Profile for finkel82 > Reviews

Content by finkel82

finkel82 "finkel82"

Kinect Sports: Season 2 - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Kinect Sports: Season 2 - Kinect Required (Xbox 360)
Offered by bid2win-ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A great update to the original, 31 Oct. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The original Kinect Sports had some good and some bad events - to be expected of course - and a lot of this will boil down to personal preference. The same can be said for this version but it's clear from the outset that this is a much more polished game.

I liked the inclusion of Track and Field in the first game as this increased the number of playable events. There's nothing like that in this game but the 6 included sports do seem to work well on their own (although I didn't like the controls of American Football).

There does seem to be a time lag with Baseball but once you make allowances for this it plays well - in fact all of the events do. As with most Kinect titles (especially the minigame ones) it works best as a multiplayer game but I've played it solo and still enjoy it.

Although i haven't used it yet, the ability to challenge your friends sounds good - just send them a challenge and they can play it the next time they're online, a little tweak to multiplayer per se.

I absolutely loved the voice controls. I used voice to steer through all the menus and within the game, not using gestures for anything other than picking up a racket or ball.

Excellent game from an excellent series and I look forward to Season 3 - how about swimming next time!

Game Party - In Motion (Xbox 360)
Game Party - In Motion (Xbox 360)

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoils the Kinect name!, 21 Dec. 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game after playing the great Adventures and Kinect Sports which both have great tracking and good gameplay and I had high hopes for this party style game.

I didn't even get through all of the events as the frustration was too great - especially the air hockey, the tracking was terrible! So much so that I put it back up for same the same day.

Do not think this game is reflective of the Kinect sensor because it isn't!

The Conscious Universe
The Conscious Universe
by Dean Radin

5.0 out of 5 stars An upstanding piece of scientific literature!, 20 July 2003
This review is from: The Conscious Universe (Hardcover)
I have long been interested in the realm of Parapsychology and the seeming ability of some individuals to perform acts which mainstream science deems "impossible". This passing interest increased at school after discovering Albert Einstein actually belived in the human ability of Extra Sensory Perception highlighting that humans use only a small percentage of our brains. This interest has remained and I have chosen to carry out my final year project of my degree into telepathy.
I bought this bookfor background research and I think I must have stumbled across a goldmine. Not only does it cover telepathy but also all the other Psi phenomena and it does so in a systematic and informative manner. It describes each area and explains the studies and methods used to test each ability. The results are clearly shown and Radin does not attempt to convince you of its existence, merely to show you the facts. The references section is a godsend especially for me as it has enabled me to consolodate my research. Not only does the book cover the Psi phenomena, it also looks into it's implications which was an added bonus. The book is well written and was so interesting I've read not only the sections on telepathy but the whole book!