Profile for moq > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Giant Girl Adventures Issue 1: Living Large in LA
Giant Girl Adventures Issue 1: Living Large in LA

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant introduction to a new character, 31 Jan. 2014
I really enjoyed this issue and I thought it was a great introduction to the character of Giant Girl. The comic had very cheesecake style art in places and it was great fun to read. Fingers crossed the following comics will be as good as this one. The only negative about the comic was that the bonus material (text pieces) kept making my kindle crash every 2 pages. I don't know why it happened but it became very frustrating very quickly. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by the time the 2nd comic is released.
Buy the comic if your a fan of cheesecake art and like comics that don't take themselves to seriously! A good fun read!

Chaos Campus:  Sorority Girls vs. Zombies #2 (Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies)
Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies #2 (Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun t&a zombie comic., 25 Jan. 2014
Not the works of Shakespeare but a lot fun! This comic continues the story from the previous issue, with the girls saving booblicious Brittany from being a zombie by using a mystical amulet and the power of Michael Jackson's Thriller. No it's not the walking dead but it's pretty entertaining!!!

Chaos Campus:  Sorority Girls vs. Zombies #1 (Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies)
Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies #1 (Chaos Campus: Sorority Girls vs. Zombies)

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent free horror comic for the kindle fire!, 25 Jan. 2014
First up this comic is all about tits, arse & zombies.
Secondly it's very easy comic to read and the artwork is nice to look at. The story starts at the E.A.Z.Y. sorority house where the ladies based there are having a party. Like all cheesy horror the ladies are all buxom and they all look out for one another, even kissing each other better. The blokes are the sporty pricks we all have had the misfortune of knowing at some point in our lives. Any way zombies arrive and anarchy begins!!!

Cracking first comic, think I'll check out the rest of the series!. A great free "horror" comic & far superior to a lot of the free horror comics! Keep up the good work!!!

2000 AD: The Creator Interviews
2000 AD: The Creator Interviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A collection of superb interviews with 2000ad creators., 11 Jan. 2014
This little book is amazing the interviews in it are a treasure to own. The two that stuck out for me were the Ezquerra and Smith interviews. I should point out these interviews were originally published in the Judge Dredd Megazine. The book was a pleasure to read and worth every penny, I just hope volume 2 comes out eventually! Stop reading this and buy the book!

Twisted Dark, Vol. 1
Twisted Dark, Vol. 1

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price but not for me., 10 Dec. 2013
I brought this book for my kindle as it was incredibly cheap and it appeared to be a horror anthology. This book wasn't for me but it was a great price. I didn't find the stories shocking,twisted or horrible and a few of them were predictable. However the author does deserve praise for publishing his work and making it available on multiple formats. He has also found some incredibly talented artists to interpret his stories.

Nightwing Vol. 1: Traps and Trapezes (The New 52)
Nightwing Vol. 1: Traps and Trapezes (The New 52)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not the best., 9 Dec. 2013
I picked this up recently when most of the first volumes of the new 52 titles had been on sale at £1.88. The artwork is good,clean,nice and easy to make out. The story is ok and I wanted it to be really good but at times it felt flat, the biggest problem I had with it was that the end of the book tied into another characters book (no spoilers here!) And this made me feel that Nightwings story was dictated by other story. I hope to check out volume 2 at some point and hopefully it's better than this average volume.

Pulling Up Stakes
Pulling Up Stakes

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it would be!!!!, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pulling Up Stakes (Kindle Edition)
I brought this book shortly after Peter David had a stroke in order to support his recovery. When I first started reading this vampire book I thought it was ok but a bit boring, however the story picks up and in the end I was gripped to see how Vince would try to get out of a bad situation in central park and try to control his actions! Great book but slow start for me, can't wait to start volume 2! Also glad Peter David is now on the mend!!

Gen #1
Gen #1

3.0 out of 5 stars A good quality manga anthology, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Gen #1 (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this to my kindle as it was free. It contains 4 manga stories, all of which appear quite different. I really enjoyed some of the art work contained within, and I think the stories I enjoyed the most were Wolf and Vs Aliens.

X-Men: The Hidden Years; Worlds Within Worlds
X-Men: The Hidden Years; Worlds Within Worlds
by various

4.0 out of 5 stars X-Men The Hidden Years, 1 Oct. 2013
When X-Men The Hidden Years first came out I dismissed it as a boring take on the original X-Men, however I could not be further from the truth. This series has been fantastic from the start and its a shame it got cancelled when it did. John Byrne's artwork and story telling is brilliant and its a shame this series is so underrated!

New Defender Vol. 1
New Defender Vol. 1
by J.M. DeMatteis

4.0 out of 5 stars All new,All different Defenders!, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: New Defender Vol. 1 (Paperback)
Out with the old defenders as if they stay together, Earth is doomed !!!!! However luckily there is a new team of defenders waiting to pick up the slack. A rag tag team made up of former X-Men and Avengers and various other characters from all corners of the marvel universe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5