Profile for Ms. A. Davidson > Reviews

Content by Ms. A. Davidson

Ms. A. Davidson "Alison" (UK)

The Making of Us
The Making of Us
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I just discovered Lisa Jewell, 2 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Making of Us (Kindle Edition)
I am one of those sad people who once I find a writer I like, I read everything they have produced. It doesn't always work out but I started reading Before I Met You because it was reviewed in Woman & Home magazine and LOVED it. I always thought her work was chick lit, so avoided it, but I have now almost finished The Making of Us too and couldn't put it down. I have now downloaded 31 Dream St and Vince and Joy and can't wait to get stuck in.

ghd IV Styler
ghd IV Styler
Price: 89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement ghd's, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I bought these to replace my old straighteners which had died, albeit after 5 years of sterling service.
They are perfect, smoother than the old ones and work well. I just hope they last as long as the previous ones!

The Stranger's Child
The Stranger's Child
Price: 2.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really go anywhere, 22 July 2012
I bought this as it has been advertised everywhere and I hadn't read his other books which I know are hugely popular. The subject matter - family issues with a historical bent is the kind of thing I enjoy but it just didn't go anywhere and I lost interest in the characters. I don't normally give up on books but I decided life was too short with this one.

Mushrooms (Collins Gem)
Mushrooms (Collins Gem)
by Patrick Harding
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Collins Gem - Mushrooms, 23 Nov 2010
I am new to mushroom gathering and went on the recommendation of another collector on Amazon to buy this book. Its good value and small so you can take it with you, an important consideration, but it doesn't seem to have everything in it. I sometimes have to look up mushroom varieties online as well. However, overall good value for money and fairly comprehensive.

Samsung SM943NW 19" Widescreen 5ms Black TFT Monitor
Samsung SM943NW 19" Widescreen 5ms Black TFT Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor image quality, 12 April 2010
I ordered this on the advice of my engineer as he usually buys Samsung but the image/picture quality wasn't good. The writing wasn't good, it kind of had gaps in it, the letters didn't meet up smoothly, and as a designer I wouldn't have been happy with it.

Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 Retail
Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 Retail
Offered by Beta Macs
Price: 82.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple software update, 6 Oct 2009
As Apple are now being heavy handed in taking all previous software packages from the market place when they launch a new product, it leaves those of us with older kit high and dry. Luckily I found 1 supplier who still had Leopard to allow me to upgrade.
It was delivered promptly and has been installed successfully.
Alison Davidson