Profile for Duncan Willis > Reviews

Content by Duncan Willis

Duncan Willis "Supermarionette" (Whiteley, England)

Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross

1.0 out of 5 stars I have owned my 20" Box Canvas Print of Paul ..., 9 May 2016
This review is from: Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
I have owned my 20" Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross for several years now. Somehow, no room in my home seemed quite large enough to accommodate the incomparable awesomeness that is radiated by this magnificent image in all its 20" of high definition greatness. So I put it in the loft, where it has remained untouched since new.

Imagine my shock, horror and indeed terror the other day when I ventured into said loft to seek out the receipt and guarantee for a Teasmade that I had purchased in 1973 which has broken-down after only 43 years of VERY LIGHT use and the Maglight torch - which I had gaffer-taped to the top of my head - penetrated the gloom, illuminating the now HIDEOUS countenance seemingly oozing from my previously GORGEOUS 20" Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross.

What had once been the image of a man in the full bloom of youth, virile, attractive (to both the fair, and the not-so-fair sex if I may make so bold even in this age of open-mindedness and understanding of such matters), had now transformed into the portrait of a ghastly, bloated fiend, His once-fine features ravaged by debauchery, indulgence and excess, radiating menace and loathsome decay, whilst at the same time serving as a dire warning to any who might be tempted to stray down the path of hedonism.

Thank goodness that unlike my 20" Box Canvas Print, the real Paul Ross has retained his fresh, untainted youthful looks.

Space Precinct - Unmasked
Space Precinct - Unmasked
by Richard James

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to Live with Latex..., 6 Oct. 2014
Richard James is a successful actor, an accomplished playwright, and now he has written a book. Is there anything that this man cannot do?

The grounded warmth and natural humour of the author shine through in this book, which lifts the lid off the "glamorous" world of television and film-making, and tells the story of Supermarionation legend Gerry Anderson's final foray into making a huge budget live-action science fiction television series.

Even if you're not a fan of the series, I commend you to buy this book - it is funny, insightful, modest, and well worth the asking price. ENJOY!

Long Shot
Long Shot

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced and Engrossing., 6 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Long Shot (Kindle Edition)
Shane Rimmer's new novel grips right from the start. I urge you to check out the "Look Inside" taster of the introduction and beginning of the first chapter - I did and I was instantly hooked!

Shane's economical and clear writing style take you straight into an exciting story that zips along at the pace of an assassin's bullet.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!