Profile for kaleycuoco > Reviews

3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
Offered by zestyle2013
Price: 0.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 3 Feb 2014
This was bought as a replacement for a lost wire for our speakers.

I am no sound snob but it sounds just as good as the old one, and there have been no issues with the sound as far as I am aware!

The cable is nice and long and seems durable - ours has lasted through being transported a good few times.

GripFast Baby On Board Sign
GripFast Baby On Board Sign
Offered by Kay Royale
Price: 1.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and durable, 3 Feb 2014
This was bought as a gift for a friend who was pregnant.

Two babies later and the sign is still stuck in the back of her car and it looks just as clear and bright as when we first got it.

A sensible idea for anyone with kids.

Ornami Silver Ladies' Filigree Open Heart Hook Wire Earrings
Ornami Silver Ladies' Filigree Open Heart Hook Wire Earrings
Price: 8.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty!, 3 Feb 2014
These earrings couldn't get much cheaper, but I really like the way they look and would have paid much more for them.

They are small and quite subtle but a nice bright silver colour. I find them perfect for work, and have had a few compliments on them.

I have had no problems with them hurting my ears, turning green or breaking.

Recommended!

The Little Book of Thunks: 260 questions to make your brain go ouch! (Independent Thinking Series)
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of hype - very little content, 3 Feb 2014
I know that this is the 'little' book of thunks, but I had heard a lot about this book and was somewhat disappointed with how few real ideas there were.

There are 260 thunks but I found them to be a bit repetitive, and as a French teacher I wasn't sure about how relevant any of them would be to my subject.

In my experience, the kids themselves can come up with more creative questions, so maybe I will give them a couple of the best examples and ask them to work out their own instead.

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (3 oz)
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (3 oz)
Offered by Wholesale UK
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good moisturiser, not too heavy, 3 Feb 2014
I really like this moisturiser - wish it was more readily available in the UK!

I found this to be a nice summertime night moisturiser as it is fairly light but still moisturising. It doesn't have a memorable smell, and the texture is quite runny, more lotion than cream.

In combination with my usual Olay regenerist serum (I always mix the serum with something) it made my skin very smooth over the six-ish months I used it. I also had a few compliments, which I am pretty sure was at least partly due to this cream.

My skin can sometimes be sensitive, and this was never a problem with this cream.

Recommended!!

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 100 ml
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau de Parfum Spray for Women 100 ml
Offered by UK Fragrance Deals
Price: 15.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced., 2 Feb 2014
I can't make up my mind about this perfume.

I have a bit of a perfume collection, and thought that this would be a no-brainier as it has so many good reviews. But I am not convinced about the smell.

It goes on pretty strong, and then after a few minutes dies down to be a fairly sweet floral smell. The smell isn't bad, but it doesn't stand out for me - I don't think I would remember it as anyone's signature smell.

The bottle is beautiful, however, and this is a good price for a perfume that lots of people obviously love.

Simple Kind To Eyes Nourishing Eye Make-Up Remover Cream - 100 ml
Simple Kind To Eyes Nourishing Eye Make-Up Remover Cream - 100 ml
Offered by UK Pharmacy Direct
Price: 6.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple - like it says on the box!, 2 Feb 2014
I really like this product, have purchased it a good few times and bought one for my mum when she had an issue with the skin around her eyes being sensitive.

I find the product works well if you are wearing a medium amount of eye makeup. If you wear a lot, especially of waterproof mascara, you are likely to need to apply the remover and wipe it off a couple of times to get everything off, or wake up with smudges!

My eyes are sometimes sensitive but this product I find to be quite gentle. I like to use it in combination with either a make up wipe or a moist cotton pad - if you use it on dry tissue you end up having to use a lot more product, which can get messy and then it can get in your eyes.

Overall, the product works well if you don't want to irritate your eyes unnecessarily (who does?) and you don't wear a lot of eye makeup.

Naturaleve Muslin Cloth Pack of 5
Naturaleve Muslin Cloth Pack of 5
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, will buy again., 2 Feb 2014
I have used muslin cloths before as part of my routine but I especially like these ones. I have been using them every day for a few months and would definitely recommend them.

The muslin is really gentle, so they exfoliate but don't cause any of the dryness I have had in the past.

They are also incredibly easy to use. I tend to massage a thick cream (astral) all over my face and eyelashes and then use a cloth and warm water to gently remove the cream, along with makeup/dirt. This process leaves my face really clean, but also really well moisturised. I might have to change my routine if it turns out to make my face oily in summer, but it has helped prevent dryness all winter for me.

The cloths also wash really well - I throw them in my normal whites wash and they are fine.

In Rude Health: The funniest and most explicit stories from the NHS
In Rude Health: The funniest and most explicit stories from the NHS
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit repetitive, 2 Feb 2014
I know that the blurb doesn't promise much else, but I was a little disappointed to find that the majority of the book is pretty much just about people getting things stuck in a particular place.

To be fair, it is quite a funny thing to happen, but after a few of these stories it felt a bit repetitive.

I really preferred 'Blood, sweat and tea' (about the ambulance services) and would recommend that over this book.

A Monster Calls (0)
A Monster Calls (0)
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional and compelling, 2 Feb 2014
I thought this book was a great piece of new fiction.

I know that the students at my school study it so I decided to give it a go, and found the book to be much better than expected.

It reads almost like adult fiction, though it is pretty short, and I would absolutely recommend it for a fairly mature teenager.

Page: 1 | 2