Profile for P. Laidler > Reviews

Wpro Genuine Samsung Internal Water Filter For Side By Sides
Wpro Genuine Samsung Internal Water Filter For Side By Sides
Offered by Kenco Spares

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit as promised., 10 July 2014
Meant to be a direct replacement for the samsung filter DA97-06317A. It even says so on the box. The connector lugs, however, are completely different and there is no way at all to make this fit. If your Samsung filter has the above code then you would be better off getting the official filter instead.

Cast Away [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Cast Away [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick to the DVD, 24 Jan. 2014
My wife and I love this movie and it is a favourite when watching a movie in bed. I decided to buy the bluray as I thought it would look great on our new 47 inch hd tv when we watched it in our lounge. Unfortunately the bluray transfer is a massive disappointment. It is immediately apparent that there is something very wrong with it and the quality in my opinion is actually worse than the DVD release. The image is certainly darker and there is a terrible grainy and unfocused feel to the movie. If you already have the DVD then don't waste your money on this release as you will see no improvement. I wish I had checked it when it was purchased as it would have been immediately returned.

Frontline Spot On Flea Drops Medium Dog 10-20kg 3Pk
Frontline Spot On Flea Drops Medium Dog 10-20kg 3Pk
Offered by apotheke_badneuschanz

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt bother the fleas at all!, 21 Mar. 2013
We have always used frontline on our dogs but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to work any more.
This is despite regular hoovering, washing their bedding and using indorex on the carpets and furniture.
The vet tells us that there is so much of it being used that fleas are slowly becoming resistant to it in the same way that super rats appeared.
They suggested something with a different active ingredient and after switching to advocate we have found this much more effective.

Geemarc CL100 Loud Big Button Corded Telephone- UK Version
Geemarc CL100 Loud Big Button Corded Telephone- UK Version

5.0 out of 5 stars Got hearing aids? Get this!, 4 Oct. 2010
My wife is profoundly deaf and relies on 2 hearing aids. She needed a new telephone at work to enable her to ring orders through etc which she can manage if the phone works with hearing aids and has enough amplification. After trying a few other phones with varying poor results (and Binatone phones with disastrous results!) we decided to give the Geemarc a go.
Wow! This phone is amazing and is easily the best one that my wife has tried. It works brilliantly with her aids and the tone control makes all the difference.
Definitely recommended and we will be buying another now to replace our home phone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 8:37 AM GMT

Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe
Halo Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to the Halo Universe
by Frank O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book for Halo fans, 24 Aug. 2010
If, like me, you have somebody in your household that loves Halo then BUY THIS BOOK!
We got it for my sons birthday as he is a massibve Halo fan and he hasn't put it down.
His friends read it when they come over and I have even gone through it myself.
We reckon that DK have sold at least half a dozen more copies due to him showing it to others.
Full of information, pictures etc this really is the definitive guide to all things Halo
and at the price you just cant go wrong. A beautiful book which comes highly recommended

York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Old Version)
York XC530 Elliptical/Cycle (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality piece of equipment, 19 May 2010
I received my XC530 this morning. Ordered this model as I wanted to buy a cross trainer but my wife wanted a cycle. This was the best of both worlds and whilst I expected a compromise I was surprised to find that this model works brilliantly as either so we will both be pleased.
The worst part was trying to get the box in the house on my own - this thing is heavy so best to open the box and take it piece by piece.
Layed out the pieces and the instructions. All the nuts and bolts are shrink wrapped to a piece of card with no's on it so you can't go wrong with them and the parts are clearly marked as left or right where necessary. The tools you need are also included which is a great touch. Instructions were very easy to follow and it took me a little over 1.5 hours to do it on my own. I could have done it quicker but I took my time with it and enjoyed putting it together.
All of the pieces were absolutely rock solid - very well made and fitted where they were meant to go without any problems. No forcing or fiddling was necessary at all.
Once up I tried it out. The tension knob works very well. Make sure this is set to the lowest setting when you first get on or you may have trouble getting the pedals to go in the right direction until you are used to them. At the lowest setting, however, everything is easy to work and you can get used to the motion, which is very smooth and not at all awkward. Even in cycle mode the pedal motion seems fine. At higher settings the tension is great and you can feel the difference at each notch setting to get exactly the workout you want. If you wish to sit then the seat is fully adjustable and can be moved up/down, forward/backward, and even angled to get it just right. The handlebars are easily moved up or down using a knob depending on whether you wish to sit or stand. Whilst sitting and not using the handles I did not find their movement off putting at all - if you wish to do this then just raise the handles to their standing position.
Overall a solid, quality piece of equipment which works brilliantly either as a cross trainer or cycle. Easily assembled and very impressive. So pleased that I didn't go for anything cheaper - this thing really is worth the money and if you register it your guarantee will be extended to 24 months.
Highly recommended - I'm over the moon with it and definitely made the right choice

Intex pool ladder suitable for 36in high swimming pools #58910
Intex pool ladder suitable for 36in high swimming pools #58910

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality strong product, 4 Aug. 2006
Having heard that Intex ladders were not very stable, I was slightly apprehensive about a purchase. Unfortunately there isn't much else out there for the price so I went ahead and ordered one. I was very pleasantly surprised with it. The build quality is excellent and I found it a very stable and easy to put together product.

Obviously there is some 'wobble', simply because the only place that both sides can be fastened is above the pool at the shortest span (where you can see bolts in the picture). All you need to do is gently pull the base of the ladder apart to its furthest point and it is then very stable and safe. The plastic steps simply slot into place and then plastic retaining pegs hold them there. This means that there are no protruding bolts to catch your feet on, and no metal fittings below the waterline.

The only thing I did for my own peace of mind was to fasten two small pieces of foam to the feet inside the pool with elastic bands - to prevent damaging the liner.

Highly recommended.