Profile for Keri MZ > Reviews

The Beauty Detox Foods
The Beauty Detox Foods
by Kimberly Snyder

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, Evidence-Based Book, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Beauty Detox Foods (Paperback)
Well worth the information. Everything in this book is based on Kim's travels around the world, education as a nutritionist, and evidence.

It contains a lot helpful information about foods and their specific health benefits, how to prepare/cook/eat them to not lose the nutrients and optimize digestion.

I have made a lot of her recipes, and although they are all healthy, they aren't ALL always the tastiest. I think you need to take the valuable information you learn from Kim and then create your own applying those principles.

Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
Honestly Healthy: Eat with your body in mind, the alkaline way
by Natasha Corrett

1.0 out of 5 stars Not That Healthy, 12 Feb 2014
I just received this book and hope I can return it, as after flipping through the intro I found the authors recommend certain "healthy" foods that are anything but.

I was so excited when I ordered this book, as I recently read another book about alkaline eating and adopted a lot of the principles. However, many of the recipes in this book call for agave syrup, which is marketed as a healthy and natural, yet is ultimately a highly processed sweetener containing more fructose than high fructose corn syrup. There is typically 90% fructose in agave! High fructose usually contains 55% and we all know how awful that is! Soy products, like soy milk and tofu, are also referenced despite the negative effects they have on our health.

Sure, the recipes look great but I question the authors' credibility if they are telling readers to use the ingredients I discussed above.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2014 2:01 AM BST