Profile for Lorraine G > Reviews

Lorraine G

UKayed Twist 'n' Tie Hair Wrap In Blue
UKayed Twist 'n' Tie Hair Wrap In Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 3 Mar. 2012
I bought one for each of my daughters, aged 6 & 8. They can use the towel easily and it helps to stop their hair dripping for ages after they've finished swimming. It has a button and elastic loop which the kids picked up after a couple of practices.

Mom's Plan-It: The Original Planning Calendar!
Mom's Plan-It: The Original Planning Calendar!
by Avalanche Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Repeat buyer, 15 Feb. 2011
Plenty of space to add what everyone's up to as well as being fun and bright to look at hung on the front of the fridge with the magnet.

The ABRSM Practice Notebook
The ABRSM Practice Notebook
by ABRSM
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Feb. 2011
It's a great incentive for my kids to write down that they have practiced and for the teacher and me to see it. There's room for all 3 of us to add comments too, so I always know what my daughter needs to practice each week. My daughter's piano teacher is going to recommend this book to his other students.

Bosch TWK6831GB  Jug Kettle Stainless Steel
Bosch TWK6831GB Jug Kettle Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars It's heavy!, 7 Sept. 2010
I bought the kettle as I already own the matching toaster. I would not recommend it to anyone who is not very strong; it's heavy even before it's full of water...Other than that it's just fine.

Britney: The Biography
Britney: The Biography
by Sean Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old same old, 9 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Britney: The Biography (Paperback)
Nothing new in this book and it now needs updating as a lot has happened since 2005. Is easy to read, maybe too easy, but I don't think I'm the tweeny market that the book is aimed at. Obviously written for the UK market as it makes comparisons to other pop stars which, coincidentally, the author has also written biographies on.

Carol Vorderman's Times Tables Book (Made Easy)
Carol Vorderman's Times Tables Book (Made Easy)
by Carol Vorderman

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 9 Oct. 2009
Was recommended this book by a friend and will recommend it to anyone else. Simple, with good tips to help the kids remember. Bright, some and good practical examples to remind them why we need to know times tables in every day life.

SAMSUNG HT-BD1250 Blu-ray Home Cinema system 5.1 system, DVD/MPEG4 player, Blu-ray disc player, HDMI, USB, WiFi, Wireless rear speakers, Upscaling

4.0 out of 5 stars What nationality is this product?, 27 Aug. 2009
Great product, but where was the product originally sold? When we opened the manual, it was in 3 other European languages, no English...When I phoned Samsung they said we'd need to download the manual (it's huge) from their website as it was not a British model. Puzzling? Yep.
We haven't finished playing with the system yet, but are muddling through without a manual and looking up what we can't work out on-line.

Electrolux Z161Y Mains Operated Vacuum Cleaner - Yellow
Electrolux Z161Y Mains Operated Vacuum Cleaner - Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick tidy-upper, 27 Aug. 2009
This mains-operated vacuum cleaner gives a good balance between lightweight portability and enough suction to pick up on tile and carpet. I use this in the kitchen when I don't want to get the 'big' vacuum cleaner out. Great for dealing with quick tidy ups when visitors are enroute.