Profile for lyra > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Real Techniques Deluxe Set Collectors Edition
Real Techniques Deluxe Set Collectors Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented for a gift, 2 April 2016
Bought as a present - I don't use make up so can't comment on the quality but seem very good. Very nicely packaged in a transparent box about 10''x 8'' with the case behind it. Looked more substantial than I was expecting.

Piano 2015-2017: Grade 6: Pieces & Exercises
Piano 2015-2017: Grade 6: Pieces & Exercises

5.0 out of 5 stars as expected for Trinity exam book, 2 April 2016
Good

Violin CD Grade 7 2016-2019
Violin CD Grade 7 2016-2019
by Trinity College London
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 2 April 2016
As required for trinity.

EasyAcc Kindle Paperwhite Case Ultra Slim Cover Cell for All New Kindle Paperwhite 2015 300 PPI 3rd Gen / 2014 / 2013 / 2012 with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function, Protector Screen - Blue
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover, 3 Jan. 2016
A good case - new 2015 paperwhite clip perfectly into a solid pastic black frame. Quite slim and lightweight - looks elegant. Shuts on a magnet. Switches paperwhite on and off, PVC leather look. Only two concerns - I wanted a spotty design (not plain) and I wonder whether the cover might have a tendency to open in a large handbag and use up battery (as it is a magnet rther than a clip). (Not an issue for me as my handbags are small.)

Small Pink Butterfly Angel Glitter Fairy Wings for girls / children
Small Pink Butterfly Angel Glitter Fairy Wings for girls / children
Offered by topcats

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for adult costume if adjusted, or 5-8 yr old, 3 Jan. 2016
I needed a small pair of cheap fairy wings for an adult costume and these were perfect. Cheap, firm enough to sew on to the dress on one side of the zip and hang evenly. They looked fabulus when I sewed on some battry fairy lights! As a child's item designed for about ages 5-8. I removed the elastic arm bands for myself. Fast and well packed.

Metallic nano puzzle Eiffel Tower
Metallic nano puzzle Eiffel Tower
Offered by J-Groove - Ships directly from Japan -

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little model, 3 Jan. 2016
Bought for my 13 yr old daughter as a stocking present - final model is better than the Empire State version which had varius design faults.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Colour darker than in image: mid blue not pastel., 3 Jan. 2016
Bought as a cheap cover while I decide what I want.
Positives:
1. It's cheap
2. It arrived quite quickly - about 1 week.
3. The ipad sems to fit quite securely in a hard plastic frame with good access to screen and ports.
Negatives:
1. Colour: the case is mid blue (A little lighter than royal blue with creamy rather than pour whte spots, unlike the picture), not baby blue - a colour I was specififclly looking for.
2. I'm not convince by the folding mehanism - you end up with a large footprint.
3. The cover doesn't activate/switch off the ipad.
4. The cover doesn't seal shut - there is a 3-4 mm gap.
5. There is a small magnet inserted in the cover which sits propud of its casing. It is covered by the inner felt like cover but I would be concerned whether it would put pressure on the screen.
6. Quite bulky but I'm not sure how much it will protect the ipad.
7. I find the swivelling case design annoying.
On balance I wouldn't buy it again.

caseable Fire Cover (7" Tablet, 5th Generation - 2015 Release), Dialogue With the Sky

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but flimsy, 29 Dec. 2015
Not sure I would buy this again. This back cover is hard plastic, designed to clip onto the back of the Kindle leaving a top and bottom edge free to allow for sound/plug/camera access. The front is sectioned into 3 and covers the whole of the screen as per the picture. The material is PVC with a foam grey inlay, again very thin-max 1- 2 mm. I suspect it would be fine if dropped on a carpet but wouldn't like to test it on a tiled floor or concrete-and the Kindle is quite heavy (heavier than my paperwhite) so the impact would be considerable. The clasp is magnetic and as far as we can tell does not has a wake sleep function, but my daughter tends to turn it off so we may be wrong there.
On the plus side it is not at all bulky so adds very little to the overall size. I would have preferred something more substantial and able to protect the Kindle on all sides. My daughter however, loves the design and colours are as per photo and would give it 4/5.

Princess Foam Hats with Trailing Veil for Children to Decorate, Personalise, Dress Up(Pack of 4)
Offered by Yellow Moon UK Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic - don't think I would buy again, 29 Dec. 2015
I needed 1 of these as a basis for an adult dressing up hat, but didn't need 4. These are sized for children which I guessed from the reviews, so to fit me I had to use two (cutting out a panel from the second one and adding it to the back of the first one. from that point of view having 2 the same colour was useful. I also had to pad the top section to ensure a conical shape-so as a base it was ok but needed additional work. Once I added more netting to hide the joins it worked.
If bought for a child be aware of the following issues: they are flat packed and it is hard to make them look concal rather than just flat. The glue seal at the back is weak so if you have a child with a larger head it will just split. Finally the netting is rather pathetic rather than decorative - be prepared to add your own. For a party craft activity it would be fine - though no additional felt pieces are included. If you want his as a proper dressing up hat spend more or just get your out foam and make your own.

Premium Black PU Leather Bank Credit Card Flip Wallet Case Cover Pouch For iPhone 4 4S +USB Data Cable+ Screen Protector+ Stylus Pen
Offered by Ocean Planet9

4.0 out of 5 stars PU Case with small wallet, 29 Dec. 2015
Well, this has been really useful but my husband has cannibalised it. He wanted a 4S case that could act as a wallet. Unfortunately the wallet side barely hold one credit card on this model, (too tight), On his previous £20 leather wallet case the wallet side was intact, but the bottom strap holding the 4S in position broke. Those wallets were no longer available so I chose this replacement. So the solution has been to attach the 4S holder to his old wallet with some araldite. Outcome - one very happy husband and a Christmas family activity involving lots of glue, knives and opinions. At this price, this solution has worked well. In addition this 4S holder is of the fixed plastic kind which means that he has much better access tot he screen than with the previous model.
So if you want a full wallet (3 cards and money) this won't work. If you just want to insert 1 card or cash, this will be fine. Cannibalised it seems great, though I suppose you could just buy a cheap black hard case for the same purpose. This is PU not leather.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20