Profile for Ms. C. M. Hough > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. M. Hough

Ms. C. M. Hough "ziggy1234" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Machine (2014)
The Machine (2014)
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Boring Boring, 14 May 2014
This Movie was really mediocre. I would not recommend... I was glad when the end came. The story was not even unique, the acting was ok. I just didnt like it.

Humax DTR-T1010 1TB (1000GB) YouView HD TV Recorder with Freeview
Humax DTR-T1010 1TB (1000GB) YouView HD TV Recorder with Freeview

1.0 out of 5 stars Starts off Brilliant... Then comes the quick plummet... More software crashes than microsoft., 22 April 2014
When you first receive your Youview box you might be amazed at the brilliant streaming of all the iplayers and the grouping of recordings and loads of other brilliant features. And you probably come to amazon and give a raving review.

However, after months of problems (having to turn off turn on) unplug and replugging and continued failed recordings, it finally gave up the ghost. When we contacted John Lewis they didnt even argue they were aware of the problems and we received an updated replacement within a fortnight. We have had this one about 2 months and the exact same problem. So we are going to get our money back and buy something more dependable.

Look at all the other one star reviews, they all have the same problems or type in "Youview troubleshooting" and see the problems people are facing. Cant express how bad this box is. We paid £299 pounds for ours and it would probably been cheaper to sign up with Sky for a year.

Badge of Fury
Badge of Fury
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars There is no indication in the trailer or the write up that this is in chinese with subtitles, 22 April 2014
Really disapointed.... My 23 year old nephew with special needs loves action movies. We watched the trailer and read the blurb and decided we would watch this on amazon prime video streaming at a cost of £3.50.

It was in chinese with subtitles which my nephew cannot read. Nowhere in the trailer or the write-up did it indicate that it was a foreign language movie. Trying to find out how to get our money back if anyone knows how would be grateful

I Spy
I Spy

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Pulp Song., 11 April 2014
This review is from: I Spy (MP3 Download)
I am a huge Pulp and JC Fan. Definately the best Band to come out of the 90's. This is a brilliant song about revenge done with style by the 'lower classes'. My favourite parks are car parks, grass is something you smoke, birds are something you shag, take your year in provance and shove it up your ****

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy (Lewis Trilogy 1)
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy (Lewis Trilogy 1)
by Peter May

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 25 Mar. 2014
When you have read almost every crime book on offer it is sometimes difficult to find a new author or read a find a story with a unique style or something you havent read before. This book delivers on all levels. I completely enjoyed this story and will seek out his other books.

LeapFrog LeapPad2 Learning Tablet (Green)
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Learning Tablet (Green)
Offered by swordstrand

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Educational Fun but there is a time limit, 23 Oct. 2013
If your child is age 3-5 then I would highly recommend this toy. The educational games are brilliant, whether its for maths, english, spelling, creativity and geography. However this toy has one fatal floor. It does not grow with them. The games available are for an age maximum of 7. So my daughter has spent £100 pounds on the toy and more on the games but now at age 7 she has outgrown it because leapfrog only do educational games for KS1 and below. Which is a shame because they could continue to do much more.

The Prince Of Mist
The Prince Of Mist
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be more clear that its aimed at youngsters, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Prince Of Mist (Paperback)
Being a huge fan of zafon I was really disapointed with the quality of writing in this particular story.

I read it to the end only out of curiosity to see what would happen. I noticed that all the reviews at the front of the book are written by youngsters and it was then that I realised why it read like Enid Blytons Famous Five. Either way it was not what I expected. I missed that beautiful prose that I have come to expect.

International Velvet
International Velvet

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stunning!, 3 Jun. 2013
I love virtually every track on this Mercury Award Winning Album. Simply Brilliant and Stunning. Love it!!!!

One of the best albums that came out of the nineties.

Sugar Mice (1999 Remastered Version)
Sugar Mice (1999 Remastered Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some brilliant Songs on this album, 3 Jun. 2013
In the mid eighties I was a huge Marrillion Fan.

Fish had such a unique voice and the language and words used in his songs were so clever that I couldnt help but fall in love with the band. And it was such a shame that they did not last as long as I would have liked.

A Brilliant album that I still play to this day.

Shaking The Tree - Sixteen Golden Greats
Shaking The Tree - Sixteen Golden Greats

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF MY ALTIME FAVOURITE ALBUMS, 3 Jun. 2013
I bought this album in the early eighties and its still one of my favourites. I never get tired of it. Every track on this album is unique, clever and brilliantly sung.

He has a voice that just captures your attention and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on edge. For me it offered escapism from the really bad eighties bands.

And now 30 years later I am still playing it regularly which only goes to show how its stood the test of time.

Simply Brilliant!!