Profile for rory borealis > Reviews

Content by rory borealis

rory borealis (Manchester, UK)

Jon Ronson's Adventures With Extraordinary People
Jon Ronson's Adventures With Extraordinary People

5.0 out of 5 stars Three books in one!, 1 Jan 2013
This review is about the format of this kindle ebook, rather than the content. I've written it as I hope it helps others making the decision to buy.

I'd been planning to read the Psychopath Test for a while - we have a couple of paperback copies floating around the wider family circle, but I wanted a copy for my new kindle. I was hesitant to get this kindle version as it isn't totally clear in the description that it is three books, including the Psychopath Test (despite the cover suggesting it is!)
I downloaded a sample, but that wasn't any clearer as it is a sample of the first book of the three and only has a table of contents for that.
Anyway... it's a good price, so I bit the bullet and bought it. I can confirm it is the three books stated on the cover. The kindle version doesn't easily separate out the three books, so I've had to manually go through and bookmark the start of the second and third books. So if like me you have heard what great reads these three books are, then get this copy safe in the knowledge that they are all included.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2013 9:17 PM GMT

9ct Yellow Gold Cultured Pearl And Snake Drop Earrings
9ct Yellow Gold Cultured Pearl And Snake Drop Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy recipient, 30 Dec 2010
Bought these earrings for my mother for Christmas 2010. I was a little wary of buying jewellery online but was very relieved and pleased with the quality of these earrings. My mother was delighted and has worn them ever since!

Bad Girl's Guide to the Open Road
Bad Girl's Guide to the Open Road
by Cameron Tuttle
Edition: Vinyl Bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Girlie fun destined to inspire you to take that road trip, 16 Oct 2000
Cameron Tuttle's book gives the Bad Girl (or 'Road Sister') all the advice you need while taking a road trip across the United States. Full of handy tips including how to bust a speed rap (and the answer isn't always to cry) to using stockings and duct tape as a tow rope, this book will boost your confidence and make you want to hit the road immediately. Just in case you're not sure it's time to go, Tuttle has footed every page with some hilarious reasons why it's time to hit the road.
Although the book focuses on travel through the States, and can enter cheesiness at times, it is on the whole a very enjoyable book.