Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Profile for Robbert Jan van M. > Reviews

Content by Robbert Jan van M.

Robbert Jan van M. (Netherlands)

Chineasy: The New Way to Read Chinese
Chineasy: The New Way to Read Chinese
by ShaoLan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting approach to learning about Chinese characters, 19 Jun. 2014
I chose this book because I read a favourable review in the newspaper and because I am very interested in the Chinese characters, primarily because the Japanese language also uses these - and I have been studying that language part time. The book is very fresh and original and I like the way it is designed.

Ricoh Theta Point and Shoot Digital Camera
Ricoh Theta Point and Shoot Digital Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a unique camera which I enjoy using, especially in crowded places, e.g. the Christmas Market, 25 Dec. 2013
The camera works fine, it is unique in capturing the atmosphere of a meeting or visit very well and very easily. Image quality is largely dependent on the amount of light available, I find it handles contrasts quite well.

TI-Nspire For Dummies
TI-Nspire For Dummies
by Jeff McCalla

4.0 out of 5 stars TI-Nspire for Dummies is "The Missing Manual", 19 Jun. 2012
This review is from: TI-Nspire For Dummies (Paperback)
I really like the fact that this book leads you step by step through actual use cases for the Nspire calculator(s). Maybe some cases are rather basic, but overall this is a very complete attempt at something between a manual and a tutorial. Highly recommended.

Office for Mac Home and Business Multi-Pack Edition 2011 (Mac)
Office for Mac Home and Business Multi-Pack Edition 2011 (Mac)
Offered by Barcleys

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I upgraded to 2011, 12 Dec. 2010
Office 2011 is a great upgrade and works as advertised. I especially like the way I still know my way around the menus and functions, because as Mac users we seem to have the best of both worlds: the menu bar is more or less unchanged, while the ribbon is a welcome addition for navigating more logically.

Coders at Work: Reflections on the Craft of Programming
Coders at Work: Reflections on the Craft of Programming
by P Seibel

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating look into what makes these software pioneers tick, 6 Dec. 2009
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, especially the parts where people like Donald Knuth tell of their learning processes, how they came to think about the profession and how they cope with the intellectual challenges of this line of work. It will probably also mean that I will pick up some programming for fun again. This book will interest anyone who has ever programmed professionally and should also be on the reading list of people trying to manage software projects or even companies, to understand what a great profession software development is.