Profile for KevC > Reviews

WOOD GLUE PVA FAST WORKING SUPER STRONG NON TOXIC120G
WOOD GLUE PVA FAST WORKING SUPER STRONG NON TOXIC120G
Offered by BargainShop_London

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well & a good price., 8 Nov 2014
A good glue fro the price, a shame they don't do larger bottles, stays tacky long enough to make sure you can get things positioned but is usually dry enough to handle in an hour or so & fully set within 24 hours.
A few people have complained about not having a stopper, for myself I always pierce the tip with a push pin & leave the thing in there when I'm not using it & have never had a bottle of glue dry out on me in thirty odd years, use a bit of common sense & you wont have a problem, fail to & you will buying a lot more glue than you need to & will always find fault with it.

Matchsticks 2000 Pack
Matchsticks 2000 Pack
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars At least as good as any others I have used., 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Matchsticks 2000 Pack (Toy)
At least as good quality as the ones I used when I first did match modelling over thirty years ago.
There are the odd few that are a bit on the thin side but knowing that once in a while they are really useful for filling in gaps I tend to keep them to one side when I come across them, also as should be expected there are occasional misshapen ones that are really not much use for anything.
If you can't deal with the fact that wood is a natural material & as such will have faults now & then I suggest you get a different hobby, if you can then these will do the job as any I have ever used.

EliteHomeCollection 179 x 254 cm 100 Percent Cotton Waffle Large 2 Seater Sofa/ Double Bed Throw, Natural
Offered by SelectiveGoods

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., 10 Sep 2014
Just what I was looking for.
Perfect colour, thick enough weave to conceal the dark pattern of my sofa but not too heavy either.
This would have been a bargain at the full price but finding it at a reduced price of £12.99 was a great deal.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone and may well buy another myself.

Whitefurze G28WC 10L Watering Can - Green
Whitefurze G28WC 10L Watering Can - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 21 Jun 2014
I needed a larger watering can for my allotment bigger can = fewer trips so the search began my local shops were far too expensive so at £5.99 this was a bargain especially as I combined the order with a few other things & didn't have to pay postage.
It's comfortable to use & the top to back handle means whether it's full or almost empty you can find a nice balance taking the weight off your wrist.
The rose has quite a fast flow but the spread isn't too wide or erratic so you can be really accurate about where you place the water particularly if you reverse it so it faces forward, my other cans always seem to soak my slug pellets so I go through a lot more of them with this can I can water up to to an inch or so from the area with pellets without wetting them at all.
All in a good can at a great price.

Draper 67068 Slimline Pruning Knife
Draper 67068 Slimline Pruning Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 19 Jun 2014
A well made knife for the price, not the highest quality steel & you certainly wouldn't want to replace your razor with it but it takes a good edge the lock is nice & firm & there is no wobble at the joint of blade & handle.
I've had better knives but it's right for the job & well worth the price.

Croydex Secura Push-Fit Bath & Basin Shampoo Spray, White
Croydex Secura Push-Fit Bath & Basin Shampoo Spray, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best ever., 19 Jun 2014
I have had a number of these push on showers over the years but never have I had one that worked as well as this.
The angled heads mean there is no restriction of water flow & the bands hold them firmly on the taps, we have fairly new large square outlets which were a problem with our last shower as they would leak quite badly, this one was a bit of a tight fit (they go on easier if you wet the taps & face of the heads first) but once they were on even at full pressure they didn't let so much as a drop of water escape.
The shower hose is the first one I have ever had that is long enough to even consider using the fittings supplied to wall mount the shower head, I have not measured it but from end to end must be at least six feet.
The only criticism I have is that the shower spray is far too narrow, it is only about 30mm wide & unlike most heads does not spread but comes out in a straight jet, this would probably suit some people but I wasn't keen on it, the good news is that the head can be unscrewed from the hose & has a standard shower head thread so can easily be replaced if you prefer a wider spray, I simply used the one from our old push fit shower.
All in all I would recommend it to anyone who needs a push fit shower, there are many cheaper models around but for the extra few pounds this one is well worth the money.

Faithfull MPCULT Multi Prong Cultivator 900mm (6 Claw)
Faithfull MPCULT Multi Prong Cultivator 900mm (6 Claw)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid bit of kit., 23 Mar 2014
Solidly made without being too heavy, a decent handle too, my only complaint is that the grips could do with being a bit more heavy duty so they may get changed for some others but having tested it on some heavy clay soil in the garden it certainly makes short work of breaking it up, I have a heart condition and a lot of heavy digging with fork & spade are out of the question, this is far easier to do & much less strain on the back too.
The thing that impressed me as much as the tool if not more was the delivery, after a mistake with my card details I expected to receive it a few days later than the Monday I had hoped for so I was really surprised when I check my email on Sunday morning & found one from Amazon with the words "We’re going to deliver your order, containing the item(s) listed below, today.".
Now you can call me a cynic but my immediate assumption was this has got to be a mistake particularly as I had received an email on Saturday afternoon confirming dispatch with an estimated delivery date of Tuesday (which I honestly thought was a bit optimistic).
Well the doorbell went around lunchtime & a very polite young man on the doorstep handed me a large package with AMAZON all over it, to say I was surprised would be something of an understatement.
I know a lot of these deliveries are made by independent self employed drivers & delivering early in the morning & sometimes into the early evening is common but I have never had a delivery on a Sunday, some people may find it a bit intrusive on Sundays but if it gives the guy a head start on his week & I get my purchases a two days early then I say fair play to him.
There isn't an option to rate service here so I will say five stars for delivery, well done.

Botanico Windowsill Greenhouse
Botanico Windowsill Greenhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for the job., 23 Mar 2014
I've had a good number of budget priced propagators over the years & have found the same simple faults with all of them, put plainly they are all either too wide to fit comfortably on a windowsill or too small to be of any practical use, considering that huge numbers of people buy them with just that location in mind it seems to me that is a bit short sighted on the part of the manufacturers so I was pleased to find this one not only a decent size for the job but at a good price too.
Bear in mind this propagator doesn't have a rigid body in fact it is somewhat more akin to a top quality margarine tub than a top quality seed tray but treated as what it is there is no reason at all why it shouldn't last a season or three.
The inserts are a reasonable enough size giving plenty of room for root growth & the clear top is tall enough for seedlings to get to a nice size before transplanting and although by their very nature they are a bit on the flimsy side they ought to be good for a few plantings & as they are a quite common size wouldn't be too hard to replace when the time comes.
All in all I'm happy enough with the first one to order more while they are still available at such a good price & would happily recommend them.

Replacement battery for Pure ONE Mi Radio
Replacement battery for Pure ONE Mi Radio
Offered by Sheeyan International Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much ceaper than an original part & works perfectly., 1 Nov 2013
I have seen a few reviews that say the battery isn't the right size but I found it to be a perfect fit, I cant help wondering if some people are forgetting that owning to the type of fitting the battery has requiring it to be slid over a set of contacts it has to be a little shorter than the battery cavity in the radio to allow space to slide it in.
Once in place it didn't seem to me that it would dislodge too easily & even after shaking the radio fairly hard it wouldn't move so I feel no reason to think it will move in use.
It arrived part charged & took less than an hour to charge fully, I left it turned on for several hours & although it discharged to about half way this took around six hours, not too bad considering how much power a DAB radio uses.
All in all I'm so far quite happy with my purchase & considering I could buy three of these batteries for the price of one supplied by Pure I would rather spend my money on a couple more of these & be able to carry a couple of spares for those times when I'm away from mains power for a couple of days.

Dreamboats And Petticoats - At The Hop
Dreamboats And Petticoats - At The Hop

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes us back a few more years than we have been around., 18 Oct 2013
I buy these for my better half but secretly love to hear her singing along when she thinks I cant hear her ;-)
We met through the resurgence of rock & roll in the 70's & although times have changed we still love all those old sounds.
As always a good mix of tracks well produced & presented with a smattering of cover versions by the cast.
Great value for the £5.00 I paid.

Page: 1 | 2