Profile for Amelia > Reviews

box 100 Bodyguard 4 Blue Nitrile Powder Free Disposable Gloves [Large]
Offered by SHINE_UMBRELLA
Price: 5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Very prompt delivery, 12 Jun 2014
Gloves are good - not quite as large as I was expecting for 'large' but I guess they are supposed to be close fitting and they're fine.

Cook up a Feast
Cook up a Feast
by Mary Berry

4.0 out of 5 stars Great practical guide for cooking for numbers, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Cook up a Feast (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant no-nonsense guide for cooking and entertaining for numbers. Each recipe has quantities for 6 or 12 and gives instructions as to what can be done ahead of time. Great ideas for starters, mains, puddings as well as tea-time, dinner parties and more. If you are an experienced cook you might find that the recipes are quite conventional, although not uninspiring, but for the novice or competent cook, this book will be a great asset - no quirky ingredients, advice about equipment needed, step by step instructions, great pictures (some showing the method), ideas for menus. It will certainly lead to calmer entertaining. I am used to cooking for large numbers but I'll still find myself using this quite a lot. It would make a great wedding or 21st present!

Blues in all Keys, Vol. 42
Blues in all Keys, Vol. 42
by Jamey Aebersold

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 Sep 2013
This book was recommended by my daughter's flute tutor and she seemed very pleased with it. Arrived very quickly too.

Qualtex Post Motor Filter For Dyson DC07 DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Qualtex Post Motor Filter For Dyson DC07 DC14 Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way to a new hoover, 10 May 2013
I was about to trade in my Dyson DC07 as it kept overheating and cutting out and didn't pick up well. Bought this as a last resort and also changed the other filter on the side. I now have a hoover that works like new - incredible suction! When I bought the Dyson I'm sure that this filter was called a 'lifetime filter' and therefore hadn't changed it, although I had washed the other one. This one was very simple to change - just remove the lid below the chamber, pull off the old filter and drop in the new. I read about sealant strips and although I bought one I didn't seem to need them (I think they are only needed for the HEPA filters which I think are for allergy sufferers). I highly recommend this product - a couple of pounds completely revitalised the hoover - and now I know the effect it has I can replace it every year instead of every three to four.

Kitchen Craft Classic Collection 1 Litre Ceramic Jug
Kitchen Craft Classic Collection 1 Litre Ceramic Jug
Price: 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not 'large', 14 May 2012
This is a lovely jug but I should have read the description more closely and realised that a one-litre jug wouldn't be 'large'. Because it had 'Large' in the title I was expecting it to be two or three times the size so was disappointed when it arrived. However, I've kept it as I'll certainly find a use for it. I think the labelling should be changed to 'Medium-sized'- hence the four-stars. Otherwise would have given it five. Packaging and delivery were faultless.

Hampi: Discover the Splendours of Vijayanagar
Hampi: Discover the Splendours of Vijayanagar
by Subhadra Sen Gupta
Price: 36.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually sumptuous, 13 April 2012
Hampi is an extraordinary place and deserving of an excellent book like this. It's both a history and a photographic book.I'd recommend it to anyone who has visited Hampi and anyone interested in archaeology or Indian history.

Scruffs Ranger Donut Pet Bed, Antique Brown, 76cm
Scruffs Ranger Donut Pet Bed, Antique Brown, 76cm
Price: 32.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but would have been better bigger, 13 April 2012
This was bought as a back-up dog bed and, as such, it fits the bill - very lightweight, nice looking and reasonably comfortable. However, it's a bit on the small size for a large dog. Ours (26k)has to be helped to make sure she's in the middle and then flops over the side of it. No complaints though, given the reasonable price.

PestBye Advanced Sonic Solar Mole Control Repeller with LED Light
PestBye Advanced Sonic Solar Mole Control Repeller with LED Light
Offered by Primrose
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 13 April 2012
It wasn't clear how rapidly this began to work, particularly as there was little sun to start with, but after a week it was clear that there were no new molehills and it seems to have kept them at bay since. A great little gadget.

FRIDGE FREEZER DOOR HANDLE UNIVERSAL FITTING
FRIDGE FREEZER DOOR HANDLE UNIVERSAL FITTING
Offered by diy-applianceparts
Price: 9.75

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 11 Nov 2011
This has been on the fridge for about a month and is starting to crack already around the screw holes. I didn't expect it to last long but thought I might get more than a month out of it.It needs strengthening around the screw holes - will look at trying to find some metal pieces that might slot in on top of the plastic. Otherwise will just have to shell out for a more expensive handle.It might be a good buy for a little fridge with one delicate owner.

EzyDog Quick Fit Harness Chocolate L
EzyDog Quick Fit Harness Chocolate L
Price: 22.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 10 Nov 2011
Wasn't sure about ordering this as have had problems before in trying to get a harness to fit our deep-chested dog. Have also had problems trying to find harnesses that are not multicoloured. This one works a treat. I wasn't sure at first whether the length on the chest was sufficient as the harness runs quite close to the leg, but it seems to be comfortable, has stopped our dog pulling (why this harness should do this when the old one didn't I just can't explain) and is very much simpler to put on and take off than the old one. I'd certainly recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2