Profile for CFG > Reviews

CFG "CFG" (Sweden)

Unseen
Unseen

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Hip Hop, 9 Oct 2009
This review is from: Unseen (Audio CD)
Being a hip hop fan for more than 10 years now I was positively surprised by this album which went under my radar at the initial release. Loved the beats from the beginning which remind me of mid 90s Primo, Pete Rock and Diamond D, who get's shout outs on the album. However I thought I'd never get used to the high-pitched vocals of Madlib's alias Quasimoto, the weed-smoking yellow alien from outer space. But with more and more listenings I started appreciating the voice more and more because as Madlib himself has stated he sounds like Barry White rapping and hearing only his voice an entire album would get a bit monotonous. So it's nice to have this blend. The rapping tackles various subjects from women and drugs to police harassment and Madlibs favourite musicians. And let me say this again, the beats really are fantastic from beginning to start so even if you're having doubts about the vocals try giving the album a chance, cause otherwise you'll miss out on another Madlib classic.

Beat Konducta Vol. 5-6: Dill Cosby & Dil Withers Suites
Beat Konducta Vol. 5-6: Dill Cosby & Dil Withers Suites
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Beat Konducta, 9 Oct 2009
Madlib is quickly becoming my favourite producer with releases like this. The whole album is fantastic. From the more somber beats like "J's Day Theme" and "Do You Know" to the harder ones like "The Electric Zone" and "Get Dollaz" it's always pure quality. While I've been a fan of earlier editions of Beat Konducta as well, this is the one to get if you're new to Madlib or instumental hip hop. Tracks like "Sacrifice", "Anthenagain" and "So much" are some of the most beatiful tracks ever of any genre. A classic album and tribute to the late J Dilla.