Profile for Buddly > Reviews

The Bench
The Bench
by N G Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved this book, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Bench (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. Jacques is an old man and he and his old dog Buster live on the Isle of Wight and regularly visit a bench where Jacques remembers his life and the women he loved, and the pair share sandwiches. Buster is a character all by himself and made me laugh. Be prepared for the end, though, and get your tissues ready!

The Do-Over
The Do-Over

4.0 out of 5 stars Touching and funny, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Do-Over (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I really felt for Mara and how she wanted to escape her dull life. Parts of the book were hilarious and I frequently snorted aloud with laughter. I often find chick-lit a bit predictable, but I actually didn't know what would happen in this one. The only let-down for me was the end. I came to really like Mara and was a bit disappointed at the way things turned out for her. I couldn't help wondering if she'd be happy in the long term. Oh, and I think the book should have been called Abundance!

Artemis Fowl
Artemis Fowl

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Artemis Fowl (Kindle Edition)
I'm a forty-something and I really enjoyed this book. I laughed out loud in places, especially at the antics of the mud-eating dwarf!

SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)
SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chilling, 20 April 2014
I enjoyed this book and couldn't stop reading it. As other reviewers have said, I expected there to be snow outside when I looked up from the book! I found that all the snow-related deaths became a bit depressing after a while and I think it would have been better if there had been less of those and more of the main story.

Burgon & Ball Seed Storage Envelopes
Burgon & Ball Seed Storage Envelopes
Offered by General Stores Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 20 April 2014
These envelopes are made of sturdy card so are durable, but they're also attractive and nicely presented. A bit pricey for what you get but I got them as a gift so I don't mind.

Designer Ballpoint Pens - Pink White & Black Floral Style
Designer Ballpoint Pens - Pink White & Black Floral Style
Offered by Lna Namaa Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pens, 20 April 2014
The pens are very pretty but are let down by the cheap-looking packaging. I bought them as a gift and will take them out of the packet to wrap them. Overall though, they're very good value for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, 20 April 2014
I bought this as a gift so I haven't tried wearing it. I like that it's adjustable and folds up. It's light and so would be easy to pack in a case for holidays.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty journal, 20 April 2014
This journal is a bit thinner than I expected but it's pretty and nicely presented. I don't know what the inside pages are like as I bought it as a gift and it's tied together with string so I can't undo it to look without spoiling it.

Heathcote and Ivory Gardeners Hand Treats
Heathcote and Ivory Gardeners Hand Treats

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gardening gift, 20 April 2014
Very pretty packaging and the little plant markers and crayon are a cute touch. I bought this as a gift so I can't say what the quality of the products is like, but Heathcote and Ivory and generally very good. Overall good value.

Halcyon Rising
Halcyon Rising

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Halcyon Rising (Kindle Edition)
This is a quirky book, mixing together a bit of historical, fantasy and science fiction. I'm still not sure if the combination was a good thing or not! Anyway, I enjoyed it enough to put the sequel on my Amazon wish list.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10