Profile for radioham > Reviews

radioham

Cassette to CD and MP3
Cassette to CD and MP3
Offered by Digitope

3.0 out of 5 stars good value + it works but complicated instructions, 19 Jan 2011
glad I got the item at a reduced rate in Amazon.
I'm not very good at dealing with new technology, but am pleased to be able to get my cassette music onto the pc with this software. But gaps between tracks seem to only be recognised on the pc through this software when I'm using a cassette of songs thats been previously made up ie a greatest hits compilation for example. The problem though is with cassettes that I put together myself years ago where there is hardly any gap between the tracks. When I put this type of cassette on the pc the gaps were overall not recognised by the software on the pc and the major problem for me is understanding how to create the gaps on the pc using the software - this bit is all too complicated and there's not enough simple, clear, straightforward instructions for the not-technology-minded, so I am now at a loss and can only think I'll have to record one track at a time from this cassette onto the pc instead of recording the whole side of the cassette in one go. A bit of a nuisance but then again there should be better and more fuller instructions available, which there aren't, and there isn't a telephone helpline in the UK for this software which is a pity because if there were the problem may be a lot easier to tackle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2011 4:13 PM GMT