Profile for MJ Legacy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Peanuts - It's Magic, Charlie Brown [DVD]
Peanuts - It's Magic, Charlie Brown [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mandy
Offered by infinative prosperity dvd
Price: 3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!!!, 5 July 2012
This is truly brilliant, I've got a few of these DVD's however this one is by far one of the best titles, Charlie Brown & Snoopy are so cleverly done that it's not only created for children but adults also, this is definitely a great title, specially how Snoopy turns Charlie Brown invisible during his magic show he sets up (which is entertaining to say the least!), leaving the problem of bringing him back (which has a great moment as his visibility returns).

If you're considering any of these Peanut's titles, definitely add this one to your collection, it's fantastic & loved by people of all ages!!

9 (Nine) [DVD]
9 (Nine) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood
Offered by Door2DoorEntertainment
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars SO BEAUTIFULLY ANIMATED, FANTASTIC STORY & A TRUE TRUE MASTERPIECE!!!!, 14 May 2012
This review is from: 9 (Nine) [DVD] (DVD)
This is one TRULY AMAZING FILM, I'd always fancied watching this for a long time but never got round to it as I'd always put something else on previously, however I did finally watch it the other night & I was TRULY BLOWN AWAY!!!! .... I've never seen something so BEAUTIFULLY ANIMATED as this ... not only from the movements of the characters etc.. but the detail also is unreal, it's a true true masterpiece & should be a hell of a lot more acclaimed than it currently is!!

The storyline also stands up just as much as the animation, it's clever, it's original, it's in depth & it's very very clearly cleverly thought out, it's not just a simple straight forward story however it's not in any way shape or form confusing or hard to understand either, it's just perfect, even the length of the film is spot on, if you've not seen this film yet then I can truly say you're missing out on a masterpiece, something that I was missing out on for a long time but glad I finally caught up with it, as the saying goes better late than never.

Definitely make sure you get to see this film, it's worth watching without any hesitation of a doubt!!!!

Death Race 2 [DVD]
Death Race 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Goss
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A FILM!!!! Seriously hot women, gripping action, GOOD storyline, SERIOUSLY LOVED IT!!!, 29 Dec 2010
This review is from: Death Race 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Having just watched this film now I wanted to leave my impressions on the film, the film is REALLY GOOD!!! - The action is GRIPPING, the storyline is SPOT ON, the women in the film too are SERIOUSLY HOT! - It has substance in every angle & keeps you constantly gripped to the film.

You get to feel a connection with the characters, specially the guy named 'Lists' ... the connection between him & Carl Lucas (Luke Goss) is fantastic, it's each to their own but I feel the reviewer who slammed it a little, everyone is entitled to their opinion, sure, however I don't see any substance (or sense) in it & I'm sure when more people write reviews here you will see what I'm saying is true, the film is remarkable!

I wasn't familiar with the one with Jason Statham (Who I feel is also an amazing actor!!!) - However I'm not sure if people are writing on biased reviews on the basis of because they expected Statham in the film, however I did hear that this film is a PREQUEL, hence why .... & the way this 'Death Race' came about is gripping .... the other person mentioned about fights in the prison cells more so than being based around 'Death Race' is nonsense, it's the build up & climax of the film & all within reason & it's all very very relevant & gripping!

All in all, it's an AMAZING film, which is why I specifically wanted to come & write a review here, all the cast are great, Luke Goss plays an amazing part as Carl Lucas, the twist & plot of the story is spot on & gives you that 'Wow' factor (I didn't expect it to go the way it did), but it's very good, very clever & really well thought out, the fact the women in the film are seriously spot on too is just a massive bonus!

The film is fantastic ... you won't be dissapointed, trust me on this one!!!!! :-)

Bone Dry [DVD]
Bone Dry [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luke Goss
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you gripped with a fantastic twist & ending., 27 Jan 2009
This review is from: Bone Dry [DVD] (DVD)
Well each to their own & as much as I respect each persons opinion I'm not too sure what film that guy below was watching but I'm not sure it was Bone Dry.

I wasn't too sure how I'd take to this film, with it being pretty much set in the desert, I thought the story line may have been a bit thin, however I was totally wrong.

The story line is strong & it constantly keeps you gripped, your watching the film wondering why Eddie is being tortured so much by Jimmy, but it all makes sense in the end with a very clever twist, Jimmy is constantly putting Eddie through various methods of torture, which also makes you think "No way thats cruel" but it also has some good humour in it (such as the scene where Eddie is tied to the van shouting "I love it Jimmy"), it is a VERY intriguing film that keeps you constantly watching.

Eddie also meets a few other people in his trip during & the things that happen are crazy too, your kinda thinking while watching it "Don't be doing that" ... but theirs no stopping, mistakes are made & well.. you'll see.

I've had friends watch this film & every one of them have genuinly turned round and said "Yeah it was really good" & even my little brother (Who can never sit & watch films) has watched this a few times, bringing his mates in to watch it too (Who also all enjoyed it) so that does speak for itself.

As I say, each to their own but the film, in my honest opinion, genuinly is a fantastic piece & it has such a clever story & twist to it, the end is very interesting & makes you go "Aaah right" .... and then, do you feel sorry for Eddie after all?

All is answered within the film but it is a very clever story with a fantastic twist, trust me on this one :)

I really don't know why the guy below gave it such a down low review, because it actually truly is a really good film, but watching it yourself will speak for itself anyway.

Family Guy - Season 7 [DVD]
Family Guy - Season 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 9.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a review as such, just something I'd like to clear up for potential buyers, 24 Sep 2008
This review is from: Family Guy - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
As I'm slightly confused (which i posted as a comment to a previous review), here's why :

I dont get it, I've bought the Family Guy Freakin' Party pack last year, which has all the DVD discs in from Seasons 1 - 6.

Reading on here about the episodes from Seasons 5 & 6, does this mean that some of these on here will be episodes I've already got in the pre-seasons?

Be a bit silly if so, however I'm not too sure the full score on this so anyone who can shed any light would be much appreciated !!!!

I think people need to know this as it sounds a bit silly really if so (maybe the American seasons are compiled different to the UK ones?), though again, if anyone can shed some light, i think it will help other potential buyers (which I'd like to do) that may also be confused about this, I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

Thanks !!!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2008 9:43 PM GMT

Philips DVP3005/05 Multi Region Capable - DVD Player
Philips DVP3005/05 Multi Region Capable - DVD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Had this player a while & it's been GREAT !!!!, 28 July 2008
I've had this DVD player a good few months now & wanted to try it out for a while before writing a review.

The DVD is great, sometimes actually loading the disc can be a slight bit slower than some DVD players, but other than that it's great & the loading thing isn't a bad thing either, as I say it's slightly slower than some but it's truly nothing to worry about, only the most nit picky person would find that an issue.

The regions for Multi DO have to be unlocked, this is very easy to do & works perfect, which is the following :

Make sure the tray is EJECTED so theirs no disc in the player
Press system menu on remote control
Go to preference settings
Press 1,3,5,5,6,6
Use Up and Down keys to select 0 and press OK
Press system menu on remote to exit

I did this myself with no problems or hassle at all & it DID work straight away, now playing any DVD's of any region.

Also, another thing I think I noticed someone saying how theirs no eject button on the remote, thats kinda true, their isn't an eject button as such HOWEVER holding down the STOP button for a few seconds ejects the disc, which I'm not sure many people realised.

The player itself is a really nice design too & very slim, so goes in nicely on any unit, it's a FANTASTIC price, plays DVD's perfectly & a great bargain.

For the price you pay this is definietly the best DVD you'll find, I've spent loads more money on players in the past and they haven't been half as good as this, however of course if you buy a new top notch player, it'll wipe the floor with this, but as a standard DVD player, for all you need to watch your DVD's (which is all they are needed for anyway), it's an absolute bargain & gem of an item, trust me !!!!

Asterix - Box Set [6 Discs] [Animated] [DVD]
Asterix - Box Set [6 Discs] [Animated] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Goosens

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC PACKAGE OF EXCELLENT & CREATIVE HUMOUR, 1 May 2008
First of all, I think that for the price, getting 6 DVD's alone is a fantastic bargain, when you consider how much 1 DVD is charged in the shops, this is actually an amazing bargain.

It comes very nicely packaged in a nice box set, which opens out as a gatefold presenting the 6 DVD's, beheind each DVD is a clear holder with a picture underneath each one, that looks really nice too.

The DVD's quality are fantastic in my honest opinion, they look good, they sound great & they play well, what baffles me a bit on some of the reviews here is people banging on about lack of extra's, but to be fair, what more do you want at this price anyway?, you get the scene selections, the audio changes & the actual movies, I don't see what extra's are a problem to some people, however of course everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Now, within this set you get the following animated adventures, which I'll write a little (not too much as i don't want to give it away) review on them.

Asterix & Cleopatra - I think out of them all, this is my least favourite, not that it's not a good adventure, it is, but theirs certain things in it, which I wasn't as keen on, such as Cleopatra's singing lion part, that kinda annoyed me a bit as it seemed a bit out of character, so called for an Asterix film, i little too disney i guess, as Asterix has always been pretty much true to life (in regards to character forms), it doesn't have talking lions, so I found this a little of putting, the animation also seems a little ropey compared to the rest, however thats not to say it's not a good Asterix adventure, it is, it's just the one that appealed the least to me on this collection.

Asterix The Gaul - Classic adventure, gives a little introduction to the characters of which then it goes into the whole adventure, where Phonus Belonus is trying to find out what the secret is behind the Gauls super human strength, after playing musical chairs with the Romans he sends a small, dopey little character to act as a spy, who gets found out (through a dancing game) by the Gauls, the adventure turns into a great and very entertaining one & is such a fantastic adventure also, only downer on this is the characters names have changed (I guess these were the original names) which aren't too favourable, for example Cocofanix the village Bard is known as Stopthemusix (Which sounds a bit daft), Vitalstatistix is known as Tonabrix, Getafix is Panoramix (not too bad), though maybe thats cause in the later adventures I was never familiar with these names, however other than that it's a fantastic & good adventure & you get used to the names anyway while you watch it.

Twelve Tasks Of Asterix - I think this is just a classic one that most Asterix fans are familiar with, Asterix is set 12 tasks by Ceaser to prove that they must be gods, which they go through some very funny and great tasks (of course successfully) such as the isle of pleasure, javeling, wrestling, the circus, the egyptian mind reader type dude, sleeping on some haunted island, meeting the beast in the cave, eating out the chefs food, the house that sends you mad & many more, great, fantastic & very funny adventure, one of the best.

Asterix In Britain - Again, another BRILLIANT adventure, very funny, the Brits humour is so good in this one also, and it gets them to a T (No pun intended lol), basically the Romans are trying to concur Britain except the one village thats holding out (kinda like the Gauls) who Asterix's cousin is part of, Asterix's cousin travels to seek help from the Gauls, of which Asterix, Getafix & Obelix sail across to help, meeting pirates on the way, the Romans finally get hold of Getafix after he creates some dodgy potion that gives them hair growth, of which Asterix manages to free him, of which he also gets some fake herbs from a venetian ship he saves from the Pirates, they even go to a rugby game & the adventure has a real good plot & ending to it, another favourite from this collection !!!!

Asterix & Ceaser - Again, another good adventure, the Romans manage to kidnap a couple from the Village, of which the girl Obelix falls madly in love with, theirs lots of funny things in this adventure & happening they go through to get the couple back, although the male of the couple is quite a fighter himself, it's Asterix & Co. that save the day in this one, again, another great adventure too.

Asterix & The Big Fight - Again, a good classic adventure, basically a menhir lands on the druid, of which he can't remember his formula for his magic potion, I won't give too much away in this, however it's quite a different adventure for the guys & again, guranteed to create some good laughs. (This is also noted as "Operation Getafix" on the official site, as i was seraching to find this title (thinking it was something different), I found out that "Operation Getafix" is another title that was used for this advenure, so don't go searching for it as you've already got it here)

So all in all, it's a fantastic box set, I really can't see why it gets anything less than 5 stars simply for the quality of the adventures alone it's worth it (Even for a couple but to get 6 DVD's is a bargain), it will definitely create laughs for the family & if your an Asterix fan already, then without doubt you will love this box set regardless, it truly is a great deal, presented nicely & has 6 very good & classic adventures, they're brilliant, truly !!!!

Family Guy (PS2)
Family Guy (PS2)
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT & CHALLENGING GAME - SURPRISING !!!, 28 Sep 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Family Guy (PS2) (Video Game)
After reading some reviews here before purchasing, I did think that the game would probably be a bit naff in places, simply because what some people have said.

Now, I agree 100% that people are entitled to their own opinions, but I honestly can't understand why some people have been as critical on the game as they have been here, it just seems like keen gamers wanting to put a downer on a game thats been done from a TV show (which usually are expected to be naff).

The game is fun, the graphics are light graphics but do look good, the quotes, storylines & comments are very funny (just like the TV show) & the game is actually really challenging too, it's not too frustrating and with the levels that are a little hard to do, it's just practise & working out a way how to do it, then you can do it everytime then.

You do have to get a knack of the controls though (IE the leg sweep, dont do the combination too fast) but again, once you done this, it's a really fun & good game to do, not too easy, not too hard, challenging with humour also.

At 5.95 (Current price at the moment), their really is no room for complaint here because you are getting complete value for money, and this is an honest review also.

Canon Pixma iP4300 Photo Printer
Canon Pixma iP4300 Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars GIVEN TIME BEFORE WRITING REVIEW ...... HONEST REVIEW, 1 Aug 2007
First of all, I just want to say that I bought this printer from Amazon around going on 2 months ago or something .... I haven't written no review before hand as I wanted to give the printer time to find any flaws/get to know the printer etc.. & then come back & write a truthful, honest & real helpful review from my true personal experiance.

I do want to state that I'm really hard to please in many ways also, so I was curious due to the price of the printer that this might not be as good as some reviewers gave said, however here goes.

The printer is truly AMAZING, I'm serious!!!! .... the quality on the printer is fantastic in regards to print outs, the ink usage is FANTASTIC ... and the ink lasts AGES also (I was doing some HEAVY print out's and got over 100 QUALITY print outs before one of the ink cartiridges going).

Installing ink is AMAZINGLY easy & the light thing inside the printer is fantastic also ......... the other good thing is, when you put the new ink cartridge in also, it DOES actually give first off good quality prints (Where as other printers you have to sometimes do a couple of cartridge cleanses etc.. which just wastes loads of ink) ... the ink life is AWESOME !!!!!

Printing on CD's is also VERY EASY & brings FANTASTIC RESULTS .... I honestly, hand on hear cannot reccomend the printer enough ... I paid over 300 for a printer by Epson as quality was VERY important to me & this printer is actually a million times better than the one i paid over 300 for, it amazes me why Canon are selling this so cheap but I will be so surprised if anyone finds a printer any better than this, specially within this budget.

Their really is no flaws on this printer, after having it a few onths using it heavily, the set up was very easy (I've never before used a CD printing this either) & it was absolutely easy.

Only thing is just make sure you have the lead to connect to USB as it doesn;t come with the printer, though most people have these anyway & they are cheapm enough to buy also, that paying an extra fiver or so for a lead is nothing compared to how much your saving on this fantastic printer.

It's QUICK at printing also, lining up documents is very good & very easy, doesn't slip, media qualitys print FANTASTICALLY WELL from programmes etc.... it prints smoothly, it's not loud when printing, ink life is fantastic, it lines up & looks after documetns well, the tray feeder is brilliant, it runs and feeds paper smoothly (I've never had a jam yet), it's fantastic & the software for the CD printing is great & very easy to use also.

I've read a couple of reviews saying it's a bit bulky, is it a little bit, but not much at all, and i don't think thats an issue anyway, it's not like you can't find space for it cause it's not really all that bulky either, I've seen printers far far more bulky than this by a mile.

Don't hesitate on getting this printer, honestly I'm amazingly fussy when it comes to buying things like this as I'm quite the perfectionist with things .. and theirs truly now a single bad word you can say about this printer at all.

So yeah, basically, I've left this for a couple of months to write an honest review which is what I've done here, all i have to say is get the printer for yourself & you will see exactly what I mean, that you won't even need to read any more reviews, you won;t be disspapointed in this, I truly don;t know how anyone can knock this printer & no wonder it's got amazing reveiws/stars .. they're not too good to be true, they actually are, it's a fantastic and a real gem of a printer !!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2008 10:49 AM GMT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Great phone when works, but doesn't last long & goes mental, 25 Jun 2007
I wanted to write a good honest review here on this phone, after owning the phone quite a while, this may be helpful to some potential buyers.

I've had the phone a while (I'd say around 9 - 10 months maybe) & it's now finally died, I'm quite upset at the moment (though ain't going to write the phone out of that, just calmness) but it's been going quite crazy, until this happened, the phone was quite a decent phone (I'll explain more later on this current status).

The battery life on the phone is actually quite good, charge the phone up every night while your asleep & it lasts well during the day, you can have calls for 45 mins & it'll still be ok (I dont know about much longer cause I hardly remember sitting on the phone over an hour or so on it lol), the design is quite good, nice slim neat phone, the photo's aren't too bad but the memery is extremely small, you cant upgrade the memory and you'll be lucky to get more than 2 MP3's on this (Unless they are tiny MP3's or real low yet crap sounding bitrate), the video doesn't film too long either, but as a phone itself for taking calls etc.. it's not bad.

Now, the phone's life ... today the phone died on me big time, it keeps continuin to freeze, doing all sorts of wierd things (For example, i got a text, pressed reply the text closed off, it went into my call book, started dialling a number etc... & I hadn't pressed anything yet), things are just jumnping everywhere & it's going crazy.

I've just ordered a new phone today (Sony Ericsson W810i - which I've heard from a lot of people they are good phones and all the reviews I've browsed on various sites are all good honest reviews/praises on the phone .. for the price too & the things it does, it's extremely worth it), however in regards to the Razr, if you really like the phone.. get it, as when it works, it's not too bad, but don't expect longevity on the phone & the memory is extremely small.

Maybe, I'm just an unlucky one that this has happened to but I do take good care of my phones & this one has just clearly gone on it's own after a while.

Also, even with the software you can;t back up your text messages either & the bad thing about that is, they store on the phone (Not the sim, theirs NO option to store to sim either), so if your phone goes, you lose everything. (You can however back up your phone book with the software but text messages definitely not which is a bit stupid to be honest).

I hope this has helped a few people here in regards to deciding wether to purchase the phone or not.

Page: 1 | 2