spot a toad in the future. I loved the wit in this book and made me laugh out loud at a time when I was feeling sad about my relationship with a toad.

I would recommend this book to every woman who is struggling to understand what the hell is going on in her relationship and as a psychotherapist, I would recommend it to female clients.

This book should be made available to every young woman in high school to help them spot a toad a mile off in the future!

The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity (10th anniversary edition)
by Julia Cameron

5.0 out of 5 stars A journey of self-discovery, 21 Jan. 2003
I was rather sceptical when I first bought this book four years ago, it sounded a bit too arty for my liking! however, the book is actually very powerful.The tools of recovery, which are discussed in the book, i.e. morning pages and the artist's date soon became a way of life for me, four years on they are still an integral part of my life.It was by using these tools that I discovered who I was, and just as importantly, who I was not!
I'm not prone to recommending books, but I would encourage people to read this book, buy it if you can't borrow a copy.The journey is yours to discover! Happy travelling.