Profile for Mawsy > Reviews

Mawsy

Kipling Women's Sumida Duffel/Travelgear K13103148  Red
Kipling Women's Sumida Duffel/Travelgear K13103148 Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Bag, 4 Mar. 2012
I have a few Kipling bags, but this is a great bag for an overnight stay or even cabin bag for my hand luggage on holiday. I bought the bright red one. It weighs almost nothing and is very good quality. It has lots of space inside and contains a zipped inner pocket, a clipped key cord and handy pockets for your pens, mobile and passport too. It also has a detachable shoulder strap and the bottom zip part means the bag has more space should you need it. Great bag, quick delivery and a very reasonable price, Thanks Amazon!

The Great Safari: Lives of George and Joy Adamson
The Great Safari: Lives of George and Joy Adamson
by Adrian House

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Oct. 2011
I thought this book was absolutely fantastic.
A fabulous insight into the lives of Joy and George Adamson and their conservation work in Kenya.
Adrian House compares Joy and George's accounts of events in their lives through their letters and dairies. He goes back to their birth places, homes, camps and tells of their adventures beautifully.Some of which are very moving.
You come to know what Joy and George were really like. I think I fell in love with George and the lions (just a little bit!) At times, I felt like I was there on Safari with George, as Adrian House really made the sounds and sights of the bush and lions come alive, fantastic photos too.

George said 'Often I am asked why I have committed myself to the lions. There is no material gain for me in the project. The answer lies in my regard for these noble animals. I cannot bear to see these highly intelligent and sensitive creatures treated as so much merchandise, shipped here and there over the world, mothers parted from offspring, brothers from sisters, friend from friend, regardless of their feelings and happiness. For what? To, provide profit for dealers, and entertainment for humanity. They too are living beings with emotions akin to our own. If I can bring happiness and fulfillment for a span into the lives of a few, and perhaps set the pattern for future rehabilitations, it will have been worth while.

I really lost myself in this book and as George says 'Korokoro' the lion's roar when translated into English goes: WHO IS LORD OF THIS LAND?... Who is Lord of this land?... I Am!... I am!... I am!'

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Kenya
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Kenya
by Lizzie Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous little book, 25 Aug. 2011
A fabulous little book. I loved it. I am reading it before I go to Kenya next year on holiday and I can't put it down. It is very informative with lots of colour pictures of animals, plants, reptiles and birds and descriptions were very detailed. Its a brilliant guide, well researched and extremely helpful, especially for someone like me who is just sarting out with safari holidays. It will definately be the first thing in my suitcase!

The Rough Guide to Kenya
The Rough Guide to Kenya
by Richard Trillo

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenya, 25 Aug. 2011
A good guide book, informative and easy to read. This is pretty much everything a guide book should be; plenty of detail on the main stuff (where to stay and eat in Nairobi, how to organise a safari in the Maasai Mara), updated in Nov 2010 so it is pretty well up to date. Reading it before I go Kenya, so it has lived up to my expectations.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2011 9:49 PM BST