ARRAY(0xa1b604a4)

Profile for Karolina Maria > Reviews

Content by Karolina Maria

Karolina Maria (London, England)

Should You be Laughing at This?
Should You be Laughing at This?
by Hugleikur Dagsson

5.0 out of 5 stars I just bought this book today..., 11 Nov 2006
I just bought this book today and started reading it on a tube. Well, I guess people were thinking I must be crazy, because I literally found myself laughing out loud. This is gonna be a classic, so put your hands on it as soon as possible.

Auschwitz: The Nazis & The 'Final Solution'
Auschwitz: The Nazis & The 'Final Solution'
by Laurence Rees
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I come from..., 3 Aug 2006
I come from Poland, where the holocaust theme has always been deeply analyzed, where children in their early teens learn about Hitler, Nazis and The Final Solution. I have read many books about WWII, but mr. Rees is a man of great knowledge and his books are just so readable. A very good source of information, and a fascinating story teller.

The Other Side of the Story
The Other Side of the Story
by Marian Keyes

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for chick-lit haters., 3 Aug 2006
If you think chick-lit is not worth your time, read this book and you will change your mind. I never thought I would read anything close to this genre, until one of my customers left this book in my cafe. I read the first page and finished the book in three evenings (in fact, it is quite thick). Even though I didn't read any other authors of this genre, and have no comparison, I so much adore mrs. Keyes. What I really like about this book, is that it shows one situation from different point of views. Who's right? Which position is worse? The seductress or the abandoned? Plus the story itself is full of good humour, surprising comments on love, life, friendship and everything else. Pure pleasure.

The Ice Queen
The Ice Queen
by Alice Hoffman
Price: 11.83

5.0 out of 5 stars For fantasy lovers and all the rest ;), 2 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Ice Queen (Hardcover)
A wonderful mixture of fantasy and reality, where possible meets impossible. A heart-warming story about love and passion with a surprising ending. Probably the best of mrs. Hoffman so far.

The Historian
The Historian
by Elizabeth Kostova
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A reading worth every page, even the boring ones ;), 2 Jun 2006
This review is from: The Historian (Paperback)
Though the book seems to be... let's face it! ;) a bit boring at the beginning, it would be a sin not to get to the end, which makes up for everything! Unlike the Da Vinci Code, The Historian gives you all the answers you have during the book. Please forgive me a tiny spoiler, but characters really meet Dracula himself! :) A reading worth every page, even the boring ones ;)