Profile for Martin > Reviews

NordicTrack E14.0 Elliptical Cross Trainer
Offered by Fitness Superstore
Price: £1,499.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not brilliant!, 14 Aug 2014
Be careful if you book them to assemble it, they put a couple of things on back to front! The unit started creaking only after a couple of days.

Worse thing is the whole system is based on you paying a monthly subscription of 10USD otherwise you get very limited access to the onboard features - that I thought was terrible and if it wasn't such a big item would have sent it back.

So if anyone knows a way that I can flash the software and use a system that I don't have pay for I'd appreciate it - thank you

Jazooli Dual Twin USB Battery Charger Charging Pack for GoPro Camera HD Hero 3 3+ Black
Offered by Jazooli

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little unit!, 14 Aug 2014
Used this to charge up my two spare batteries for my Hero 3+ and it did it very quickly. It's surprisingly small so fits in my little Hero bag nicely. Highly recommended!

Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and well worth the money!, 25 Jun 2014
I had issues with The Snugg case just not sending my Nexus to sleep when the case was closed. They sent me out another one (Executive) but still had the same issue, they even blamed the device once. As soon as this arrived I fitted it in, was just as good quality as the Snugg (which was £35 compared to this under £10) and it sleeps as soon as I close the case and wakes it up when i open it, so no more flat battery when I go to use my tablet!

Excellent product!

GoPro Hero 3 Plus Camcorder - Black Edition
GoPro Hero 3 Plus Camcorder - Black Edition
Offered by CenturionSales

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazin!, 24 Jun 2014
I put this on the helmet mount by mistake but that was just as amazing too :)

If you're after a professional camera, this is it. I use it on my motorbike helmet and our recent trip to Spain seemed so much more special. You MUST check out all the features it has too, plus download their FREE studio application plus the mobile phone app.

GoPro HERO3 Side Mount
GoPro HERO3 Side Mount
Offered by sotel-germany

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, 24 Jun 2014

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god she goes on and on and on and on..........., 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
I have really tried reading this through, I also started reading it aloud to my wife but after a few chapters she said 'please stop! I can't take any more of her whingeing!' that's how bad it is.

I find myself skipping paragraphs of it now just to get to the end, she waffles on about such small things for many many lines when she could have written it in just one. I feel like she has padded out this book just to make it longer, I'm 72% of the way though and I'm really starting to not care about her! I'll give it another couple of chapters and if it carries on the same I'm deleting it.

Snugg Nexus 10 Leather Case - Flip Stand Cover with Elastic Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior - Automatically Wakes and Puts the Google Nexus 10 to Sleep 'Distressed' Brown)
Offered by TheSnugg

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible if you have a Nexus 10 tablet, 2 May 2014
So many times I go to my Nexus 10 and the battery is totally flat because the case hasn't out it in to sleep mode even though the cover is completely flat!! This is SO annoying as you can imagine and spoils this lovely case, what a shame Snugg manufacturers, I hope you get this sorted.

The chap at support did try and help by sending me another case (Executive) but still the same problem. This morning was the last straw, people came over to view my holiday photos and when I fetched my tablet....... NO POWER AGAIN! I'm sending them both and will try another manufacture.

To finish on a happy note, it seems to be fine for the iPad though.

Thanks for your help Ben at Support but this needs to be escalated as a known fault with the product, not the tablet.

Update: Just received Google Nexus 10 Tablet Case - G-HUB Black Carbon Fibre Print PropUp Stand Case Cover (with integrated stand function and magnetic sleep sensors) for Google / Samsung Nexus 10 with BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus and it's amazing! A fraction of the cost and does exactly what it's suppose to do, sleep the unit when I close the lid and wake it up when opened. No more flat battery now when I go to use it. And thanks for Amazon for taking the old one back and refunding the money - that's why I buy from this site.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2014 9:25 AM BST

Ricco P26 MINI DSP 2.0 CHANNEL Ultra Light Aluminium USB Portable Travel Powerful Speaker For Laptop Desktop MAC Computer Netbook ---(Built-in DSP USB Sound Card, NO messy 3.5mm audio line-in cable is required any more.) (Black)
Offered by Gadget Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Great style, solid build but..., 19 Aug 2012
Arrived quickly, very well made but could be a little heavy for the top of the screen as laptops are getting thinner and lighter.

My only biggest criticism is the quality of the sound. I find it very tinny, especially when playing music. It's a shame that there isn't any control to turn up the bass and down the treble, but then I suppose it's less than £20 and you need the range in the speakers for this.

So make sure your laptop can take a speaker on the top of it or use the cute stand it comes with :)

Cheers

Synology DS212+ 2 Bay NAS Enclosure
Synology DS212+ 2 Bay NAS Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!, 12 Jun 2012
First impressions - WOW!

Firstly, Amazon as usual delivered it in such a speedy time. I ordered it on Sunday morning and it was scheduled to be delivered on Monday!! I wasn't even ready and had to delay it :)

Anyway, on to the product. I wanted a 2Tb version with RAID1 (mirrored) as it is a rather expensive bit of kit. So I worked out it was about £45 pounds cheaper if I purchase the unit itself and the HDDs separately. I ended up buying 2 x Western Digital 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM - Caviar Green hard drives.

Installing and setting up is actually enjoyable to do, I want to do it again :) Whilst on it is SO quiet, you get the initial HDD activity then nothing, I had to put my ear to the unit in order to hear the slightest of noise.

The software setup side to it is so easy too. What I did and recommend is whilst you are waiting for your delivery, go to the Synology download centre and get all the relevant downloads from there They are newer and you don't need the CD. The server was up for 54 minutes from the initial switch on when I shut it down to move it in to it's permanent place, so that's how long it took to install EVERYTHING including the server operating system and format both 2Tb HDDs - and I was taking my time too.

I'm looking forward to copying over all my files from my old 500Gb external drive and play around with the iTunes server, iCloud (known as ezCloud) and much, much more - as happy as pig in pooh pooh me!!

Had never heard of this company before I did my research but now I will be keeping my eye on them. WELL WORTH THE EXTRA POUNDS!

Dead Island Trailer Theme (feat. Mairi Campbell, Peter Nicholson & Guido De Groot)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Beautiful, 18 July 2011
Crazy to think this was the soundtrack for such a gruesome trailer, I suppose that's what amplified the shock factor. But a lovely piece of music indeed.

Page: 1 | 2