Profile for SDH > Reviews

SDH

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Silverline GT36 Swan-Neck Shovel 1300mm
Silverline GT36 Swan-Neck Shovel 1300mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Over all a good purchase at a good price and one that I'm ..., 10 Nov. 2014
Interesting that it supposedly got damaged during transport and therefore had to be sent again. I just accidentally rolled a massive rock over it and it survived unscathed! Over all a good purchase at a good price and one that I'm considering repeating.

Fusiliers: How the British Army Lost America but Learned to Fight
Fusiliers: How the British Army Lost America but Learned to Fight
by Mark Urban

4.0 out of 5 stars Fusiliers, 10 Nov. 2014
Whilst not quite as enthralling as 95th Rifles it's still a very good read. The book dispels many of the myths concerning the British fighting ability and attitude in America.

The 95th (Rifles) in America: the Experiences of Two Soldiers During the War of 1812
by Harry Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars ... superb 95th Rifles book I thought this would be good as a follow-up, 10 Nov. 2014
Having read Mark Urban's superb 95th Rifles book I thought this would be good as a follow-up. However, I think it's really for the more dedicated follower of military history. I stopped reading it half way through and probably won't finish it.

Silverline 633636 Tow Rope 3 Tonne 4.5m x 50mm
Silverline 633636 Tow Rope 3 Tonne 4.5m x 50mm

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Ton tow rope, 6 Nov. 2013
Yep, this does what it says. I use it to pull boulders and stumps out of all sorts of rough conditions and it does what is asked of it. I'm thinking to buy another but short version.

Toolzone 2 Ton Cable Puller
Toolzone 2 Ton Cable Puller
Offered by iShop247

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 Ton puller, 6 Nov. 2013
Its okay. I have busted it twice so far. In fact at one point it completely fell apart. So why rate it okay you might ask! Well, I put it through hell pulling boulders and tree stumps out of the mud and I don't thick it was really intended as a heavy duty item. It was easy enough to replace the snapped bolts with larger ones and now it seems to be withstanding the test.

Faithfull Blue Poly Rope 10mm 30m
Faithfull Blue Poly Rope 10mm 30m
Offered by Marine UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Rope, 6 Nov. 2013
Pulled several large stumps out using it and moved several large boulders, all successfully. It does what it says and it doesn't twist around itself, which is a blessing.

Husqvarna 15" .325 Pitch .050 Gauge Type H30 LowVib 64 Drive Links Chainsaw Chain
Offered by KC Hire

5.0 out of 5 stars Chainsaw chain, 6 Nov. 2013
This is a quality product at a sensible price. Not cheap but not expensive. I have already used it to fell a few large trees, until I hit a hidden staple. I have since then used the sellers 'return by post' set up to resharpen this and my other chains, all done very quickly.

Single Swivel Lifting 0.3" Rope Pulley Sheave 0.03 Ton
Single Swivel Lifting 0.3" Rope Pulley Sheave 0.03 Ton
Offered by eforlife8

3.0 out of 5 stars Pulley, 6 Nov. 2013
It took a long time to arrive and when it did it was tiny, very flimsy looking and basic, but then it was only £1.50 so I guess you get what you pay for!

Collins Complete DIY Manual
Collins Complete DIY Manual
by Albert Jackson

4.0 out of 5 stars DIY manual, 16 Sept. 2013
It one of those really big guides to DIY. I've found lots of useful pointers but as with all such guides you always seem to need just a little bit more detail than it can sensibly provide. About its only draw back is its wieght. Its not really a book to read on the loo!!

UK MAINS HOME HOUSE WALL CHARGER FOR TOMTOM Via 130 135 Via Live 825 Go Live 825 AC ADAPTOR
Offered by Digital Accessories Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Wall charger, 16 Sept. 2013
It a wall charger. What can I say, other than it does what it says and its still working and I'm happy enough with it..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3