Profile for MR PAUL D PRITCHARD > Reviews

Content by MR PAUL D PRIT...

MR PAUL D PRITCHARD

Russ Abbot's Madhouse
Russ Abbot's Madhouse
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Russ Abbot always entertains, 7 Feb 2014
This album is few years old now, but for us 40 somethings it brings back the memories.
An excellent album, well worth the money.

Rail Atlas Great Britain & Ireland 13th edition
Rail Atlas Great Britain & Ireland 13th edition
by S K Baker
Price: 12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent atlas, 20 Sep 2013
I have purchased this atlas about five times since it started being produced.
It gives me exactly the information I want without going into too much detail about track layouts around junctions etc.
The maps are up to date.
It also includes routes for projects in the pipeline, for example HS2.
Well worth the money.

Foyle's War - Series 7 [DVD]
Foyle's War - Series 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Kitchen
Price: 14.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael Kitchen doesn't change, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Foyle's War - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
I liked the original series very much. The setting of Hastings worked very well.
In this series Foyle spends it in London. He is just the same as he was before in his mannerisms etc.
For me I feel it has lost the 'homely' touch of being the big boss in a small town. The setting is different and the job is different too - although we still have Sam! Having said that, another series (which I will definitely buy if there is one) may be enough to win me over again.
Well worth the money I have to say.

Mad Dogs - Series 3 [DVD]
Mad Dogs - Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Beesley
Price: 6.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Having thoroughly enjoyed series 1 and series 2 I was looking forward to this one.
However.
It seemed that they just wanted to do a series 3 but really had no idea, or plot, on how to go about it. It is based in Cape Town, South Africa (where I live) and quite a bit of the city and surrounds can be seen. However, they have taken, rather loosely, some of the 'ideas' people have about South Africa and to an extent have blown them out of proportion. So in my eyes at least the whole thing was very poor. Added to that there are some very basic errors in procedure - I don't want to give specific details, so as not to spoil it for people who will watch it.
Overall it has put me off Mad Dogs completely and I probably won't purchase the next series - which I believe is the final one.

Paris Travel Guide
Paris Travel Guide
Price: 4.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you want to pack your bags and head for Paris, 20 July 2013
This guide reads like a letter written by a good friend. Packed with recommendations on what to do and see, and helpful suggestions to avoid wasting time, it is a user-friendly, practical guide to visiting Paris. I wish this kind of guide had been available when I first visited Paris twenty years ago. But I am thrilled that I have it now to prepare for my next trip to that beautiful city.The author's meticulous attention to detail and her breakdown of costs for tickets, restaurants and travel, make it possible to plan a holiday and decide on an itinerary that suits your pocket and the time you have available. The author's love of Paris is evident in her evocative descriptions of the city and invites you in to journey alongside her. I am ready to pack my bags. Bon Voyage!

Britains Lost Routes with Griff Rhys Jones [DVD]
Britains Lost Routes with Griff Rhys Jones [DVD]
Dvd ~ Griff Rhys Jones
Price: 8.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Love history, 8 Jun 2013
Griff brings history to life with his indulgent style of showing it to the viewer.
A fascinating insight into some of Britain's lost routes by land and sea.

Dalai Lama Renaissance [DVD]
Dalai Lama Renaissance [DVD]
Price: 20.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Language unclear, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Dalai Lama Renaissance [DVD] (DVD)
I have just received this DVD to find that it is in German and NOT English.
Another reviewer points this out - I sadly didn't read that one before I purchased!
Double check which version of this DVD you are purchasing.