Profile for F. Quinn > Reviews

Content by F. Quinn

F. Quinn "fergusq" (Leitrim, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stochastic Calculus for Finance (Mastering Mathematical Finance)
Stochastic Calculus for Finance (Mastering Mathematical Finance)
by Marek Capinski
Price: 21.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Presentation of Stochastic Calculus, 14 Feb 2014
As one might expect from the authors, this is an excellent presentation of the subject. This is a rigorous mathematical treatment which will benefit those who wish to understand more fully this incredibly fascinating subject. Of use to both practitioners and students.

Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
by Delia Smith
Price: 13.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful., 28 Aug 2013
Dear Delia,

Please don't think of or be persuaded by a publisher ever to do something, anything, like this again. Keep giving us books like the How to Cook series (you taught me!), Christmas (I look forward to Christmas every year just to use it), and Cakes.Delia's Complete How To Cook: Both a guide for beginners and a tried & tested recipe collection for lifeDelia's Happy ChristmasDelia's Cakes

How to Grow More Vegetables, Eighth Edition: (And Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops) Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You ... (And Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains,)
by John Jeavons
Price: 15.30

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a reprint than a new edition., 23 Jun 2013
I am, and have been for more than 20 years, a big fan of the work that John Jeavons and hos team undertake in Northern California and around the world. I own a number of editions of this book in various languages but have begun to feel lately that I'm being taken for a ride as the later editions do not vary significantly from those earlier ones. I think the next edition should not be published until there has been a lot more material added or revised otherwise just keep reprinting the 8th edition.

Build Your Own Off-road Buggy
Build Your Own Off-road Buggy
by Ron Champion

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Build Your Own Buggy Book, 31 July 2012
I am and always have been a fan of the Haynes Car Manual series. I've had one now for every car I've owned. My son was very interested in this book as he's very interested in cars but still too young to drive one. There are a number of reasons why anyone should think very hard about before purchasing this book. The first is the surprise they'll get on learning that they need to become proficient welders and will need a welding kit, never mind the tanks of oxygen etc. The second is that a working motorbike is essential for the engine and other parts. Thirdly and finaly, the array of tools needed won't be found even in some professional mechanic's workshop. There is just no way on earth that this buggy can be built under normal circumstances for the money mentioned. Great shame - Haynes, you need to do much better than this.

Dell No. KX701 Inkjet Cartridge Standard Black Ref 592-10278
Dell No. KX701 Inkjet Cartridge Standard Black Ref 592-10278
Price: 15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, 3 Jun 2010
If my 'high' capacity cartridge is anything to go by, the standard one will be even worse. The little software tool for my 948 tells me I have 25 pages less to print every time I print a very normal B&W page. Nothing fancy you understand, just boring little letters. The problem is that if the printer 'thinks' there's no ink, then there's no ink regardless of the state of the cartridge. I've raised the issue with Dell but they're in no particular hurry to get back to me. Will probably blame the printer anyway hoping that it's out of warranty. It just occurs to me that they might be trying to pull a fast one here. Avoid their printers is all I can say.

Dell 948 Std Bk Ink Kx701 [Office Product]
Dell 948 Std Bk Ink Kx701 [Office Product]
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: 27.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Where'd the ink go?, 2 April 2010
I really like my Dell 948 but I've begun to notice an odd thing. I very rarely print in colour but my 948 tells me that my expensive colour cartridge is just as empty as my slightly less expensive black cartridge. How can that be I ask myself? Where is all the color ink going if I'm only printing in B&W? I've just had to replace them both to enable my continued use of the 948 printer but the weight of the 'empty' colour cartridge appears to me to weigh exactly the same as the full replacement. Both cartridges seem to empty very quickly too. Be warned if you're considering purchasing the 948 from Dell.

Dell No. JP451 Inkjet Cartridge High Yield Black Ref 592-10275
Dell No. JP451 Inkjet Cartridge High Yield Black Ref 592-10275
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Where did the ink go?, 2 April 2010

Dell No. JP453 Inkjet Cartridge High Yield Colour Ref 592-10276
Dell No. JP453 Inkjet Cartridge High Yield Colour Ref 592-10276
Price: 18.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Where did the colour ink go?, 2 April 2010

Ultimate Burlesque: 30 Erotic Short Stories: 1 (Ultimate Xcite)
Ultimate Burlesque: 30 Erotic Short Stories: 1 (Ultimate Xcite)
by Alyson Fixter
Price: 5.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sexy book., 11 Mar 2010
If you are looking for a little light erotic but really don't want to have to wade through page after page of very ordinary goings on to get to the juicy bits, then this book (and indeed any of the other in the Xcite series) is perfect. Thirty short tales that I guarantee will arouse and excite.

Only Fools and Horses - If They Could See Us Now [1981] [DVD]
Only Fools and Horses - If They Could See Us Now [1981] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Jason
Price: 5.79

4.0 out of 5 stars They're back again., 27 Jan 2010
Part of me really still wishes that they'd left them alone but given that they didn't, it's a good effort all round and a very enjoyable episode of OFAH.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3