Profile for C. Allen > Reviews

Content by C. Allen

C. Allen (Auckland, New Zealand)

Animals A Children's Encyclopedia (Visual Encyclopedia)
Animals A Children's Encyclopedia (Visual Encyclopedia)
by Dk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Animal book for all ages, 25 Oct. 2011
We brought this book for our son when he was only 1 year old and he loved it. We would point out the animals and read the information to him. Now he is older he just takes it off the shelf and flicks through it pointing out all the animals himself. This book is a must for teaching children the animals of the world. It is well laid out and has very bright good photos of all the animals. Another good information book from Dorling Kindersley.

Octopus Socktopus
Octopus Socktopus
by Nick Sharratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment for long journeys, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Octopus Socktopus (Paperback)
This book is fantastic. I bought it along with two of his other books to take with me on a long haul flight. My 13 moth old son just loved it. He played with it for ages and every time we put it away he pointed at it again. He particularly enjoyed the cuckoo Clocktopus and toffee Choctopus, spending ages pulling and opening the flaps. He also enjoyed the Eight - wheeled octobus, needless to say some of the wheels are now gone with the constant use. I would highly recommend this book to anyone with young children, the bright colours and lots of different things to do on each page will keep them amused for ages.

Babyshapes: Books 1-4
Babyshapes: Books 1-4
by Helen Dorman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Books, 7 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Babyshapes: Books 1-4 (Paperback)
These books are fantastic. My 12 week old son loves them and it is great to see the reaction on his face when we reach his favourite page. I would recommend these books to anyone with a baby.

Favourite Recipes from the Kitchen Garden
Favourite Recipes from the Kitchen Garden
by Helen Allingham

4.0 out of 5 stars great Old fashioned recipes, 18 Nov. 2008
I love this book, the recipes are easy to make. The ingredients used is all in the larder nothing special is needed.
The recipes themselves are really tasty and make sufficient for leftovers.