Profile for S. Wilson > Reviews

Content by S. Wilson

S. Wilson "slw34229" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
First4Spares Red Airo Turbo Brush Floor Tool For Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaners
First4Spares Red Airo Turbo Brush Floor Tool For Numatic Henry Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

4.0 out of 5 stars Boost for Henry., 10 Feb. 2015
Seems to work very well. Makes the vacuum a little noisier than the standard foot, but makes vacuuming more efficient. Would be nice to have the little storage clip on the back like the standard foot, hence 4 stars

Angelina(TM) iPhone 4 Case / iPhone 4S Case - Hot Seller Magnetic Flip Folio PU Leather Wallet Case Fashion Colorful Geometric Puzzle Design with Stand & Credit Card Slots Cover for iPhone 4 4S
Offered by Angelina

Powerball Vortex Cool - White
Powerball Vortex Cool - White
Offered by Powerspin

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably better with the starter, 8 April 2014
This basic power ball comes without a starter, just a piece of cord you pull through like spinning top. This makes getting the gyro going a bit tricky. There are lots of youtube videos on how to do this, but in retrospect, I might have been better spending a bit more to get the starter.

Once you do get it going, the gyroscopic force really does work your wrist and lower arm muscles, but keeping the gyro going is also a bit of a skill.

Either you'll love this or it'll be used a few times and stuck in the back of a drawer. I suspect ours would get used more if we'd gone with the starter model.

Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks 6.00mm
Clover Soft Touch Crochet Hooks 6.00mm
Offered by ballhankandskein

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 8 April 2014
When I need a new crochet hook, I order a Clover one. I've nearly got the full set, and when one got chewed (don't ask), I bought another.

You don't *need* Clover crochet hooks, but if you get on with the handle shape, it is the best thing.

Note that the handle is fairly short compared to some hooks. This suits me as I have smallish hands, but may not suit some crocheting styles.

Naturally European Lavender Luxury Hand Cream Boxed 20% Shea Butter 75ml
Naturally European Lavender Luxury Hand Cream Boxed 20% Shea Butter 75ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hand cream, not my favourite, 8 April 2014
Shea butter lavender hand creams can be *very* expensive, so this seemed worth a try. I'd already tried one from a high street retailer that smelled of Cif rather than lavender, so I was wary. This certainly isn't unpleasant, it's just not a direct dupe for L'Occitane as far as the fragrance goes, in my opinion. But it is a good and very effective hand cream, and worth trying if you are looking for Shea Butter on a budget.

Stylecraft Senses Lace Knitting Wool/Yarn Black Elder 2480 - per 50g ball
Stylecraft Senses Lace Knitting Wool/Yarn Black Elder 2480 - per 50g ball
Offered by Yarns with Alice

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, economical mohair - but watch out for dye lots!, 8 April 2014
I bought a skein of this yarn from a local shop, only to find I ran out and needed another ball. The shop no longer stocked the yarn, so I picked up a ball from Minerva via Amazon. Although the seller's service was fine, the ball came from a different dye lot - not much you can do about that. There is a very marked difference between the colour of this ball and the original one. Acrylic yarns don't normally vary so much, but this one does, so beware - buy one ball more than you need, you can always make a matching scarf!

Aside from the dye lot issue, this is a very economical lace-mohair style yarn, with the added advantage of being very machine washable and will go in the tumble drier. The acrylic core means this is not as light and airy as some of the more expensive kid-silk yarns, but you can get an average sized sweater out of 3 or 4 balls. I had to re-do my pattern a couple of times, and the yarn held up well to being pulled back and reknitted.

Even with the machine wash and tumble dry, I still found the mohair a little tickly - for me this is true of mohair in general - so I won't be buying again, but I am sensitive to most animal yarns. I loved the spray dyed effect, in the Black Elder it is quite grungy, which I liked, but might be a bit too much for some tastes. Check out the samples from Stylecraft patterns to get an idea of the effect, before you buy if you are not sure.

Addi 60 cm 2.75 mm Circular Knitting Needle
Addi 60 cm 2.75 mm Circular Knitting Needle
Offered by ballhankandskein

5.0 out of 5 stars The best., 10 Mar. 2014
Addi turbo's are just the best. End of. Lightweight, smooth joins, flexible cords. Slightly pricey but last for years and years (I've not had a failure yet and my first set is now over 10 years old).

Sloggi Myday Shirt 01 Women's Vest Royal Blue Medium
Sloggi Myday Shirt 01 Women's Vest Royal Blue Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 10 Mar. 2014
Good basic vest top from Sloggi. Washes and tumble dries well. I wasn't sure which size to go for (Sloggi's website is a bit vague on this) so went for Medium. I'm normally 32-34" top and found the Medium generous to the point of being slightly large (although it has tightened a bit on washing). Unlike some other Sloggi products which come up a bit small, I'd say if you are not sure, go for the smaller size. The vest fabric is very stretchy, so the Medium would easily fit a 36" or maybe even a 38" bust. Other than that, good product.

Lily Lolo Corrector - Blush Away - 4g
Lily Lolo Corrector - Blush Away - 4g
Offered by Lily Lolo

4.0 out of 5 stars Combats redness, great for sensitive skin, 27 Feb. 2014
I bought this together with the PeepO as an anti-redness colour corrector. Overall, I prefer the PeepO as my skin tone is slightly warm/yellow and the PeepO blends in with or without foundation. Blush Away leaves my skin looking slightly ashen, but is easily corrected with a light dusting of mineral foundation. Overall, I'd say that this is best if you have substantial areas of high colour, such as acne, that you really want to neutralise before putting foundation over the top, or if you have very pale, porcelain skin, in which case you can probably use this without foundation. I'm using the Blush Away slightly more at the moment, as I'm quite pale (end of winter!).

Lily Lolo Corrector - PeepO - 4g
Lily Lolo Corrector - PeepO - 4g
Offered by Pure and Natural Brands

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent colour corrector for fair, warm-toned skins, 27 Feb. 2014
I bought this as an anti-redness corrector, as my natural skin tone is slightly warm (Warm Peach in Lily Lolo). I had tried the yellow-tinted colour correctors from Clinique, but they made my skin break out, so wanted a pure mineral product.

I can blend this in with or without foundation to tone down redness on my cheeks. If you have pink-toned or very pale skin (Porcelain, China Doll for example) I think you may find the green works a little better. I bought this together with the green (Blush Away) to try them out. The green is very effective, but I find makes me look a little ashen. I therefore prefer to use the green under foundation. I believe the yellow is supposed to work with pink and light redness, the green is better for very red blemishes.

As these come as powders, you can blend them in with a primer or moisturiser, to create your own CC cream, if you prefer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5