Profile for Hergest > Reviews

Content by Hergest

Hergest (Herefordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
TOETOE SOCKS Classic Ankle/Mid-Calf Unisex Cotton - Essential (UK4-11, Yellow)
TOETOE SOCKS Classic Ankle/Mid-Calf Unisex Cotton - Essential (UK4-11, Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab socks, 24 May 2014
These are just fabulous - it looks like someone spray-painted your feet yellow! They are extremely comfy socks too, quite easy to put on once you get the knack of it.

Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 42223 Pressurised Steam Generator Ceramic Soleplate - Plum/Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well-designed, 12 May 2014
Bought one at the beginning of April, but have returned it: as well as generating steam, it also spat out huge quantities of hot water - drenching both my ironing board and the item I was ironing - not helpful. To add insult to injury, MR says it does this in the manual! It also told me it needed de-scaling (a complex job) after just one month... Come on Morphy, you can do better than this.

Liquid Mind IV: Unity
Liquid Mind IV: Unity

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully relaxing, 28 Jan. 2014
Great for those quiet moments in a evening (if, like me you don't have a television) or for going to sleep to. Extremely relaxing.

Spanish Music of the Age of Discovery
Spanish Music of the Age of Discovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely CDs, 28 Jan. 2014
I was hearing so many tracks off this album on Ancient.fm that I just had to buy the whole thing. Not dissappopinted. The performances are excellent and it's a great choice of music.

Ein Opernabend mit Hanne-Lore Kuhse
Ein Opernabend mit Hanne-Lore Kuhse

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab singing, 28 Jan. 2014
Tremendous singing from the 1960s and 1970s - when such Wagner singing was at its best (think Bitgitt Nilsen). The sound quality is excellent and the performances just amazing. I love it!

TeckNet® In Car Universal FM Transmitter
TeckNet® In Car Universal FM Transmitter
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, 28 Jan. 2014
In principle this is a good little device - and it DOES work. However, it picks up interference from the dashboard in my car, so there is a constant background noise in use, so I don't really use it.
I don't know hoe one checks for such interference before buying, but if you can, do!

2 X Air Purifier and Ioniser Silver / Black - (TWIN PACK)
2 X Air Purifier and Ioniser Silver / Black - (TWIN PACK)
Offered by Zoozio Tv

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little machine., 9 Jan. 2014
I bought two of these and quite like them. They operate quite quietly on the basic setting (sort of a quiet hiss). One could probably sleep through it, but I've not tried that yet. They seem to somehow 'sharpen' the air, which is good.

BLOCK - Tall Sleek CD DVD Media Storage Tower Shelves - Oak
BLOCK - Tall Sleek CD DVD Media Storage Tower Shelves - Oak
Offered by Watsons on the Web

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent unit, 9 Jan. 2014
This is a self-assembly unit, but easy enough to put together. Having done it single-handed, I can say it WOULD be easier with two!
It arrived incredibly quickly and looks good. It holds masses of CDs - around 360 I reckon. Am very pleased with it.

The Pillars of the Earth
The Pillars of the Earth
by Ken Follett

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious read, 22 Nov. 2012
I am really struggling with this book. I'm about a quarter of the way through and altho the story has potential, I just can't relate to the characters - they are so two-dimensional, especially Tom the builder.
I'd have stopped ages ago, but I was given the book by a friend and so feel I have to plough on a bit more. Blah!

Vax U89-P9-P Power 9 Pet  Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U89-P9-P Power 9 Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

2.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly noisy machine, 17 July 2012
I spent quite a time looking at the specs of various vacuum cleaners and this one is pretty good at lifting dirt from the carpet.
BUT a) it is the noisiest cleaner I have ever had the misfortune of owning and b) it's a faff to empty out the dust chamber: yes, there's just a button to press to empty the main chamber but, if you have pets (I have one short-haired cat) you have to also dismantle two other bits to clear the dust out of them. An unecessary fiddle in my view.
Oh and the little suction-powered whizzy brush packed up the second time I used it...
I shall be getting myself another cleaner.

Page: 1 | 2