Profile for A. Ahearne > Reviews

Content by A. Ahearne

A. Ahearne (London, UK)

New Apple iPhone 4 Replacement back battery cover - Black Glass, , free screwdriver included. iPhone 4 repair

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible. Waste of time and money., 9 July 2014
Back didnt fit at all. The fitting do not line up correctly at all so it leaves about a 1mm gap between the case and the phone. Not to mention it feels thicker than the original and more plasticy. Came with a note asking for good feedback, forget it. This product is worthless. Look elsewhere.

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and iron, 19 Oct. 2013
Pretty good quality. If you want to lift the heavy thing to get the big arm, this is the product to get. I had some plasticy ones from Argos before which looked and felt awful, now I have these ones which look fantastic gathering dust in the corner of my room.

Binocktails Bev-Cam 5 oz Camera Flask
Binocktails Bev-Cam 5 oz Camera Flask
Offered by Binocktails Flask

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty sneaky, 19 Oct. 2013
You seen the prices of alcohol in London lately? This thing saves me about £30 every Friday night. You better get to buying this or get to being sober.

Incipio Frequency Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Obsidian Black
Incipio Frequency Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Obsidian Black
Offered by Olive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 19 Oct. 2013
Incipio have always made great cases. Had one for my iphone and then got another when I upgraded to S4. Fits perfectly, very thin but provides pretty good protection from damage (especially from scrapes and drops) which would otherwise probably break the screen.

Key Covers Plastic Assorted (Pack of 7) (U-G0211)
Key Covers Plastic Assorted (Pack of 7) (U-G0211)
Offered by best deal 4 u

1.0 out of 5 stars Only 4 colours, cheaper in Tesco, 19 Oct. 2013
I was sent a pack of 8 key toppers that only came in 4 colours (2 of each). Its exactly the same ones they sell in Tesco for £1. Do not buy this product. Waste of time and money.

PC Trading® Mini USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter - Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit), Windows 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) - Supports Bluetooth v2.0 and v1.2 - 3Mbps - Retail Packaging
Offered by PC Trading

1.0 out of 5 stars Actually Terrible, 16 Mar. 2012
This is so cheap I thought Id just give it a go, even though I sort of knew it would work. It didnt work. Im using Windows 7 64 bit and it didnt detect a single thing. Didnt even work properly in my front USB ports. I ended up going to PC World and getting a Belkin one. And before you think "oh hes probably just being an idiot and doesnt know how to work it...", Im actually a web developer and I also build computers. I also tried this with Linux and it didnt work at all either. Total waste of money, Im not even going to bother sending it back for £3

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy desk, 27 Feb. 2012
Delivery and Communication:

This arrived pretty sharpish and was tracked which was a bonus.

I have some codes to get into my block of flats which I emailed to Piranha Trading once I had bought the item and although their communication was good, the details never made it to the driver. When I called to make sure the driver had the codes they said no details were left with him. I do not blame Piranha Trading for this though, as this information was probably passed through several points and there is no guarantee that it was PT's fault.

Item Condition:

These desks are obviously made quite cheaply, but have a good weight and are still at the top end of their range. The material is obviously MDF covered with a vinyl and a lot of the time the vinyl is partly covering the screw holes. This really is nitpicking though, this is a very good product. The poles are made from metal, which might sound odd to mention, but anyone who has bought the argos range which has a similar look will know that their poles are made from plastic which bend and break very easily.

The drawers are on runners (again, compared to the argos range this is a huge improvement), which makes them easy to slide out (although one of mine gets caught half way, I dont imagine this is common)

There was some slight water damage on one end on one of the boards, but you cant really notice it, it just made the vinyl a bit wrinkled.

The screws and parts are all labelled in little bags showing the size of each screw and it is one of the easiest flat packs I have ever built because the screw holes are actually the correct size, so you dont get stuck having to force screws into the MDF.

Overall Product;

You wont be disappointed with this item at all. The service is perfect and a lot of the larger companies should take note that this is how it should be done. PT had very good communication, the delivery was right on time, they use superior courier (city link) rather than utter rubbish like Yodel! (The courier even carried the desk up the flights of stairs for me and I live on the third floor)

The desk is sturdy and heavy, it doesnt rock from side to side like some cheap flimsy flat packs. Do not be worried about quality when purchasing this. This is much more like an IKEA product than an Argos one, if you know what I mean.

Some important things to note:

This model of desk is obviously a modified version of another one of their desks, with the printer shelf and keyboard tray removed. I bought this version because I have two 24" monitors and the shelf would have got in the way, plus Im not a huge fan of keyboard trays as they are never wide enough for space for both keyboard and mouse. The reason I mention this is that it causes the desk to be very high. As you can see in the picture, you can just place your keyboard and mouse on the desk surface, but the desk surface is quite a bit higher than your average desk and Im having to buy a new computer chair to accommodate as my one did not extend high enough.

The other important point I wanted to mention was that some of the measurements seem to be taken from the outside of the panel. So for example, the compartment for the PC Tower might be 30cm wide - 1cm each side for the panel width. This caused a problem as I have a large PC tower and when I measured it all up the tower just about fit in, when I came to put the tower in the desk I had to actually remove the shelf which is in the same compartment as it was a couple of mm off. Saying that, I was taking measurements from the tower manufacturer and not measuring it myself, so dont take that for gospel, I just thought that might be the case.

The pull out drawer above the drawers doesnt seem to pull out all of the way. I put my printer in there and if I want to print I have to pull the drawer out and spin the printer around to face me. I suppose its not made for them anyway!

Dont be put off by these comments though, Im just trying to lay out everything that came to mind when building this desk. Someone mentioned it took them 6 hours! It took me about 1 and a half its not that difficult.

Youll be pushed to find a better quality, more well designed desk for this price.

Navitech Cycle / Bike / Bicycle Sports Waterproof holder mount and case for Smart Phones Mobiles & Cell phones Including The Samsung Galaxy Portal , Samsung Galaxy Europa, Galaxy Apollo, Galaxy S, Samsung jet ultra, Wave II, Wave 533, Wave525, Wave, Omnia Pro B7350, Omnia 7, Omnia II, I900, Omnia Pro, Samsung monte.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used with Honda Lead 125cc Scooter, 10 Feb. 2012
This case saves my life! I bought the £2.99 Navmii app to use with it and hook up my earphones to direct me whilst driving.

Everything about this mount is perfect. The foam inserts are a very nice touch as they push the screen right to the front of the case. The clamp itself is very versatile, I personally clamp mine to the stalk of the wing mirror and usually travel 10-20 miles in one go to which the case has never slipped, even on a scooter! You can also turn the case upside down by mounting the clamp in a slightly different way, which means the zip is at the bottom and the water wont get in to your phone if its raining.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this case.

iphone 4/4s hard back nintendo gameboy case/cover in white
iphone 4/4s hard back nintendo gameboy case/cover in white

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, very much a novelty item, 10 Feb. 2012
Nice secure fit on this case although after removing I saw that dust got in quite easily through to the back. The case has a smooth finish which makes it quite slippery, I suppose all of these plastic cases do. The novelty wore off after about two weeks and I found that I would prefer a rubber or wallet style case. I had the speck pixelskin hd before this and it was a perfect case, this one sort my expensive iphone feel cheap.

Theres pretty much no protection as the screen is completely exposed and the edges almost run flush with the screen also. The design is also obviously a good quality sticker on a generic plastic case, but its hard to tell unless you own it yourself and have inspected it.

Overall, I wouldnt exactly recommend this case, but its fun for its novelty value and its not expensive either.

Premium Black PU Leather Wallet Case Cover For The Apple iPhone 4 / 4S With Screen Protector For The 4G 4th Generation
Offered by Yousave Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 10 Feb. 2012
Pros:
Fits very well
Good quality feel
Nice magnetic clasp

Cons:
Quite difficult to remove the phone once inserted

Summary:
You would expect to pay a lot more for a case like this. A couple of points to note, when you put credit cards into the slot it does bulk out the case slightly (obviously), but the magnetic clasp still maintains a firm hold. The clasp itself wraps from front to back so its a bit of a strange way of opening the case and as with all these types of cases, you will be either wrapping the front cover around to the back or typing with one hand as when the case is open its a bit difficult to text with both hands. Games are also obviously going to be quite difficult to play with a case like this too.

The space for cash is very slim and although this does help the aesthetics of the overall design, its a little difficult to get cash in and out if you were in a rush.

Other reviews have also mentioned how difficult it is to get the phone out of the case. Imagine having a very securely fitted slim plastic case with your phone inside, now lay it on its back on a flat surface and try to remove the phone without picking up the case. Thats what its like. You have to sort of pry your phone away from the grasp of the case! Better that though, than having a loose fit.

I bought this product as it gives far better protection than other cases and is ideal for a night out where you only need a drivers license and a debit card with a bit of cash. Far better than carrying around a wallet full of cards. I still keep my wallet in my bag to hold change and other rail cards etc. In hindsight, it would be very nice to have had a third card slot (although it would still bulk it out quite a bit more) as I would like to have my drivers license, debit card and oyster card!

Overall, I would recommend this case. You get exactly what you need. Safe, secure phone, space for two cards and cash, quality leather finish, nice secure magnetic clasp. If you want ease of use too, you're better off opting for a flip case that opens vertically rather than horizontally (although personally I prefer this style)