Profile for Scrawny > Reviews

Content by Scrawny

Scrawny

Canon PIXMA MX925 All-In-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and Wi-Fi)

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MX925 All in on Printer, 29 April 2013
Received today to replace my MX885 which lasted less than 2 years but repair costs exceeded new printer cost. Decided to give Canon the benefit of the doubt re quality of their printer as I had been very happy with the MX885 and to buy another. Was told that that MX925 was a replacement for the MX885. Researched reviews and all were positive. However, have discovered what I consider to be a big issue with this printer if you print envelopes. You can only use the bottom tray for envelopes and this is the tray you also have to use for your A4 paper. So, every time you want to print an evelope, you have to empty the bottom tray of paper and then replace the tray with A4 paper after you have printed your envelope(s). Therefore, if you print out your envelopes regularly, I would suggest you look for another printer. If I had known this, I would not have purchased this printer.

Spiral - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Spiral - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust

5.0 out of 5 stars Great police drama, 24 May 2011
Didn't realize the series was in French and my heart dropped when I found out we'd have to watch with sub-titles. However, it wasn't long before we were also hooked (like so many other reviewers). We can't get enough of the series now. Great police drama and interesting insight into the French legal system.

Canon PIXMA MX885 All-In-One Colour Photo Print (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)
Canon PIXMA MX885 All-In-One Colour Photo Print (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 24 May 2011
Set up was all very straightforward; WiFi set up being particularly easy. Have connected a PC and a MacBook and both work very well. The automatic document feeder makes scanning and copying so effortless, with the duplex printing working equally as well. Quality of printing on paper is good; don't know about photos yet. Am very pleased with performance. A joy to use. Amazon's customer service was excellent, as always in my experience. First printer was damaged when it arrived; the feeder lid would not close. As usual, no quibble from Amazon, just straightforward efficiency in providing DHL collection and a replacement printer was sent the following day. The best price around at the time I bought it. Can't ask for more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2011 8:04 PM BST

Contigo® AUTOSEAL® Stainless Steel Travel Mug BLUE (Vacuum Insulated)
Contigo® AUTOSEAL® Stainless Steel Travel Mug BLUE (Vacuum Insulated)

5.0 out of 5 stars Leak/spill proof - Great, 24 May 2011
Have used the mug several times now, following a recommendation from my sister. It has been completely leak/spill proof. It retains the heat very well (I have to add cold water to my black coffee so I can drink it comfortably over the following 2 hours). I have literally thrown the mug onto my car seat and no leaks or accidents whatsoever. I am a great fan of dishwashers but to be honest don't feel the need to put the mug in there as all it needs is a good rinse out after being used. As other reviewers have mentioned, if you do want to put your mug in the dishwasher then you need to buy the silver coloured mug.

Parker ball pen refill BLUE twin pack medium
Parker ball pen refill BLUE twin pack medium
Offered by sec221

5.0 out of 5 stars As described and at a very competitive price, 24 May 2011
Would agree with the comments of the previous reviewer. My refills arrived as described, one has been fitted and writes very smoothly; haven't used the other yet. A very good price for one refill let alone two. Also, delivery was quick.

Duracell DL2032 - DURACELL BATTERY - DURACELL3V ELECTRONICS (1 PACK)
Duracell DL2032 - DURACELL BATTERY - DURACELL3V ELECTRONICS (1 PACK)
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 4 May 2011
Batteries arrived in individual packs which is very convenient. Excellent value for money and very good expiry dates (2019). Would purchase from this seller again.