Profile for Seth K > Reviews

Seth K (Essex, UK)

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
Unexpectedly funny, and highly engrossing. I was wary of its space travel/science fiction genre, as these would not normally be my cup of tea, but it was so character driven that I needn't have worried. Several parts had me laughing out loud, and others had me anxiously reading on long after I should have been asleep. It left me wanting to meet Mark Watney and shake his hand!

Fitflop Walkstar III Nubuck Supernavy Toning Sandals Flipflops (Uk 8 - EUR 42)
Fitflop Walkstar III Nubuck Supernavy Toning Sandals Flipflops (Uk 8 - EUR 42)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for foot problems, 21 Feb. 2014
As a sufferer of heel pain and arthritic ankles, these sandals are a big help. They provide firm support and yet do not look like ugly 'sensible shoes'. They go with everything - I have them in cream too for more summery days!

Love2Sleep KING 15.0 ANTI ALLERGY ANTI DUSTMITE DUVET + FREE PILLOW PAIR OF ANTI ALLERGY PILLOWS POLY COTTON COVER
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected at all., 9 Jan. 2014
The duvet/pillow set arrived quickly, but was not at all what I expected. Both the duvet and pair of pillows came in plastic wrappers as pictured, but both wrappers were open and the contents seem to be low quality, generic and un-labelled. I do not believe the duvet is a 15.0 tog, as it is thinner and cooler than my existing one, but it is impossible to confirm as there are no labels on it - not even to identify the fabric, washing instructions, place of manufacture etc. I think I was sent the cheapest pillows and duvets possible, that were put into 'anti-allergy' wrappers - otherwise why were both sets of packaging open? Very disappointing. I have already purchased replacements from M&S.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 9:25 AM GMT

The Ultimate Christmas Book - Love Food
The Ultimate Christmas Book - Love Food
by Love Food

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 Dec. 2013
The book has many traditional and also more unusual ideas for Christmas recipes and craft ideas. As a family we decided to try to make our gifts and meals rather than ready made, and this book has been really helpful with ideas and designs. Nice photos and clear instructions - a great value book at the price I paid.

Doo Wop - The Essential Collection
Doo Wop - The Essential Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 28 Mar. 2013
It is pretty much guaranteed that you will sing along to this - there are some great old favourites and a couple of new songs that I was not familiar with, but they are already becoming popular car journey songs. If you like the music of this era you will love this collection.

Dodo Pad Filofax-compatible A5 Refill Diary 2013 - Calendar Year: A Combined Diary-doodle-memo-message-engagement-organiser-calendar-book (Dodo Pad  2013)
Dodo Pad Filofax-compatible A5 Refill Diary 2013 - Calendar Year: A Combined Diary-doodle-memo-message-engagement-organiser-calendar-book (Dodo Pad 2013)
by Naomi McBride
Edition: Diary

4.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative to Filofax refills, 6 Jan. 2013
There are some lovely page designs in this set, and it is really useful to have the blank-ish pages on the left hand side for scribbling notes, shopping lists etc.
My only criticism would be that sometimes there are pages of information printed on the backs of the pages, which you cannot throw away as they are on the reverse of diary pages, so you have to turn over 2 pages to get to the next week. I found this so annoying I resorted to sticking the sheets together!
Otherwise, a good diary with a new design to greet you each week.

Thomas & Frederick  Knightsbridge Round Cushion, Damson
Thomas & Frederick Knightsbridge Round Cushion, Damson

5.0 out of 5 stars Frivolous but pretty, 6 Jan. 2013
I bought this as a joke present for a very girly-girl, but when it arrived I kept it for myself! It is not much use as a real cushion as the frilly bits would get squished, but it looks so pretty that it is worth it just for show. I have had to say where I got it to so many people, as it is always admired by visitors, and feels very luxurious to the touch.

Rubber Duck Men's Flip Flop Eva Sandal Black Punctured SS11M600 8 UK
Rubber Duck Men's Flip Flop Eva Sandal Black Punctured SS11M600 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars great value flip flops, 6 Jan. 2013
These were a bargain price, but were good quality and far better made than I expected - not flimsy at all. They are comfortable and look smart, so a very good purchase.

Trojan Presents: Classic Reggae - The Soundtrack to Jamaica
Trojan Presents: Classic Reggae - The Soundtrack to Jamaica

5.0 out of 5 stars Great driving music, 20 July 2012
This has been my driving music since I got it - it's summery and upbeat enough to cheer up the motorways. It has a great mix of tracks, with loads of old classics and some newer ones too. So far Disc 1 is my favourite, but Disc 2 will get more of a listen later I'm sure.