Profile for MrsD > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Thomas & Friends Soft Storage
Thomas & Friends Soft Storage

3.0 out of 5 stars small but cute, 5 Aug 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this for my nephew to store his toys in. It was smaller than I expected, but it looks great in his Thomas themed room and he loves it! Good value for money.

Your Body (Usborne Beginners)
Your Body (Usborne Beginners)
by Stephanie Turnbull

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb 2011
I bought this book (and a few others from the range) to help answer the long list of questions my four year old son was beginning to ask about how your body works! It covers all the basics a child would be interested in and is written in a straight forward and simple manner which I'd imagine most children would understand. I would highly recommend this book.

Under the Sea (Usborne Beginners)
Under the Sea (Usborne Beginners)
by Fiona Patchett

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb 2011
My son is learning about the sea etc at nursery and I bought this book to compliment what he'd been learning about. He really enjoyed the book and amazingly when we visited the local sea life centre recently, he was able to identify many of the fish etc because he'd remembered them from this book! Highly recommended.

The Solar System (Usborne Beginners)
The Solar System (Usborne Beginners)
by Emily Bone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb 2011
I purchased this and a few others from the series for my 4 year old son who was asking a lot of questions about the solar system and I was struggling thinking of how to answer him in a way he'd understand! Amazingly, the book covered so many of the questions he'd been asking me and the book is written in an honest and straight forward fashion that most children would understand. He really enjoys reading the book and has asked for the rest of the books in the range!

Crayola 5 Handwriting Pens
Crayola 5 Handwriting Pens

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pens, 15 Feb 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Crayola 5 Handwriting Pens (Toy)
My son is just learning how to write. I've been looking for some good handwriting pens which are suitable for young children but these were the only pens I could find. They're actually quite good for young writers because the ink runs smoothly no matter which angle making it easy for the child to form letters etc. Very good value for money.

Living with a Gifted Child
Living with a Gifted Child
by Frieda Painter
Price: 8.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 15 Feb 2011
This book is useful if you suspect your child is gifted but want guidance on how to assess your child and what action to take. The short IQ test is also helpful. If your child has already been identified as gifted however, I can't imagine this book would be much help to you as despite the title, it doesn't really provide that much guidance on 'living with a gifted child.' As the photograph on the front cover suggests, this book was written in the 80s so parts of it are very outdated.

Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails
Beyond Toddlerdom: Keeping five- to twelve- year-olds on the rails
by Dr Christopher Green
Price: 8.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 15 Feb 2011
I found the toddler taming book by Dr Green really helpful so I bought this assuming it would also have helpful tips for the older child. I didn't find it particularly useful however. I wouldn't recommend it.

Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311/02 Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311/02 Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: 37.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec 2010
I purchased this toothbrush for my four year old. He hates having his teeth cleaned and I thought the novelty of having an electric toothbrush which plays a little tune at the end might help. My son still hates having his teeth cleaned but it is far easier to clean his teeth properly with this brush and he's now getting into the habit of a good brushing routine. I've found the toothbrush very reliable and it leaves his teeth and gums very clean. I'd recommend it to other parents.

Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 Flexcare Sonic Toothbrush with UV Sanitising Station
Philips Sonicare HX6932/10 Flexcare Sonic Toothbrush with UV Sanitising Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Dec 2010
This is an excellent electric toothbrush and I'd recommend it to anyone. My dentist has commented on how clean and healthy my teeth and gums are looking now that I'm using it. I just wish I'd started using it sooner!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and tight, 8 Dec 2010
The dress arrived quickly and was beautifully wrapped. It was a lot shorter and a lot tighter than I was expecting - I planned to return it but my husband loved it and persuaded me to keep it. Unfortunately, I've never felt daring enough to actually wear it yet. I'd say its probably more suitable for someone in their early twenties who has an excellent figure.

Page: 1 | 2