Profile for XOGM > Reviews

Heavy Duty Metal 2 Hole Punch - Up to 65 Sheet Capacity
Heavy Duty Metal 2 Hole Punch - Up to 65 Sheet Capacity
Offered by Relyonus Stationery Supplies

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but heavy weight, 19 Dec. 2013
Not expensive, but probably not the punch I need.

It is very heavy, and there are problems with it:
Although the guide arm is metal (my main reason for buying it) the guide arm retaining part is too low. It barely allows you to align anything more than a handful of pages.
Secondly, for me, the holes are slightly too close to the edge of the paper, only 6mm.
Thirdly, where the area the paper is pushed up to, inside the jaws of the punch, it has two small metal tabs, presumably as part of the construction, These two tabs are about 4mm wide and do not reach the top of the space against which the paper is held. This leads to two problems: firstly, as there isn't a clean wall of metal to push against, there is a tendency for the paper to wobble within the space meaning the holes are often at different depths from the edge of the paper; and secondly, if punching a really big pile of paper, the lower sheets are punched closer to the edge of the paper than the higher ones.
Fourthly, the notch to indicate the mid point between the individual punches is on the handle that you depress to make the holes. This makes it 50mm from the bottom of the paper stack, and then it moves away from the paper stack as you punch the holes. Why not put the notch on the metal that does not move directly above the paper?

Not a success

SVGA and VGA Coupler to extend, join or adapt SVGA or VGA Cables by Cable Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Does precisely what it promises, 19 Dec. 2013
Not expensive.

Delivered quickly.

Does precisely what it promised, worked straight from the envelope.

Solved a small problem, cheaply, effectively, quickly.

How can you criticise it.

Joe is Online
Joe is Online

4.0 out of 5 stars ...and the rest of us are not!, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Joe is Online (Kindle Edition)
Clever, story of Armageddon in the cyber world we now take for granted.

Interesting ideas and characters only just beyond the believable, but close enough for it still to be worth reading.

Metal Men
Metal Men

4.0 out of 5 stars Not heavy though, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Metal Men (Kindle Edition)
Good yarn, well put together.

Good characters, although I lost one along the way.

Comes together neatly at the end.

At £0.00, very good value!

Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass)
Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass)

3.0 out of 5 stars Its not as good as it predecessor, 13 Nov. 2013
Bought as replacement (I suppose I should use the modern description) upgrade for my Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse bought 6 years earlier.

It does what it says, including working on glass.

But, after 6 years of the old one, I am likely to find the shock of the unfamiliar meaning it feels less good.

It is fatter (aren't we all?) and heavier due to moving from AAA to AA batteries.

The back cover, where the dongle is housed when not in use, does not feel nearly as sturdy, and this one doesn't have the neat little flick out switch, but puling it out of its little slot isn't hard.

Consequence (a gripping crime thriller)
Consequence (a gripping crime thriller)

4.0 out of 5 stars A gripping crime thriller, describes it exactly, 21 Sept. 2013
Well written page turner.

Difficult to explain why I couldn't give it 5 stars without spoiling the ending.

Characters well drawn, action continues at a pace and it appears realistic.For me the final meeting between the characters could have been achieved with a better plot device, as it seemed too coincidental.

My biggest issue? I like a happy ending, or at least a moral. I felt I learned nothing about the human condition that I really wanted to know. I'm sorry if that sounds a bit "Its not you, its me" but that's how I feel.

By the way, "strafing" may mean something specific when using a games console, but I suspect "sweeping" would have better described the action. That jarred for me.

The Complete Insider's Guide to Romania: 2013
The Complete Insider's Guide to Romania: 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Less of a guide, more of a personal observation, 14 Sept. 2013
If you are looking for a traditional guidebook, this may not be for you.

I downloaded it 5 minutes before the taxi arrived to take us to the airport for a long weekend around a friend's wedding, So I simly downloaded the cheapest "guide" available.

I have to confess to only having read the parts that were relevant to me, so I ignored travelling by bus,or the towns I would not be able to visit. So, I have no view on over a third of the contents.

The issue that everyone will talk about, no one ever did.

Was it necessary to devote quite so much to the fraught relationship between the Romanians and the Roma? Perhaps the writer has become more Romanian than he realises?

It does contain the useful stuff, but I am not sure a Kindle book is the best way to access the stuff you need often. Of course that might easily be down to my own inadequacies in using the Kindle to do anything but read.

There is a lot of insight into the Romanian psyche, and the writer clearly has experienced the culture in depth. Being an outsider he is able to offer that perspective.

But exactly why was he there? for what is such a personal statement, it seems odd he doesn't share this information.

Never Say Spy (The Never Say Spy Series Book 1)
Never Say Spy (The Never Say Spy Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not enough book keeping heroines, 14 Sept. 2013
The MacGuffin is not too outlandish, but for the life of me I cannot recall what the whole thing was for. Of course, it is less important than the plot development.

I'm with the lead male character (can I be the only one who couldn't get the image of a young Schwarzenegger out of my mind?) the skills of the bookkeeping heroine to deal with the predicaments she finds herself in, just seem beyond logic.

Having said that, the book fairly rocks along, nice short, crisp chapters, ideal for a quick read before bed, or on the way to/from work.

Iraqi Icicle 2nd edition
Iraqi Icicle 2nd edition

4.0 out of 5 stars A winner, but not yet one of the Classics, 7 Aug. 2013
Certainly better than an Apprentice piece.

Might be a banker with more outings.

It will be interesting to see if the characters makes the distance.

An Aussie bookie's clerk, who also...does what? Helps solve crimes, but he is not a detective, In the final stretch he is difficult to place.

The fact that I haven't the words to describe the book doesn't mean you shouldn't read it. I did, and would have been happy with anyone that had recommended it to me.

Medipaq® Arch Aids - The No. 1 Foot Arch Support - ¾ Length Orthotic Insole PAIR - Gents Size - The Ultimate Insoles to Support Weak and Fallen Arches!
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 7 Aug. 2013
Sits solidly in my shoes..

Very light, but yet sturdy.

Working for me. Whether it works for you, only you can tell.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6