Profile for Ms CT Clarke > Reviews

Content by Ms CT Clarke

Ms CT Clarke (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset with Charging Case - Carbon Black
Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset with Charging Case - Carbon Black
Offered by K.F. Sales

2.0 out of 5 stars Some good points but overpriced for what it does, 14 Jun. 2015
ABOUT THE REVIEWER

I'm a truck driver. So this goes on my ear as I drive to work and stays on it, throughout the day. (This can be up to 17 hours including travelling to and from work.)

I'm moving about a lot when unhooking and hooking trailers, opening and closing the curtains.

WHY I BOUGHT IT

It was recommended by someone in a motorway service station. (Don't buy them there; they will try and charge you £40 more than Amazon!)

GOOD POINTS

* The audio quality for those listening to you is good
* The additional charger is a nice touch
* It is very comfortable (even with glasses)
* It looks very good
* It's pretty good at staying on your ear - it will move if you eat!

BAD POINTS

* The audio to you is VERY quiet
* The sound is tinny (high in the treble)
* The battery is average
* The range is not great
* It randomly disconnects
* Sometimes it won't connect to Skype
* The price is - in my view - expensive given the bad points

OVERALL

I wouldn't buy it again. I had an old M55 (?) which was just as comfortable, had better battery life, longer range, better sound quality and performed flawlessly with other phone features (EG Spotify, Skype).

FULL REVIEW

I'll start with the GOOD POINTS and go through in the above order (mostly!).

Whenever I've received/made a call, people have no trouble hearing me. When I'm in the car, some people aren't aware that I'm in a car. It even does a very good job of noise cancellation in the lorries.

I only use the additional charger rarely. It does the job if you need a boost, but you do have to unhook the over ear hook to get it in the docking station and I wonder if that will break off eventually. (The earpiece can be charged via mini usb without docking.)

I wear it for very long periods. I find it needs the over hear hook to stay on my ear but that doesn't bother me. It stays on my ear but sometimes does move and need adjusting. Thanks to the "It can tell if it's on your ear" feature, this means that sometimes it will think it's been removed. That is a bit of a pain. Classic case of over-engineering.

The buttons are pretty fiddly and I really only use the large button to re-establish a connection. The volume control is fiddly in the extreme. And as I'm female, my hands really aren't that large!

Style is good. No doubting that. A long way from the hearing aid look of one of my other Plantronics. However, that headset beats this one on all of the Edge's BAD POINTS ...

The audio is VERY quiet. I have it on full and my phone volume on full ALL of the time. However, it still isn't loud enough to hear an audio book while driving in anything larger than a car (EG van or lorry). In fact I think it's a bit quiet in a car on the motorway.

Annoyingly, the treble is very loud, so if you're listening to music, it doesn't sound quite right and often I'll turn it down just to avoid my ears being assaulted by the treble. It really does accentuate that at the expense of the bass.

The batter says six hours, personally I'm not convinced. If I have it on standby, it still doesn't last the day. I actually still carry two of my old headsets and swap during the day because this just doesn't last. If I'm listening to an audio book or Spotify then it certainly doesn't last six hours.

The range is poor - in my view. It doesn't reach to the end of my trailer (45 feet). While this may not bother many people, it is a gigantic pain to me because it's better for me to make a phone call while walking around the trailer hooking it up, doing the curtains, number plate, kingpin, air lines etc etc, rather than while driving.

It does randomly decide that it isn't going to play with my phone. Whether this is the auto "you aren't wearing me" thing I don't know. I don't care either because it should stay connected.

It really dislikes Skype. Sometimes it will cheerfully play Audible, Spotify, normal calls but will not go through the Skype app. Disconnecting bluetooth, turning the phone off etc sometimes works but it's a gigantic pain in the rear.

OVERALL given the cost of this headset I'm underwhelmed. I wish I had not bought it and I certainly wouldn't do so again.

I love Plantronics, this is my third headset from them but this is by far the least reliable on battery/range than the others (M55 and Voyager). It has style but the substance is lacking.

I have worn this headset with and without glasses (I had laser treatment so don't need glasses for driving now) and it coped very well with the glasses. Mainly due to the small over ear hook (especially when compared to the Voyager).

IT MAY SUIT YOU IF you don't need the range, are always in a quiet environment and only use it for phone calls but aren't using it a lot between chargers. But it's not for me.

Samsung Galaxy NOTE 10.1 P600 2014 Edition WI-FI 16GB 16 GB 3072 MB Android 10.1 -inch LCD
Offered by iHD Lounge

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tablet, 25 Jun. 2014
I love this. It has a great screen. It's very easy to get around (I use a Note 3 phone, so that may be part of it). I'm pretty impressed by the battery life too. At least having a mini USB charger, it can be easily charged without having to carry a lot of proprietary cables (the Note 3 doesn't use mini USB).

The only criticism I have - and it is NOT of Samsung but it is of Amazon - is that it can't play Amazon Prime HD films. Apparently Amazon thinks it's £120 Fire is a better device than a £400 Note 10.1. Newsflash Amazon, no it isn't. This device has superior memory, storage (it can take an expasion card), processor power and flexibility. It isn't just something that streams films from one company.

I am a driver and I take this with me because during rest stops, I can create my invoices, I can watch YouTube, play games on it.

Would I buy this again? Yes. Would I buy a Fire? Not now that I realize that that Amazon are deliberately locking out other devices with the fallacy that "they cannot stream HD".
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2015 6:34 PM BST

100 X White Plastic 12oz Disposable Bowls
100 X White Plastic 12oz Disposable Bowls
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - and reusable!, 25 Jun. 2014
I use these as cat food bowls.

I also pop them in the dishwasher on a daily setting and they take that fine. I can wash them by hand but not with boiling water - just hot - and that's fine too.

Really handy for when I just don't have any ceramic bowls left and they can be re-used. But if they have warped or I just don't have time to clean them, it isn't a disaster to just throw them away.

Fantastic.

GENUINE NOKIA BH-108 BH108 BLUETOOTH HEADSET STONE FOR NOKIA LUMIA 520 620 720 820 920 900 800 710 610 810 600 700

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine for about a month, 24 Jun. 2014
Ear holder snapped off. As these are sold in packs of 10 I suspect that happens a lot.

Comfortable enough but not worth having to replace it that frequently.

CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 24 Jun. 2014
I keep this stacked with my "must go out now" kit. IE Sat nav, hat, phone charger/adapter, phone holder.

If I have to swap cars all my stuff is here ready to go.

It's not very big; probably would struggle to get anything bigger than A4 in it; certainly an AA softback map won't go in it.

Works for me though.

Argon Tableware Traditional Hiball Glasses - 360ml (12.25oz) Gift Box of 6
Argon Tableware Traditional Hiball Glasses - 360ml (12.25oz) Gift Box of 6
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good talll glasses, 24 Jun. 2014
These seem quite tall compared to the ones I was replacing. The glass is a good thickness.

They've survived the dishwasher!

Very pleased for the price.

BagBase Heritage Backpack French Navy One
BagBase Heritage Backpack French Navy One
Offered by laylawson®

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap workbag, 24 Jun. 2014
I take this with me to work every day.

It has one large opening and two little pockets which would take a normal phone (I use a Note 3 and that doesn't fit).

Zipped area at the front for wallet/munchies can take my Note 10.1 at a squeeze.

Two handy little side pockets with velcro fastening is handy for bluetooth or cables.

Does the job for me and while I'd like an extra separator inside, not enough to spend £40 on a bag for work.

Back seems reasonably padded (I only use a single strap for carrying and the rest of the time it lives on my passenger seat). Reasonably sturdy,

Plantronics M50 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics M50 Bluetooth Headset
Offered by PoWoW

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok but ..., 24 Jun. 2014
This is about my third bluetooth headset (I have two more since I bought this) and I drive for a living so a bluetooth is essential and very important to me.

Pro's

Unlike the Nokia BH-108 this does seem to be able to cope with long term daily use without the earpiece snapping off
Really easy to put on
Easily findable and adjustable volume/power buttons which are a doddle to use even when wearing the earpiece
Feels secure on my ear even though I have long hair and wear glasses
Talktime (or audiobook listening time) is fantastic. I only managed to get to battery low level after 10 hours of listening. Plugging in the charger in my van's cigarette socket during a brief rest stop, got me back to battery medium level.
Universal mini USB charger point, so can use chargers from other products
Tells you battery high/medium/low on power up.

Cons

Volume, even at maximum is a bit quiet
The speech when listening to audiobooks, can be a bit heavy on the treble, requiring it to be turned down or be screeched at
I have had many complaints that I can't be heard and been asked to repeat myself << deal breaker for me

Overall

If you are doing a lot of low speed driving; or only in a car, this may be OK. Comfort and reliability can't be faulted.

If you are driving a van or a truck or on the motorway .. no unless you only want to take infrequent and non-essential calls.

It's a real shame because a couple of tweaks and this would be amazing.

Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Offered by Jasmine Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, 24 Jun. 2014
I got one when I was having difficulty sleeping in an East-facing room. It was very comfortable and cuts out the light very well.

Since then, I've got another for my boyfriend who loves it (even though we now have a black out blind in the bedroom) and I bought myself another one to keep with me in the van. Working shifts, sometimes a nap in the van is essential and this means I can nap!

The only small criticism that I have is that the head band seems to become loose and require tightening frequently. My boyfriend hasn't mentioned this, so it might just be a long hair/frequent mover issue. I don't notice it so much on the one I keep in the van, but do on the one in the bedroom which gets much more use.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of shapes. Good brightness, 24 Jun. 2014
These are great. I've got three or so.

While the 8 month olds love them (and I use the click as a come here device), the 13 year olds will pounce too. Great for removing traffic jams on the stairs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7