Profile for Phil Renouf > Reviews

Content by Phil Renouf

Phil Renouf

DSTE 2pcs D-LI90 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery + Charger DC93U for Pentax 645D, K-01, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7 Digatal Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want to spend money on this you should buy it, 3 July 2014
Contains two batteries - they get charged. Everything does what it promises :) Bought because I lost my charger but found it again so now I have two chargers and three batteries. Feeling well endowed when it comes to providing charge to my camera.

Samsung ATIV Book 9 Lite 13.3-inch Laptop - White (Quad Core 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)
Offered by Citadel_09

4.0 out of 5 stars A good machine with Windows 8 - what could go wrong?, 27 Mar. 2014
I needed a Windows OS to work with Excel files - Linux and LibreOffice simply wasn't coping.
I chose Windows 8 on a machine without a touch screen which was the dumbest idea imaginable.
I started by getting rid of Samsung bloat ware, installed Office and away I went.
Battery life is good and the size of the machine makes it impressively portable. It ticks so many boxes for me that I would like to give it 5 stars.
But it has Windows 8.
After a few years of trouble free Linux use, this feels like a return to the Dark Side

Acer N35, N35se NavMan & NavPix MyGuide Battery
Acer N35, N35se NavMan & NavPix MyGuide Battery
Offered by UK Battery

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery for NavMan F20, 17 Dec. 2013
This battery did NOT fit my NavMan F20. The battery I needed required 3 wires and a different connector compared to the 4 wires on this battery. It was advertised as suitable for the F20 but is is not.

Sumvision Paradox III 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Set
Sumvision Paradox III 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Set
Offered by Refresh Cartridges

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 10 Oct. 2013
This item is cheap and cheerful - but it works without any fuss.

Pros - Full size keyboard. Price
Cons - Small mouse

The mouse is on the small side but contains the mini usb receiver when being carried. This suggests the intended market was for people who travel with a tablet but prefer a conventional keyboard. I use mine at home and would prefer a larger mouse but am quite happy that this one works well for its price. The keyboard has short stroke keys with plenty of resistance to reduce error strokes - just how I like it.

It is too early to tell whether it is well enough built to last but at the price, I am not worried.

Wahl 79233-017 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set
Wahl 79233-017 100 Series Mains Hair Clipper Set

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 18 July 2013
This is the second one of these machines I have owned. The combs are brittle but the machine is solid and reliable. I bought the new one simply to have the combs again and Amazon provided a more attractive deal than buying the combs separately.

Better combs would make this a 5 star product but at the price, who cares :)

Trail Unisex Single Folding Bed
Trail Unisex Single Folding Bed
Offered by Roukenglen UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't post to Jersey, 30 May 2013
A note about selling to Jersey

We know it costs to send stuff to us but the Royal Mail can cope with quite large parcels. Check it out.
Sending to Jersey is an export - there is no VAT
Most of the time we don't mind you pocketing the VAT to cover the postage but we don't like paying VAT, extra carriage and then our own GST.

Postage from China is usually moderate. Work out where this is going...