Profile for George Gaz > Reviews

Content by George Gaz

George Gaz "George Gaz" (UK)

The Trillion-Dollar Conspiracy: How the New World Order, Man-Made Diseases, and Zombie Banks Are Destroying America
by Jim Marrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Marrs once again goes above and beyond to deliver us the facts, 23 July 2010
This book, like other Marrs texts, is a fantastic, yet daunting read.

Areas covered:

Dumbed-down Eduction
Media nad Fearmongering
Leader Control
Police State

I found the first area (Political Hacking) relatively difficult to follow but only because I know little about the financial system and its terminology. However, I know enough to grasp just what Marrs is pointing at and it is scary to say the least.

The monetary conspiracy is followed by the way that corporations have been allowed (by those in authority) to drug our commodities and it is a real eye-opener.

The book is extremely informative but I would advise a background in this kind of genre prior to taking it up. Rule By Secrecy would be a great place to start.

If you want to know how we are all being abused by corporations and governments then this book is a must.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2011 5:34 PM BST

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Infinity Ward to the rescue, 14 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What can I say about MW2?

Once again IW have produced a top class game. If you are looking for the world's best console shooter then this is undoubtedly it.

Character animations, movements, shooting is all slicker than a 1950s hairstyle which makes the game such a smooth experience.

Remember that this is (essentially) a purely online game. It does have a single player mode but buying this game for single player is like buying an ash-tray for a motorcyle. Online multiplayer is where it is at.

Buy it. Enjoy.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 9.79

3.0 out of 5 stars You want war? Get Modern Warfare 2, 14 July 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a good game, do not get me wrong, but it is no Modern Warfare 2.

The character animations are pretty poor, the graphics are not really much better than the original and the choice of weaponry is embarrassing.

If you can look past all of the above then you will enjoy this game. One thing that is much better about this than MW2 is that on Battlefield you can actually be an effective sniper. So if sniping is your game, get this.

Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Dead ... erm Purchase, 14 July 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have been playing this game for a few weeks now and the single player was enthralling let alone the multiplayer.

Single player, yeah it is really good, nice story, very clever dialogue that echoes similarities between the Wild West governance and emergence of capitalism and the current state of the US. Vast expanse of land to explore with lots of mini side quests in order to get that famous Rockstar 100% completion trophy.

Now let's discuss the best bit ... multiplayer. This multiplayer experience is unlike any multiplayer game I have played before. It takes what was good about GTA4 multiplayer and then strips anything that was bad (i.e. pretty much everything). Creating posses of people is fun and then taking on other posses or taking on the AI criminals.
This is all done in the "free roam" mode but there are also lots of dedicated game types such as gang shootout (team deathmatch) etc.

A great touch for multiplayer is that whenever a gang shootout begins you are all lined at in a duel position. One team facing the other. Then, in typical Wild West fashion, you have the DRAW and you all gun each other down. Fantastic touch, so much fun.

Buy this.

1000 Mile Men's Ultimate Heavyweight Walking Sock - Navy, Large (9-11.5)
1000 Mile Men's Ultimate Heavyweight Walking Sock - Navy, Large (9-11.5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 7 Jan 2010
I had never used this brand before but was recommended by a friend of mine that these were a quality product.
I agree with my friends statement.
They use a "two sock" lining kind of thing to help prevent blisters whilst walking and to absorb moisture (foot sweat ... gross).
They have seen we well so far from walking, marching and running in boots ... 100 miles down ... 900 to go ...

Maglite Boxed  Mini Mag AA Torch - Black
Maglite Boxed Mini Mag AA Torch - Black
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Trusted Quality, 7 Jan 2010
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Maglite (including 2 Duracell AA batteries) in black. Maglite are a trusted quality brand that I have used before and I would recommend this torch for anyone who might be into camping, in the forces (get a red filter), survival, adventure holidays etc.

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement from Angels & Demons, 20 Nov 2009
Whilst the Da Vinci Code still, and always will, remain as Brown's most iconic work, The Lost Symbol is a vast improvement on Angels & Demons.

Angels & Demons was a book that I was happy that I had finished because it meant I could now allow it to gather dust and prop up the wonky leg on my table.

This book on the other hand will do no such thing.

As with DVC this book is fast paced, short manageable chapters that grab the attention. The conspiracy angle is very well played out (however, leads to a slightly weak ending that people outside of these circles might fail to grasp) and makes you beg to visit the American capital.

The villian is a dark and intriguing character with a monumental twist at the end. The typical Brown fusion of science and history is apparent once again with a great concept being worked on by science. I think that it is great that Brown brings such things to the public attention.

All I can say is that I am very glad that there was no gigantic bomb set to destroy the world in this text ...

Well worth a read.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Web Tex Survival Kit - Contents, 25 Aug 2009
Hello,

I thought that I would write a contents list for this product because I know that it is missing from the description and also that it would have really benefited me when choosing which kit to buy.

Here goes:

Snap Knife
Firestarter (can be used in conjunction with knife and cotton wool)
Wire Saw
Sewing Kit
Candle
Small button compass
Fishing Kit (three hooks)
Matches
Whistle
10 x Water Purification tablets
Signalling mirror (built into lid of box and good for signalling only, if you want a shaving mirror get a separate wash kit)
Pencil
Safety Pins
Snare Wire
Cotton Wool
Accident Report Form
Survival Instructions (not very good).

Hope you find this helpful.

Cheers
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2012 6:35 PM GMT

The Golden Dream: Seekers of El Dorado
The Golden Dream: Seekers of El Dorado
by Robert Silverberg
Price: 19.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping and factual read, 1 May 2009
I have been interested in the "myth" of El Dorado for some time now and bought this book to get a good oversight into the ideas surrounding the Golden City.

At first, I did not realise that Silverberg was a science fiction writer and as I was reading the small biography this disheartened me because I thought it would be all glitz and glamour with very few facts.

I could not have been more wrong.

It became clear whilst reading that this was very well researched and written in such a way that I almost cried every time that I had to put the book down and have a break.

I cannot stress enough how well written and well researched this book is and for anybody with an interest in either South America or El Dorado, I highly recommend this purchase.

In the meantime, I am off to find the Golden City ...

The Code Book: The Secret History of Codes and Code-breaking
The Code Book: The Secret History of Codes and Code-breaking
by Simon Singh
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive view, 16 Mar 2009
This is a very comprehensive book regarding the subject and is portrayed from a variety of perspectives. A lot of good information is covered, in detail, throughout these pages. Anyone with an interesting in codes and code breaking should pick this up/