Profile for M. E. Newell > Reviews

Content by M. E. Newell

M. E. Newell (Georgia, United States)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Love Slave for Two: Family Matters [Love Slave for Two, Book 2] (Siren Menage Amour 71)
by Tymber Dalton

2.0 out of 5 stars So Boring I could not finished it, 15 Sept. 2013
As I said in my review of "Love Slave For Two" I made a big mistake in purchasing the second book before I read (and liked) the first book. Well I stated reading Love Slave For Two: Family Matters" by Tymber Dalton and I just could not fished reading. I just found characters uninteresting and boring, mainly Nevvie, who seemed like a crier and no backbone to her. Others may have enjoyed the series but it not for me. But I did learn a important lesson. Read the first book in a series before you buy the follow-up books!

Love Slave for Two [Love Slave for Two, Book 1]
Love Slave for Two [Love Slave for Two, Book 1]
by Tymber Dalton

2.0 out of 5 stars Long Winded and not very good, 14 Sept. 2013
I started reading "Love Slave for Two" by Tymber Dalton at the beginning of the Summer, since I found kind of boring and very long winded I set it a side for another books. Well I picked back up today just be able too finish it and get it off my bookshelf.
I found this book long winded. It felt that the author could have finished the story in less than the 400 plus pages. I have to admit that I bought the second book in the series "Love Slave for Two: Family Matters" before I finish the first book and I can say that I am sorry that I did that.

Nightshifted
Nightshifted
by Cassie Alexander
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars If I could do it over again I would not buy it, 14 Sept. 2013
Let me say right off the bat that I could do it over again I would not buy "NightShifted" by Cassie Alexander. I started reading this book and I kept wondering if this book was not the first book in the series. It seem that Ms. Alexander drops her reader in the crazy world were nurse Edie Spence is work section Y4 caring for vampires, zombies, and other paranormal patients.
This book to me was boring and uninteresting to the point that I could not finish it(and I type of reader that no matter what I will finish a book that I bought.) Some may like NightShifted but I am not one of them.

Contract Bride
Contract Bride
by Ayn Amorelli

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, uninteresting, and not worth your time, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Contract Bride (Paperback)
Bob McKnight has a real problem. In order to get 20 million dollars from his death Aunt he needs to get married and have a child within a year. This real a hard challenge for a playboy like Bob. Kayla Leigh is down to her last few dollars with she meets Bob and agrees to his terms. Married and have child for a year and then goes their own ways. But along the way they don't plan on falling in love.
"Contract Bride" by Ayn Amorelli was a boring and uninteresting book that is not worth your time. The characters were flat and unrealistic. I found myself flipping over pages, hoping the end would come soon. I can safely say, that "Contract Bride" will not be staying on my bookshelf.

Only a Mother Knows
Only a Mother Knows
by Annie Groves

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing story by a gifted writer who will be missed, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Only a Mother Knows (Paperback)
The women on Article Row has are continue to face the danger of wartime London. But now times are changing and with that so must Dulcie, Tilly, Sally, Agnes and Olive. But some of these changes will be for the good such as Tilly joining the ATS, Dulcie getting married and expecting a child. But something changes are not good Sally and Agnes may lose the ones that they love the most. But life and death is a part war and everyone might not the end of the war.
"Only A Mother Know" is from Annie Groves (Penny Halsall) who passed away in 2011. Ms. Groves was an amazing writer who was able bring rich and interesting characters to her readers. Any fan of wartime books would enjoy a book by Annie Groves and she will be truly missed by all of her fans.

Grounded: Volume 3 (Up In The Air)
Grounded: Volume 3 (Up In The Air)
by R.K. Lilley

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted it to be better than it was, 1 Sept. 2013
Okay, we are in the third book of the of "Up In The Air" Grounded and I wished that it had been better than it was. To me, Grounded was 373 pages too much. Don't get me wrong I love to read books that has passion and romance and danger, but in this book there seem to much of everything. Ms. Lilly seemed to drop the ball on the relationship between Bianca and her newly discover bother. While many have compared the "Up In The Air" series to Fifty Shades of Gray to me there are major differences. While I know that Fifty Shades will stay on my bookcase, at this point I don't think that "Up In The Air" series will.

In Flight: Volume 1 (Up In The Air)
In Flight: Volume 1 (Up In The Air)
by R. K. Lilley

4.0 out of 5 stars A good beginning, 25 Aug. 2013
When Flight Attendant Bianca Karrlson meets hotel billionaire James Cavendish there was a attraction. But Bianca comes from a past of pain and isn't looking for a relationship. But over time James is able to draw her into his BDSM world. But the past isn't going to stay there and they may not be able to escape it.
"In Flight (Up In The Air)is the first book by R.K Lilley in her three book series. While I did enjoy the book, it seem to save the emotional punch till the end and I have to admit that I there were times I had to force myself to keep going. But overall, "In Flight (Up In The Air) was a pretty good read.

Churchill's Angels (Churchills Angels 1)
Churchill's Angels (Churchills Angels 1)
by Ruby Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read and can't wait for the next book in the series, 18 Aug. 2013
Grace, Sally, and twins Daisy and Rose are growing up the town Dartford when war is declared. Grace goes off to be Land Girl, Sally is entertaining the troops, and Rose working in a munitions factory. This leave Daisy at home working in family's shop, but Daisy has bigger dreams. She want to fly. A chance meeting with flying ace Adair helps her to reach this dream.
"Churchill's Angel" by Ruby Jackson is a great book! Ms. Jackson give the reader great characters and excellent story line. Any fan of wartime books will truly enjoy this book!

A Wartime Nurse
A Wartime Nurse
by Maggie Hope

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good and not a keeper, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Wartime Nurse (Paperback)
Theda Wearmouth has succeeded where others has fail she has become a nurse. When war breaks out and her bother and fiancé are killed. Theda finds herself caring for prisoners of war. A long the way she meet Dr. Ken Collins, but the war and misunderstanding Theda finds herself raising their child alone. But fate still has something in store for both Theda and Ken.
"A Wartime Nurse" was the first book that I read by Maggie Hope and I am thinking it will be my last. The characters were flat and uninteresting. I had to force myself to continue on with this book. Others may have liked "A Wartime Nurse" but to me this is not a book that will be keeping.

LAST LIGHT (A Restoration Novel)
LAST LIGHT (A Restoration Novel)
by BLACKSTOCK TERRI

2.0 out of 5 stars A stuggle to finish, 10 Aug. 2013
Kay and Doug Branning are living the good life with their Children Beth, Jeff, Logan and Deni when for unknown reason everything electrical stops working. Planes are falling out the sky, cars stop working and the whole world is sent back into the dark ages. For the Branning family and their neighbors not will ever be the same.
I want to say right of the bat that I really wanted to like "Last Light" by Terri Blackstock. But I really didn't. I thought that Ms. Blackstock used to much stereotyping with her characters. The daughter who is a complete and total brat, but who I am sure by the series end will have a complete change in her character, the neighbors who just due to their race are accused of crimes. Others maybe a fan of this book but I am not

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30