Profile for 4boys > Reviews

Content by 4boys

4boys

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
CANDY FLOSS NEW LADIES HOODED LONG SLEEVE 'MISS SEXY' WOMENS T SHIRT HOODIE WHITE SIZE 12
Offered by Candy Floss Fashion

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 7 Mar. 2013
Thin poor quality material.
White being see through.
Nasty nylon ( shiny) lining to hood
Material with no give or resistance
Poor finish of stiching
Only suitable for teenage look /

Pod Youth Adam Black Formal Loafer Ashton 4 UK, 37 EU
Pod Youth Adam Black Formal Loafer Ashton 4 UK, 37 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality smart shoes suitable for school and formal occasions, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Pod Men's Adam Lace Up (Apparel)
I have been buying PODs now for several years for my teenage son and now got smaller sizes for my 11 and 8 yr olds. These are solid shoes with, a firm sole and good leather. I would recommend them in terms of quality but they will not suit everyone.

The laces are very stiff and the flaps across the tounge very stiff and a little short. So my 11 tr old struggles to pull hard enough on the laces to fasten the shoes properly. The sole being firm, encourages a boy to walk properly rather than scuff and slide about, like they can in a trainer type sole. But the heel is hard and diggs in a little, so we are alternating with the old pair. The shoes will soften up, so I may add to this review.

However, I am so SICK of buying boys 'leather' school shoes that fall apart after a few days or weeks.
What is it about the UK, we pay a high price but get rubbish ( enticed by toys and fancy imprinted soles) and feel we are not allowed to complain or demand more..

So, shoe manufactures.. why do/ is :-
1. solid looking, heavy soles disintergrated after minimal wear?
2. top stiching, so popular in school shoes, unravel and split after a few days?
3. inner linings come away just with friction against socks ?
4. the price so high but quality so poor?

BUT these have only been worn for half a term and they have a HUGE whole in the sole. So I will need to buy another size 5.5 before September. Don't think this is a quality product

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the picture, 8 Feb. 2013
The material is very thin and not what I assumed to be normal sweatshirt material. The hood is lined with black nylon which is not obvious from the picture. I ordered 2 tops, one of which was in white but it was see through. They are more like T shirts with a hood but not particularly well made. Sent both back, so can't comment on wearing or washing.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, 6 Feb. 2013
Cant say I noticed any difference to my hair other than it made it smell nice. Light weight may be suitable as general protection for less damaged hair. Worth a go at the price.

Macadamia Nourishing Leave In Hair Cream - 60 ml
Macadamia Nourishing Leave In Hair Cream - 60 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 6 Feb. 2013
My hair is improving after years of chlorine swimming and sun damange. It does not leave it greasy but I would avoid using it on the top of my hair, just the length. Having used it after swimming for approx 1 month, the texture of my hair is less dry and brittle. I will continue to use it.

English Grammar for Students of French: The Study Guide for Those Learning French
by Jacqueline Morton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Feb. 2013
At last a grammar book which I can understand. I have realised that I cannot understand French grammar, if I do not have a reference for similar concepts in English. I used to struggle with the terminology in grammar books, never mind the concepts but this book is enabling me to understand the English, so I am slowly coping with the French. I would recommend it to anyone who also missed out on formal English grammar tuition.

It is not a huge heavy weight book but easy to dip in and out of. I have taken it into my French class and now my teacher recommends it to her students!

Childrens Christmas Collection [DVD]
Childrens Christmas Collection [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 6 Feb. 2013
Light entertainment for families with younger children. It can be hard to find suitable DVD's with something for everyone but this fits the bill.

Dents Classic Pigsuede Women's Gloves Charcoal Small
Dents Classic Pigsuede Women's Gloves Charcoal Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Feb. 2013
Very good for price. They are for a present so they are not worn yet. Soft leather and well made.

CANDY FLOSS LADIES DIAMOND BUTTON RIBBED MUSCLE TOP T SHIRT ROYAL BLUE SIZE 12
CANDY FLOSS LADIES DIAMOND BUTTON RIBBED MUSCLE TOP T SHIRT ROYAL BLUE SIZE 12
Offered by Candy Floss Fashion

3.0 out of 5 stars good everyday wear, 5 Feb. 2013
Good fit cotton tops, with nice buttons for the price. Lovely when first on as material is tight but does not retain shape, especially on sleeves.. so needs washing!

Fabric Christmas Mens Onesie - Dark blue - Mens - Small
Fabric Christmas Mens Onesie - Dark blue - Mens - Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality product, 5 Feb. 2013
A great winter wear onesie. Thick material with heavy duty zip, zipped pockets, red lined hood with good quality draw string. Good quality cuffs. More than happy with this at the price. Small mans fits my 14 yr old with room to grow. So comfortably fit 5'10 frame. Additional postage but no wasted packaging.

Only negative comment would be that the large zips on pockets may possibly stop anyone wanting to sleep in it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9