Profile for Amanda Baker > Reviews

Content by Amanda Baker

Amanda Baker

Asus PA248Q 24.1-inch Widescreen IPS Monitor (1920x1200, 6ms, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, Pivot, Adjustable Height, True Color)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good screen for the price - with its drawbacks, 4 April 2013
Did a lot of research into comparable monitors at the same size. I use the screen as an illustrator and so I wanted the calibration to be as close as possible to the printed outcome. Through practice it is very close if not perfect in that respect. Being an IPS panel, and with a quite aggresive anti-glare coating I feel that the greys flicker sometimes and that the contrast is lost if not directly in front of the screen.

I bought an IPS panel as I was told of the awesomne contrast and viewing angles, however, I feel that this is lost if you aren't sitting directly in front. The colours are vivid and sharp but it does seem to all blend into a bluey grey once you move 30 degrees in any direction from in front. I also had to replace the screen as I suffered bad back light bleeding from the top right and bottom left. The replacement model suffered none of this and after some research it seems that it is hit and miss as to whether your screen will be affected.

To conclude, the issues suffered by the screen are made up for by extremely good connectivity and adjustment options. It also does as it says on the box as a brilliantly colour calibrated screen in terms of print. The price is a guide of what you are going to get - performance that rivals this is probably going to cost double. If you are anything like me, then you pour over hours of reviews and opinions before you decide and then sepnd a week after the purchase searching for faults. Perfection will not be achieved at this price, but you will get a great product for what you pay for.