Profile for Bellatrix > Reviews

Content by Bellatrix

Bellatrix

Alexandria (Marcus Didius Falco Novels (Paperback))
Alexandria (Marcus Didius Falco Novels (Paperback))
by Lindsey Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 23 May 2013
This review concerns the quality of the outside of my second hand book, not the contents, which I expect to be quite good. But this item was sold on Amazon as being very good. When it arrived however, the cover turned out to be crumpled, the spine cracked and the pages rather less than pristine. I was actually slightly reluctant to touch it. When I see a second hand book described as 'very good', I expect it to have the kind of quality that you could give to someone as a present. Unfortunately this book did not have that.

Orff: Carmina Burana
Orff: Carmina Burana

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of the Carmina, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Orff: Carmina Burana (Audio CD)
I became interested in the Carmina Burana after seeing a live performance by a young choir. It was such a fresh and exciting show! After that I started listening to various versions online, and eventually chose this one. It is everything I had hoped, just as fresh and really great. Before I had borrowed another recording in which the voices sounded almost vague compared to the music, and I did not really like it overall. But this one has the perfect balance for me, it's great!

Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Shallow Casserole, 30 cm - Teal
Le Creuset Classic Cast Iron Shallow Casserole, 30 cm - Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars A pan like a swimming pool, 17 Jun. 2012
Even though I've received this product recently, I have already used it many times. It had been on my wish list for a long time (partly because Nigella is such a fan of it), and when it arrived it was just as beautiful as I had hoped. And very practical too, as it turned out. Not only for the paella's I hoped to make in it, but for many other dishes as well. Such as the Maroccan chicken dish I made when my parents came over for dinner. And when I put the creuset on the table my father exclaimed, 'Look at that pan! It's a pan like a swimming pool.' And so it is.

Alex Rider Pack Collection, 9 books, RRP £62.91 (Scorpia Rising, Stormbreaker, Point Blanc, Skeleton Key, Eagle Strike, Scorpia, Ark Angel, Snakehead, Crocodile Tears) (Alex Rider)
by Anthony Horowitz

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing book and book with wrong cover, 16 Jun. 2011
The order arrived with one book missing and one title with a different cover than all the others. The book was also larger. After contact with the seller they did still send me the missing book. The other book turned out not to be available with the cover as pictured on the site. I had to order this separately and pay extra for it. Not as happy as I had hoped with this order.

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness Pack, 6 books, RRP £41.94 (Ghost Hunter, Oathbreaker, Outcast, Soul Eater, Spirit Walker, Wolf Brother).
by Michelle Paver

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as happy as I had hoped, 16 Jun. 2011
In itself the books arrived in good time and in good shape, unfortunately they did not have the same covers I ordered. Not as happy as I had hoped.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2011 5:25 PM BST