Profile for Carpe Noctem > Reviews

Content by Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem "''It can't rain forever...''" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cable-Core 5m Black 4 Gang Power Strip Extension Cord Mains Plug
Cable-Core 5m Black 4 Gang Power Strip Extension Cord Mains Plug
Offered by BulbsTubes

4.0 out of 5 stars It is doing well..., 27 July 2013
It works. It is just that it's difficult to fit the jack into the holes - it requires a bit of effort to press it hardly so that it goes to the end and fits properly. Generally, I am satisfied.

Corset Makers Full Steel Boned Beige / Ivory Waist Cincher Corset Satin Underbust Body Shaper Basque Belt Top Dress (46) 34inch
Offered by Corset Maker

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but difficult to put on and take off by myself..., 27 July 2013
I like this corset. However, I thought I have ordered it to be 38'' but it came 34''. Either I misunderstood the size choices available for this product, which I doubt, or this is meant to pull a natural waist of 38'' to 34'' - which is probably why I was afraid I won't be able to put it on at all at first... It seemed too small, but I loosened the laces to the very end and only then I could squeeze myself into this corset, not without a great difficulty, after spending quite some time putting laces through the loopholes, because it came unlaced... Then, I was able to pull it tightly and I saw my waist shrink by some 3 inches perhaps, which is precisely what I wanted. I just couldn't tighten the upper part of the corset by myself, especially without a mirror to see the back of it, but I believe it's possible. It was much more difficult to get out of the corset, though, as when I first untied the laces and then tried to open the front busk, it stayed in place because and it was hard to remove the corset, but finally, I succeeded in doing so. My overall experience of the product is good, though. It is one of my first corsets, so I am not that used to wearing them, but I felt quite comfortable even in a tightly laced corset and when it was laced up to the end.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Corset., 27 July 2013
It is nice and strong, well made. The laces are very long; when they are pulled tightly, they become even longer which makes it impossible for me to tie them at the back by myself and I find it impossible to tighten them at the top properly by myself, so I can only wear the corset with the help of someone else. This is true for any other corset in my case, so it is not the fault of this product which is excellent in every detail. I like it. I gave it one star less though because it did not pull my waist significantly. I mean, it still made my stomach appear flat and perhaps one inch smaller, and it slightly defined my waist which is invisible otherwise, but it did not give me that Victorian-like shape that I was hoping to achieve with a modern corset. I guess it is true for all kinds of modern corsets, so I am quite all right with this item. I will be wearing it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 7:19 PM GMT

Spiral Direct LONGSLEEVE MESH GLOVE Plain Black (XL 20-22)
Spiral Direct LONGSLEEVE MESH GLOVE Plain Black (XL 20-22)

4.0 out of 5 stars Crochet glove..., 27 July 2013
The fishnet is made of black crochet. The gloves are detachable. The top is a great everyday piece of cheap budget gothic clothing. It is the size that I am concerned about. I ordered the largest size that was available, that is 20-22, because these are double sizes. I normally require 22, so I thought it should be all right, but in fact, it is a lot tighter than I though, as it stretches up to 22 but it is basically size 20, so while I can still wear it comfortably, it literally sticks to my large stomach which makes it appear even larger, unless I wear a tightly laced corset underneath, perhaps. I will keep the product but I am now going to visit the seller's own website to see what else they have on the offer. I would be happy if they had sizes larger than 20-22. The fabric of this top is moderately stretchable but then, the correct size always depends on the fabric - its texture as well as its stretchability. I shall see...

Meridian Hazelnut Butter 170g
Meridian Hazelnut Butter 170g
Offered by TheSupplementStore

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected at all..., 24 July 2013
I remember eating bread with hazelnut butter that was really a butter, but brown and sweet, and smooth, and creamy - as a child in the 1990s, in Poland... This is not butter but a dark grey paste swimming in oil and oil is dripping of it as I pick a little bit on a spoon... I don't quite like that texture. It is not completely a liquid, but there is far too much oil in the jar and too less of the crushed nuts, as a matter of fact. The taste, however, is bearable when eaten with something sweet like milk rolls or pancakes, but not on its own because then, it is bitter. I only wanted to try it but I won't be buying it again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 7:22 PM GMT

Wenko 4392205100 Plastic Laundry Bin Bubble Bag, 45 x 75 cm, Black
Wenko 4392205100 Plastic Laundry Bin Bubble Bag, 45 x 75 cm, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure..., 24 July 2013
How on earth can I pump the air into that airbag with such a small mechanic hand pump? Mission impossible! So, instead of stiff plastic basket-like thing, I got a soft bag hardly sitting on the floor at all, and it is not the kind of plastic that I have imagined: the hard texture one, but rather, it is the kind of soft plastic that plastic shopping bags are usually made of. It is still okay, large enough for my needs. I only wish it was a closed type of bag, so that I could have the clothes covered in some way - maybe a top with a zip closure?

Damiano Raw Organic Peeled Almond Butter 180g
Damiano Raw Organic Peeled Almond Butter 180g
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Almond butter..., 24 July 2013
Well, I thought it would have a thick and creamy consistence, like a spread, but no, it is practically a liquid. It makes it impossible to spread on toast or a loaf of bread, but it is all right when poured over pancakes, for example. Taste is like almonds, obviously with no added sugar. Just pure crushed almonds and perhaps some kind of oil... It is nothing special. It tastes good but I don't think so I will be buying it again. I only purchased it to try it for the first time in my life and that is enough.

Nouvelle Gothic Skull & Rose Print Top Black 22 Plus
Nouvelle Gothic Skull & Rose Print Top Black 22 Plus
Offered by Love Fashion Outlet

4.0 out of 5 stars It's nice..., 23 July 2013
I like the print and the fabric is also good. The size is all right. I am maybe not as impressed as when looking at the picture, but I like it, yes.

Salter 484 Mechanical Bathroom Scale with Magnifying Lens
Salter 484 Mechanical Bathroom Scale with Magnifying Lens

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed but it's all right..., 23 July 2013
It works but it is nothing special. Also, I expected it to be a bit lighter but it is a little bit heavier. It doesn't really matter, though.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay..., 23 July 2013
I like the colour and the kettle in general, but I just don't understand why it gets those white stains on the outside all the time. I wipe it clean and after few hours it is stained again - even when it is not at all in use... Water is already full of stones, so I will need to do something about it, but what is most worrying is that these stones don't look like normal stone scale that forms with time in kettles like this. I had an impression that there was something else in that water and it was disgusting. I don't know what it is. I haven't since then used the kettle again. I will see if the problem persists after I have cleaned the filter, but I'm still concerned about the white stains on the outside of the kettle.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6