Profile for Blandine M. Etienne > Reviews

Content by Blandine M. Et...

Blandine M. Etienne (United States)

Deviation [DVD]
Deviation [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Dyer
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Deviaton Is A Good Thriller, 14 Mar 2012
This review is from: Deviation [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed watching Deviation. The story, the acting, and the mood fit perfectly. Such a treat watching Danny Dyer play a different role. His performance as Franky reminds me of Brad Pitt's character in in Kalifornia: one minute charming & childlike but can turn violently angry the next. I had only seen Anna Watson in Hellboy 2 and as Amber, she was good in this movie as well.

The story is well written and utterly believable. This is not an action movie but a slow burning thriller. We are rooting for Amber throughout the whole film and during each scene we can imagine ourselves acting & reacting exactly the way she does. Just like the movies Red Eye, Cellular, and Phone Booth, the focus is on 2 characters in a nightmare situation and the hero/heroine is a regular person, so the audience is watching how someone realistically copes to save him/herself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 8:59 AM BST

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars 7Lives, 27 Oct 2011
Hi, I enjoyed 7Lives. Looks great, not like a low budget, 1st film. Loved the cast. I am only familiar with Danny Dyer, Kate Ashfield, and Martin Compston. I have seen the Doctor before but I can't place him just yet (I'll check IMDB). All of the other actors were good. I liked the story because it was smart and I couldn't predict what was going to happen, how refreshing. Some movies are unpredictable because the story doesn't make sense or too convoluted but that wasn't the case in this film.