Profile for D. Denson > Reviews

Content by D. Denson

D. Denson "Tired Mum" (NE, UK)

I Think the Nurses are Stealing My Clothes: The Very Best of Linda Smith
I Think the Nurses are Stealing My Clothes: The Very Best of Linda Smith
by Edited By Warren Lakin

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughing for hours, 10 Jan. 2008
Absolutely wonderful collection of Linda's work from her first stand-ups, through her radio sitcom scripts to amazingly funny bites from her the news quiz, Just a Minute and Have I Got News for You (amongst many other things). I was spluttering, absolutely exploding with laughter. The amazing finale is the transcript of a stand up she did in Sudbury.

Friends and people Linda worked with do intros to the chapters which are poignant and well placed. Amazing tribute to the funniest person we've had around for a long time.

Housewife Down
Housewife Down
by Alison Penton Harper

1.0 out of 5 stars Housewife... who cares?, 9 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Housewife Down (Paperback)
This was one of the worst stories ever. The author seems to be unable to carry a plot with a good few references never taken anywhere - e.g. soon to be dead husband says that his wife will find something out in a few days - we never do.

The author seems to think that the worst fate is to live in the lap of luxury with a horrible husband - but it's okay to wish another human dead, and be happy when he dies, and then spend disgusting amounts of money on designer gubbins to make yourself feel better.