Profile for mikeymike > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
HyperX Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module
HyperX Savage 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 May 2015
No problems, I paired it up with some Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 memory I bought 5 years ago.

StarTech.com 1 Port Flush Mount ExpressCard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter
StarTech.com 1 Port Flush Mount ExpressCard SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware of power hungry bus-powered USB devices though..., 19 May 2015
The only issue I've had with it is that it can't supply sufficient power to a bus-powered portable hard drive I tried in it, even with the little cable that is supposed to supply power from another USB port. Apart from that, it basically works for me.

ASUS Z97M-PLUS DDR3 HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard
ASUS Z97M-PLUS DDR3 HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems/foibles spotted with this board so far, it ..., 19 May 2015
No problems/foibles spotted with this board so far, it is as decent as plenty of other Asus Intel boards I've used over the last few years.

Quantek Black Metal 2.5" to 3.5" SSD Mounting Adapter Bracket Hard Drive Holder
Quantek Black Metal 2.5" to 3.5" SSD Mounting Adapter Bracket Hard Drive Holder
Offered by Quantek

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin., 19 May 2015
Works well enough, plenty of screws provided for both securing the SSD and the bracket to the case. I concur with what other reviewers have said about it not being 100% suited to a 3.5" bay designed for front access, but IMO if you're securing an SSD, then two parallel screws shouldn't be a problem (in the Coolermaster Elite 342 case the bracket is a snug fit into any of the available 3.5" bays, plus two screws and it isn't going anywhere), as an SSD doesn't have the same vulnerabilities as a HDD wrt shock / vibration.

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, 2x DVI-D, VGA, HDMI, 128 Bit, Dust-Proof Fan, Super Alloy Power)

5.0 out of 5 stars An all-round improvement from my Gigabyte 5770., 4 July 2014
Quieter than my 5770 (both idle and on load) by quite a long shot, my PC is almost silent during 2D usage (on load it is more audible as can be expected, but definitely not noisy like its predecessor). Power usage is also down by nearly 18W idle and >25W on load. Performance-wise it meets my expectations.

NETGEAR XAVB1301-100UKS 200 Mbps Mini Powerline ( 1 item)
NETGEAR XAVB1301-100UKS 200 Mbps Mini Powerline ( 1 item)

4.0 out of 5 stars These adapters worked fine, though one thing to watch out for..., 29 Jun. 2014
The usual word with Netgear homeplug adapters is that if they have the same product family name (XAV for example), they'll work together. Unfortunately, you should double-check with the Netgear website if you have older adapters that you want to work with these, because a pair that I had initially had the product name XAF.... (that's what was written on the receipt), but then were renamed to XET...., and so therefore weren't compatible.

NETGEAR DGN2200-100UKS N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections
Offered by AGM ES Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars The new web interface is worse than the DG834G's, but otherwise this router is OK, 29 Jun. 2014
I've bought several of this model of router and not had any problems with it (it definitely doesn't have any of the wireless issues that Netgear's N150 / DGN1100 has/had).

ARCTIC Freezer 13 - 200 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets with pre-applied MX-4 High Performance Thermal Compound

4.0 out of 5 stars It knocked about 300-400rpm off the fan speed, compared to stock cooler, 29 Jun. 2014
Which I would put down as a win. With an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 board I had a little trouble getting the nearest DDR3 module in afterwards (I think I loosened the HSF then inserted the module then tightened the HSF afterwards), but that was about it.

2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper - 45kg Foam Density
2" Double Memory Foam Mattress Topper - 45kg Foam Density
Offered by Memory Foam Warehouse®

4.0 out of 5 stars This nullified the spring-stabby effect of a cheap mattress beneath, 29 Jun. 2014
It did that job perfectly for me, so I sleep a lot better these days, my only nitpick about it is that it absorbs heat more than most mattresses.

Asus Nvidia GeForce 210 Graphics Card (512MB, DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, HDMI, DVI-I, VGA, 32-Bit, TurboCache 1GB, 0dB Silent Cooling, Nvidia CUDA Technology)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic graphics card, however, 29 Jun. 2014
That is a big-ass heatsink on there. I had problems with it in a Dell PC because the board had capacitors sticking up high enough near the PCI-E slot, so I had to try and bend the heatsink fins to accommodate the capacitors. Even then, I can't imagine that the heat dissipation would have done the caps any favours.

I think it would have been better to make a low-profile compatible graphics card with a less tall heatsink and a fan, then make a desktop-class variant of this graphics card with a taller, thinner heatsink.

The one I bought had a low profile bracket in the pack.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3