Profile for Flindersman > Reviews

Content by Flindersman

Flindersman

Komputerbay 4GB 2X 2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6300 PC2-6400 DDR2 800 (240 PIN) DIMM Desktop Memory
Offered by KOMPBAY
Price: 38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No fuss, no problem, 13 Feb 2013
I needed to increase the memory on my XP PC. This was brought about by the motherboard having a problem on the slot for one of the original DIMM's and as I now only have three slots working I needed to match the maximum required over the remaining slots. The description of this item was so helpful as it exactly matched what my PC documentation said I had on board but with greater capacity and when I installed these two cards in place of the three remaining originals and booted up the PC saw them immediately and gave the maximum memory reading that XP can use. They have been working with no problems ever since (about a month).

Precision 4 Day Forecast Weather Station Clock AP038
Precision 4 Day Forecast Weather Station Clock AP038
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Why is it so dull, 15 Oct 2011
I read the only review available which warned it was difficult to see in bright light. It's not difficult it's almost impossible. What a shame because otherwise it is a good piece of kit. I have had to put it in the darkest corner I could find so it can be read. Do not buy it thinking it will be ok on a desk or in the open because it won't be. Only other moan is that no mac address is given on the unit to be connected to to your router so if you are controlling connections you have to disable your mac address control until it appears on the list then add it and then reset the control. Possible but a needless inconvenience.

Sony DSCH55B Cyber-shot Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony DSCH55B, 10 Aug 2010
I am very happy indeed with this camera. It replaces a fairly old Minolta 6 Mp so the quality of this 14.1 Mp is a major improvement as you might expect. The software (PMB) included is really good and manages all of my previous picture files as well as the importation to my computer of any that I take with this camera. My only gripe is that for some reason Sony do not give a function on the camera to print on the images the date or number. This can only be done by the software once it is imported onto the computer. It does it very well but for me it is annoying that the camera doesn't do it and therefore I have to waste time adding it to every image separately. Anyhow, it remains a fine and easy to use camera and I am happy to endorse it.