ARRAY(0xabdacca8)

Profile for A. van de Vyver > Reviews

Content by A. van de Vyver

A. van de Vyver (London, UK)

Eco Vessel "Boulder" - Triple Insulated Vacuum Sealed Stainless Steel Water Bottle with Screw Top (750ml) - Black Shadow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Sep 2012
I bought this water bottle for my climb up Kilimanjaro. Good size at 750ml to complement my 3L water bladder. Mainly got this as bladders freeze at altitude on summit night. The bottle never froze (the bladder did!)...so 100% thumbs up from me.

Gel Case For iPhone 4/4S - Black
Gel Case For iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by Innovative Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars steal for the price, 12 Nov 2011
Fits perfectly, arrives quickly. Cant believe you can get an iphone cover for this price. In fact, looking at the price listed now it just halved in price, and I thought I paid next to nothing!

Energizer CR123 Photo Lithium 3v (Twin Pack)
Energizer CR123 Photo Lithium 3v (Twin Pack)
Offered by Diamond Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you...difficult to source anywhere else!, 18 July 2011
Thansk so much to the seller. I needed these batteries for my underwater diving torch, and really struggled to find them anywhere else. The few places that did bother to stock them had crazy prices. Arrived quickly, and fitted perfectly.

Kolay® The New iPad 3 Advance Multi-Function Flip Cover Leather Stand Case - Black (2012 Latest Generation)
Offered by Ezdaily

1.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as per picture, 6 July 2011
To be honest cover is fine. For the price I can't imagine anyone expects much, you get what you pay for.

The 1 * is because the picture used isn't the actual product. Small differences...White stitching...volume buttons on the top right side don't have that much space. Simple thing to get he right picture, isn't it?

Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower - Black
Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars its bigger than I thought...but I like it nonetheless, 10 April 2010
the facts were all in front of me, 6.1cm x 6.1cm x 19cm, but I kept looking at the picture thinking "it cant be that big".....it is!! Ideally I wanted something half the size, as this one is just too big to justify carrying around, especially if you also have the micro fibre lens cloth and the lens cleaning pen. It works well though and I have decided to keep it as to be honest there isnt a smaller one out there in this price range.

Hama Lens Cleaning Pen
Hama Lens Cleaning Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars handy cleaner, 10 April 2010
This review is from: Hama Lens Cleaning Pen (Accessory)
i read all the other reviews and it seemed like a good buy...didnt disappoint...very useful, especially the retractable brush which is gold dust

Spudz SPBK01 6x6 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black
Spudz SPBK01 6x6 Micro Fibre Lens Cloth In Pouch -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars tiny pouch...very handy, 10 April 2010
the pouch is tiny, and the little cloth is probably the perfect size to clean a lens smudge, very useful and relatively cheap

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic camera, 26 Aug 2008
I ordered through Amazon as they had the best price at the time, took a little longer than expected to arrive, over 2 weeks.

I had upgraded from a Sony Cybershot 7.2MP. Well you cant even compare the two. From only ever owning a point and shoot camera I now do not believe I could ever use anything but a dslr again.

The camera came with the 18-55mm canon lens, and the normal included accessories. This did not include a pouch, so I ordered the canon semi hard case EH19 L from 7dayshop for £27.99. Expensive but quality product. The only problem you might find is that the case fits the camera only with the 18-55mm lens, and so when I am using the 55-250mm lens I need to change the lens before I pack it away. Minor issue for me.

Ordered the Kingston Technology 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity Class4 Card - gets over 600 photos on a good quality setting (not RAW).

Having read all the other feedback I also ordered the 55-250mm canon lens through Amazon. Not being a pro photographer I can only give a layman's view - the 18-55 is great for normal shots, but useless for zooming. The 55-250mm is a telephoto lens, and the photos are magnificent. I tested it on numerous occasions eg day at Lords watching cricket, and the 55-250mm adds a whole new dimension to what you can take pictures of. Taking pics one after the other, and switching between the two lens', highlights how you cant really do with one or the other, you need both. I read some comments about buying the camera body only, and then not getting the 18-55mm and ordering other types, but my maths told me that the incremental cost to get the offered package meant I was only really paying in about £45 more to get the lens than just the body. You cant get any lens for that price. If you want a specific lens for your individual circumstance and you have more money to spend - go for it. If you arent really sure and were only going to do it because others recommended it, think again.

The extra lens doesnt come with a pouch either - I ordered a lowepro 1N through 7dayshop for £10. Fits perfectly, I had read that I should get the 1W - no good - its too big. I know lots of people order special backpacks for their cameras - this didnt suit me - I want to be able to pack my camera away, not carry a whole bag just for the camera.

Back to the camera - I am learning all types of new things. There are different pre-set modes that cover most scenarios, but as you read through the extensive manual you slowly learn more advanced techniques and begin to use the manual mode where you make your own decisions for the different settings. I have a long way to go, but anyone can see what a huge difference the camera has made to the quality of photos I am now taking. I honestly am not able to provide any info on flaws or problems because I havent come across any.

This camera is great quality, there are good accessories available, the photo's are stunning, and with the determination to learn how to use all the features you will increase your photography knowledge by a huge amount. Highly recommended.