Profile for Ms CT Clarke > Reviews

Content by Ms CT Clarke

Ms CT Clarke (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 10.1 P600 2014 Edition WI-FI 16GB 16 GB 3072 MB Android 10.1 -inch LCD
Offered by HEARTBIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tablet, 25 Jun. 2014
I love this. It has a great screen. It's very easy to get around (I use a Note 3 phone, so that may be part of it). I'm pretty impressed by the battery life too. At least having a mini USB charger, it can be easily charged without having to carry a lot of proprietary cables (the Note 3 doesn't use mini USB).

The only criticism I have - and it is NOT of Samsung but it is of Amazon - is that it can't play Amazon Prime HD films. Apparently Amazon thinks it's £120 Fire is a better device than a £400 Note 10.1. Newsflash Amazon, no it isn't. This device has superior memory, storage (it can take an expasion card), processor power and flexibility. It isn't just something that streams films from one company.

I am a driver and I take this with me because during rest stops, I can create my invoices, I can watch YouTube, play games on it.

Would I buy this again? Yes. Would I buy a Fire? Not now that I realize that that Amazon are deliberately locking out other devices with the fallacy that "they cannot stream HD".
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2014 9:55 PM GMT

100 X White Plastic 12oz Disposable Bowls
100 X White Plastic 12oz Disposable Bowls
Offered by Knives Master

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - and reusable!, 25 Jun. 2014
I use these as cat food bowls.

I also pop them in the dishwasher on a daily setting and they take that fine. I can wash them by hand but not with boiling water - just hot - and that's fine too.

Really handy for when I just don't have any ceramic bowls left and they can be re-used. But if they have warped or I just don't have time to clean them, it isn't a disaster to just throw them away.

Fantastic.

GENUINE NOKIA BH-108 BH108 BLUETOOTH HEADSET STONE FOR NOKIA LUMIA 520 620 720 820 920 900 800 710 610 810 600 700

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine for about a month, 24 Jun. 2014
Ear holder snapped off. As these are sold in packs of 10 I suspect that happens a lot.

Comfortable enough but not worth having to replace it that frequently.

CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
CENTRIX PREMIUM GYMSAC DRAWSTRING GYM BAG RUCKSACK - 10 COLOURS (BLACK)
Offered by Knights LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 24 Jun. 2014
I keep this stacked with my "must go out now" kit. IE Sat nav, hat, phone charger/adapter, phone holder.

If I have to swap cars all my stuff is here ready to go.

It's not very big; probably would struggle to get anything bigger than A4 in it; certainly an AA softback map won't go in it.

Works for me though.

Argon Tableware Traditional Hiball Glasses - 360ml (12.25oz) Gift Box of 6
Argon Tableware Traditional Hiball Glasses - 360ml (12.25oz) Gift Box of 6
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good talll glasses, 24 Jun. 2014
These seem quite tall compared to the ones I was replacing. The glass is a good thickness.

They've survived the dishwasher!

Very pleased for the price.

BagBase Heritage Backpack French Navy One
BagBase Heritage Backpack French Navy One
Offered by NGWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap workbag, 24 Jun. 2014
I take this with me to work every day.

It has one large opening and two little pockets which would take a normal phone (I use a Note 3 and that doesn't fit).

Zipped area at the front for wallet/munchies can take my Note 10.1 at a squeeze.

Two handy little side pockets with velcro fastening is handy for bluetooth or cables.

Does the job for me and while I'd like an extra separator inside, not enough to spend £40 on a bag for work.

Back seems reasonably padded (I only use a single strap for carrying and the rest of the time it lives on my passenger seat). Reasonably sturdy,

Plantronics M50 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics M50 Bluetooth Headset
Offered by PoWoW

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok but ..., 24 Jun. 2014
This is about my third bluetooth headset (I have two more since I bought this) and I drive for a living so a bluetooth is essential and very important to me.

Pro's

Unlike the Nokia BH-108 this does seem to be able to cope with long term daily use without the earpiece snapping off
Really easy to put on
Easily findable and adjustable volume/power buttons which are a doddle to use even when wearing the earpiece
Feels secure on my ear even though I have long hair and wear glasses
Talktime (or audiobook listening time) is fantastic. I only managed to get to battery low level after 10 hours of listening. Plugging in the charger in my van's cigarette socket during a brief rest stop, got me back to battery medium level.
Universal mini USB charger point, so can use chargers from other products
Tells you battery high/medium/low on power up.

Cons

Volume, even at maximum is a bit quiet
The speech when listening to audiobooks, can be a bit heavy on the treble, requiring it to be turned down or be screeched at
I have had many complaints that I can't be heard and been asked to repeat myself << deal breaker for me

Overall

If you are doing a lot of low speed driving; or only in a car, this may be OK. Comfort and reliability can't be faulted.

If you are driving a van or a truck or on the motorway .. no unless you only want to take infrequent and non-essential calls.

It's a real shame because a couple of tweaks and this would be amazing.

Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Jasmine Silk 100% Pure Silk Filled Eye Mask / Sleeping Mask Sleep Mask - BLACK
Offered by Jasmine Silk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, 24 Jun. 2014
I got one when I was having difficulty sleeping in an East-facing room. It was very comfortable and cuts out the light very well.

Since then, I've got another for my boyfriend who loves it (even though we now have a black out blind in the bedroom) and I bought myself another one to keep with me in the van. Working shifts, sometimes a nap in the van is essential and this means I can nap!

The only small criticism that I have is that the head band seems to become loose and require tightening frequently. My boyfriend hasn't mentioned this, so it might just be a long hair/frequent mover issue. I don't notice it so much on the one I keep in the van, but do on the one in the bedroom which gets much more use.

Cat Laser Chaser Toy
Cat Laser Chaser Toy
Offered by Molteni's

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of shapes. Good brightness, 24 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cat Laser Chaser Toy (Misc.)
These are great. I've got three or so.

While the 8 month olds love them (and I use the click as a come here device), the 13 year olds will pounce too. Great for removing traffic jams on the stairs.

Samsung ET-DQ10Y0WE - Micro USB 3.0 Sync Charging Data Cable (Non-Retail Packing)
Offered by Crazy Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Jun. 2014
I have a few of these because I can leave on in the car, one in a couple of rooms and I don't have to swap.

Fast charging, perfect.