Profile for Liz > Reviews

Content by Liz

Liz (Knowle)

Regency House Party (TV Tie in)
Regency House Party (TV Tie in)
by Lucy Jago
Price: 18.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Oct 2011
After visiting Kentchurch Court for a Phil Rickman book signing event I was very keen to read this book, I also remembered the TV show. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, would love to see the TV series again and can really recommend the wonderful Kentchurch Court - tea there was superb!

The Secrets of Pain (Merrily Watkins)
The Secrets of Pain (Merrily Watkins)
by Phil Rickman

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of the year for me, 6 Sep 2011
A long awaited return to Ledwardine village and the fabulous Merrily Watkins, deliverance Minister and mum to feisty teenager Jane. Phil Rickman has really hit the big time with his latest book, all my favourite characters on fine form and the rescue party led by Gomer Parry on a JCB - brilliant! I wore my 'Gomer Parry Plant Hire' tee shirt with pride whilst reading :) The fine writing, great locations and atmosphere make this a book that draws you in, keeps you engaged and leaves you wanting more. If you haven't read any Merrily books yet and are looking for a new author to try, Phil Rickman is the one to go for - murder, mystery, historical accuracy and spookiness all wrapped up in a cracking good read. Mr Rickman, you are my favourite author and I adore Merrily and co so could you just head back to your desk and concentrate on getting the next book out ASAP?