Profile for The Purple Hermit > Reviews

Content by The Purple Hermit

The Purple Hermit "PH indicator 14." (Somewhere...beyond the sea...)

Page: 1 | 2
Minecraft (Computronic) - Maxi Poster - 61cm x 91.5cm
Minecraft (Computronic) - Maxi Poster - 61cm x 91.5cm
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome poster, 20 Jan 2014
It's a really nice quality shiny poster, very large, the colours are just like in the picture. I was hesitant buying this poster from here as I wasn't sure it would be worth the price. In the end I didn't buy it here, I got mine from HMV for less than 3 with some other minecraft posters and goodies so go buy things from HMV before they close down entirely, it's a lot cheaper. :P

Midnight Never Come
Midnight Never Come
by Marie Brennan
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 28 Aug 2008
This review is from: Midnight Never Come (Paperback)
I've read Elizabethan novels before, but none were quite as imaginative as this one. the caption 'A Great Light Casts a Great Shadow' is really good for the story. Invidiana is a great character. honestly. i have a weak spot for the almighty villains. The romance wasn't really elaborated on and we get ((***SPOILER ALERT***)) Henry's father lecturing him about getting a wife and suddenly he's snogging a woman. Anne Montrose is not properly introduced into the story, and I thought that that was a bit of a let-down. loved this book, though.

Glass Houses:  The Morganville Vampires Book 1
Glass Houses: The Morganville Vampires Book 1
by Rachel Caine
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars WHOA, 28 Aug 2008
I haven't read the weather warden series, being a vampire-novel addict, i went straight to the morganville section. I LOVE THEM.especially this one, which is probably my favourite out of all of them. some bits were a little random, and others just plain weird, but the book itself, as a whole, is brilliant. READ THIS BOOK!

Frostbite: Vampire Academy #2: Frostbite Bk. 2
Frostbite: Vampire Academy #2: Frostbite Bk. 2
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars so emotional, 28 Aug 2008
well, i thought the first one was good, but this just gets better. the second book has a kick-ass title which totally beats the title of the first book. and okay, i'm not an emotional person most of the time (apparently, i possess the emotional range of a teaspoon), but this book made even me cry. anyone who liked the first book will like this one too. can't wait for the third!

Vampire Academy
Vampire Academy
by Richelle Mead

5.0 out of 5 stars WOOOOP, 28 Aug 2008
This review is from: Vampire Academy (Paperback)
this book is AMAZING. the title is a little cheesy, and puts a 'lame' sticker on the book, but once you read it, the book is great. some of the characters are a little superficial. a great teenage read. i would know, being a teenager and all. i'd recommend this to all my friends. in fact, i have, and i've turned them all into vampire-novel junkies. this book is a favourite with all of them.

Blue Bloods (Blue Blood Novels)
Blue Bloods (Blue Blood Novels)
by Melissa de La Cruz

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative., 28 Aug 2008
I really enjoyed reading this book, and found the storyline was great. the mentions about silver bloods, blue bloods etc. confused me a bit, but it was all explained to me in the end (i think.). i thought that the new twist to vampires was good, considering the fact that de la Cruz managed to make them fit seamleassly into the Upper-East-Side lifestyle. Being a vamp-novel junkie, i'd say this was a good one. well, actually, i haven't found a vampire novel i don't like yet (except maybe Vampyre Legion be Alan Gibbons - that was a WEIRD book). this is going on my 'good books' list. :)

Tersias
Tersias
by G.P. Taylor
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Tersias, 3 Aug 2007
This review is from: Tersias (Paperback)
I really liked this book, it's sort of different to the stuff i usually read, cos i loooove epic fantasies and magic. Not london and comets. But it was really interesting. so read it!

Cat O'Nine Tails (Cat Royal)
Cat O'Nine Tails (Cat Royal)
by Julia Golding

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat-o' nine tails., 3 Aug 2007
I just bought this book yesterday, and I have already finished it! I stayed up until about 2 in the morning to finish it, it is soooooooo amazing! I can't wait fot the next one to come out. It is definitely the best in the series so far, though I haven't yet read 'cat among pigeons'...but i will soon. I'm practically busting a gut waiting for the 'chimeras' curse' to come out, because I just love Julia Golding's books sooooo much. Ah well. No fear. There shall be no spilt hydrochloric acid where I am concerned. Anyway, READ THIS BOOK!!! And then read the companions quartet, because they are really good books as well. A bit younger than the Cat Royal series, but the fourth one hasn't come out yet so we shall see. Get reading people!

The Named (Guardians of Time Trilogy)
The Named (Guardians of Time Trilogy)
by Marianne Curley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Named, 15 July 2007
I totally loved this book!! I picked up the trilogy to read during my summer holidays a couple of years ago, and was totally blown away. I've read all of Marrianne Curley's books, and I was very worried when I read about her illness, I hope she's okay. If you have read bad reviews about this book, don't acknowledge them, because this book is amazing, and it is written by a brilliant author.

Old Magic (Bloomsbury Paperback)
Old Magic (Bloomsbury Paperback)
by Marianne Curley

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Magic, 15 July 2007
I totally loved this book, but I think Curley could have made it a bit longer perhaps? More emphasis on the magic bit, maybe. The title and cover makes readers very expectant, but the text differs from the cover and title. I'm not saying it's a bad read, just an unsuitable title and cover.

Page: 1 | 2